Project files won't open in Sonar Platinum

Author
Mack
Max Output Level: -85 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 264
2016/01/02 13:26:57 (permalink)

Project files won't open in Sonar Platinum

Hello,
I have, with Acronis, backed up my projects to an external hard drive (F) from my (E) hard drive.  I cant seem to open those files directly from the (F) external drive into Sonar.  In Sonar I click Open then click on Look in:  I see the (F) drive and click on My Backups.  No project files are listed there.

I can see the project files if I go to My Computer and click on the (F) drive.  If I click on the project from there I get this message from Sonar C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Local\Temp\ a bunch of numbers\Audio does not exist.  Would you like to create it?  I am reluctant to say Yes.  I did try clicking No and the file tries to open but most of the audio tracks are missing and blank.  I have the feeling I am not approaching this in the correct way.

I would appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks

Sonar Platinum 
Cakewalk BandLab  
Sony Sound Forge Pro 10
Garritan Personal Orchestra 5, Instant Orchestra  
MOTU Ultralite MK3 Hybrid
Windows 10/64  Intel i7 CPU, 16G RAM
Dual Screen Monitors 
ADK Pro Audio built Computer

3 Replies Related Threads

slartabartfast
    Max Output Level: -22.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 5289
    Re: Project files won't open in Sonar Platinum 2016/01/02 18:19:28 (permalink)
    Did you use per folder audio to save the audio files into the same folder as the project file prior to moving/copying the folder to another location? If so, are the permissions on the F: file location the same as the original location? This is probably not actually not a computer problem, but rather an application specific issue related to how Sonar stores and accesses audio and project files. Try posting your question to the Sonar forum and I would bet you will get a correct solution faster.
    Mack
    Max Output Level: -85 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 264
    Re: Project files won't open in Sonar Platinum 2016/01/02 21:41:15 (permalink)
    I believe that Acronis saved project files must be restored back to the drive they were saved from in order for them to open back into Sonar. That's my theory right now. This is based on some internet searching. I will test this out tomorrow.
    Thanks

Sonar Platinum 
    Cakewalk BandLab  
    Sony Sound Forge Pro 10
    Garritan Personal Orchestra 5, Instant Orchestra  
    MOTU Ultralite MK3 Hybrid
    Windows 10/64  Intel i7 CPU, 16G RAM
    Dual Screen Monitors 
    ADK Pro Audio built Computer
    BRainbow
    Max Output Level: -83 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 399
    Re: Project files won't open in Sonar Platinum 2016/01/23 00:47:28 (permalink)
    I never use Acronis to backup my SONAR project files or my samples -- only my OS drive and some of my other install files and data.  Call me old fashioned but they are too precious to compress into a squeezey *.tib.  I'd rather spend money on a couple huge back-up external USB HDs from Costco.

Cakewalk (forever), Two WIN10 64-bit DAWs: home-brew ASRock x299 Taichi / i7 7820x w/ 64GB RAM and ASUS X99A-II / i7-5820K w/ 32GB RAM, ZOOM UAC 8, Mackie ONYX 1640i FW Mixer/Interface, Mackie ONYX 1200F, Avalon U5 PreAmp, NI Komplete 11 Ultimate, EastWest Composer CloudX, Yamaha MOTIF XS8, Ensoniq SD-1 and ESQ-1, Korg M1rEX, Yamaha TX-81Z, Roland D110, Line6 HELIX Rack and Native, POD HD-Pro, POD Farm 2.5, Yamaha NS-10 and Presonus Eris E8 monitors, Yamaha Disklavier Upright Piano, mics, guitars, basses, and the cutest little tambourine.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1