Project Information - text formating

Author
vmw
Max Output Level: -88 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 140
2015/11/20 23:19:52 (permalink)
5 (2)

Project Information - text formating

I have been a supporter of Cakewalk since the days of a single disk with Greg's name on it. The one thing I have often wondered about is why the project information window hasn’t been given some accessible text formatting tools. As age creeps up it is becoming more difficult to read the text due to its size it seems to me that others may also run into this difficulty.

Like your coders probably know it is very easy to include text formatting thus it is no major task or time consuming addition. However, it would make a genuine asset/feature to an ever increasing respected DAW.
I would like to see something in the way of control as there is in this and other forums.
Minimum additions:
Font family; font size; font format (normal, italic, bold); Paragraph justification; paragraph space after; line space; tab indents.
Font variable colour of choice for highlighting.
A method of exporting as an rtf text file, which can be used by Adobe Acrobat to add to a composition note book. This can then be used to check on the state of various projects and any other relevant observations. All of this without having to wait for a project too load to gain access to the information. 
---------------------------------------------------------
More additional features for the future and outside the above more immediate requests:
  • The ability to search the project info of all Sonar projects in a given project directory. (perhaps  keywords or tags)
  • Automated generated list of all used VST & VSTi plugins and version, listed along with the preset name where the plugin manufacturer has coded the plug to make it possible.Thanks for making a features and ideas forum available to members.
post edited by vmw - 2015/11/20 23:35:54

3 Replies Related Threads

patm300e
    Max Output Level: -74 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 845
    Re: Project Information - text formating 2015/12/09 10:32:24 (permalink)
    +1 for this one...Note the glasses on my avatar!

SPLAT on a Home built i3 16 GB RAM 64-bit Windows 10 Home Premium 120GB SSD (OS) 2TB Data Drive.  Behringer XR-18 USB 2.0 Interface. FaderPort control.
    robert_e_bone
    • Total Posts : 8968
    Re: Project Information - text formating 2015/12/09 11:19:18 (permalink)
    +1 (1)
    Good idea - I think it would be nice if in addition to your notion, that when you hovered over that area, it would spawn a movable dialog box with the contents magnified, and have the edit tools available to that dialog box, and also maybe add the ability to spawn such a window from the View drop-down menu (like View Console, or step sequencer, etc...).

Bob Bone

Wisdom is a giant accumulation of "DOH!"

Sonar: Platinum (x64), X3 (x64) 
    Audio Interfaces: AudioBox 1818VSL, Steinberg UR-22
    Computers: 1) i7-2600 k, 32 GB RAM, Windows 8.1 Pro x64 & 2) AMD A-10 7850 32 GB RAM Windows 10 Pro x64
    Soft Synths: NI Komplete 8 Ultimate, Arturia V Collection, many others
    MIDI Controllers: M-Audio Axiom Pro 61, Keystation 88es
    Settings: 24-Bit, Sample Rate 48k, ASIO Buffer Size 128, Total Round Trip Latency 9.7 ms  
    arlen2133
    Max Output Level: -78 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 601
    Re: Project Information - text formating 2015/12/09 14:41:47 (permalink)
    Like the idea a lot.  I use the Project info page for lots of "notes" and other pertinent information.

Would also be nice if this info could somehow show up on the Smart Screen in the info section of a project?
    I would like that too.

Arlen
    aka
    Mr Grant
    my music

Cakewalk by Bandlab, Sonar Platinum (2017.09) & X3e , Windows 7 64 bit, Intel I5 3.4 Ghz, 32 Gbs RAM, Saffire Pro40, various pres and VSTi's.

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1