Question about copyright information

Author
vanna91
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2
2010/11/29 17:23:28 (permalink)

Question about copyright information

Ok, having a problem all, and realize this should be a simple answer... when creating tracks with the cakewalk music creator, by using any of the provided "wav" files, does that prevent being able to use the track in a video etc... I believe that any of the files in there would fall under some sort of copyright coverage, but I really am unable to figure out what "is" what. So, I want to avoid spending all day on a project if I am unable to use it legally... any ideas, suggestions etc. I tried to call the company today and talk to the legal dept... but was sent to voice mail... Thanks all.

2 Replies Related Threads

vanna91
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2
    Re:Question about copyright information 2010/11/29 17:56:38 (permalink)
    I hope it was clear what I was asking... any inclusion of the wav files would make it protected? Because even if I modify them... they weren't mine originally correct? Sorry, but this area is a little grey and better to be safe than sorry... Again, thank you for your time
    AT
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 10654
    Re:Question about copyright information 2010/11/29 18:26:00 (permalink)
    I believe the Cake waves are copyright free for use in works.  They are protected, however, against being used as a "for sale" collection.  You can use them in a song and make money, but you can't resale them as sounds or loops.  That is pretty standard, but check to make sure.  It should say somewhere in the documentation and I'm not sure what sounds/loops you are using of Cakewalk's.

https://soundcloud.com/a-pleasure-dome
    http://www.bnoir-film.com/  

there came forth little children out of the city, and mocked him, and said unto him, Go up, thou bald head; go up, thou bald head.
    24 And he turned back, and looked on them, and cursed them in the name of the Lord. And there came forth two she bears out of the wood, and tare forty and two children of them.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1