Project Notes, Comments, Reminders, etc.

Author
TomPearson
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1
2016/03/23 16:50:10 (permalink)
4.33 (3)

Project Notes, Comments, Reminders, etc.

As a long time Cakewalk user (meaning way back before audio was even a thought), I'd like to start by saying great work team, and keep it up !!!  

A suggestion which will add value and productivity to everyone, everyday, who uses your software, is the ability to easily create and access notes/comments within a project.

I realize there is the option for adding "Info..." under the Project menu,  and "Description" within the Inspector, however they are not conducive to making quick notes specific to a track, a plug-in setting, mic placement, outboard gear settings, a reminder to do something, etc., etc.  

In addition the "Info..." dialogue box disappears and is not conveniently saved with Screensets, and the "Description" box has little/no formating and poor readability. These are both understandable, as they were each designed for a specific purpose.

My suggestion would be adding functionality similar to "Sticky Notes" but with the ability to save them with the project, similar to Excel's Comments. The option to create one per Track, BUS or Overall Project, with a variable transparency level and show/hide options, would keep them in view (if required) while not cluttering the work area

I've tried using "Info..." and "Description" within the Inspector, but nothing really suits the purpose of adding quick notes during a recording, mixing or producing session, so I've resorted to maintaining a separate Excel file, with a TAB for each project.

Thank you for the consideration.
Tom

1 Reply Related Threads

paradoxx@optonline.net
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 49
    Re: Project Notes, Comments, Reminders, etc. 2016/03/24 19:48:47 (permalink)
    I agree, and had a similar post a few weeks ago!
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1