QUESTION ABOUT IMPORTING AUDIO SOUNDS IN SONAR 8.5 STUDIO

Author
Victoria C
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 37
2010/08/14 09:28:46 (permalink)

QUESTION ABOUT IMPORTING AUDIO SOUNDS IN SONAR 8.5 STUDIO

Okay so I got my new firefox audio interface and new computer Im up and running howeverw when I imported my audio files into Sonar...maybe its me, but the quality of the audio files didnt sound as good as sonar's soft synth files, the audio files were of me playing my keyboard as well as strings and so forth on, I wanted to know do I have to play everything over and re record in sonar or can sonar improve the quality of the files by a click of a button, also I also played the drums and recorded it as an audio file but its off terribly it sounds like its dragging, Im not sure how to quantize or even if I could quantize an audio file, so if anyone could please tell if I can use audio files for anything other then just recording and if I will have to re record my tracks into sonar, I so hope I asked these questions correctly without confusing anyone, thanx again!!

2 Replies Related Threads

Stone House Studios
    Max Output Level: -40 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 3550
    Re:QUESTION ABOUT IMPORTING AUDIO SOUNDS IN SONAR 8.5 STUDIO 2010/08/14 10:25:09 (permalink)
    Short answer is that it is hard to "fix" or "improve" the quality of an audio file, depending on what the problem is.
    There is no magic button to click - but you can try audio snap to tighten up audio file timing (if it is available in Studio) or you can use any combination of fx like equalization, compression, expansion, etc to tweak the sound.
    Personally, I would re-record as much as possible to get a better quality recording, and then still use the above mentioned techniques to get the most out of the recorded material.

Brian

Core i7-6700@3.40Ghz  Windows 10x64 16 GB RAM
    Sonar Platinum/Studio One     PreSonus Studio 192
    Victoria C
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 37
    Re:QUESTION ABOUT IMPORTING AUDIO SOUNDS IN SONAR 8.5 STUDIO 2010/08/14 10:38:41 (permalink)
    Thanx Brian I some how knew I would have to re record because I want to get the best out of sonar plus use some of its soft synths and audio and soft synth quality??? A COMPLETE DIFFERENCE!!!
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1