Questions about Firestudio

Author
DRAngleb
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 4
2009/03/30 22:02:44 (permalink)

Questions about Firestudio

I've seen a lot of negative reviews of the Presonus Firestudio Project. I'm wondering if these issues have been addressed by Presonus. Also, were these issues VISTA related, or possibly with previous versions of Sonar.

I'm having a new machine built and will be running XP on a Quad Core. I also will be running the latest version of Sonar Producer 8.3.

I'm hoping my configuration would be more stable with Firestudio. The size, specs, and cost seem to meet my requirements. Unfortunately, it would not be worth the cost if it is as problematic as people say.

Any opinions will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Dale

2 Replies Related Threads

jlizerbram
    Max Output Level: -88 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 126
    RE: Questions about Firestudio 2009/05/29 19:47:53 (permalink)
    Hey Dale,

I've been using the FS Project and believe it or not, it's working out great for me. In fact, now they've come out with the Daisy-Chaining abiliy, so I got a second one, and they're working great together. One thing, however, it took at least a night's worth of work to get everything working like it should. The key thing is to make sure your Firewire 1394 controller is a TI type. You can tell if you go into your Device Manager.

I've had to bounce back and forth between ASIO and WDM when I had one FS Project, and while WDM mode did the trick for a while, with daisy-chaining, I've had to switch to ASIO. Still works smoothly in 8.31 of Sonar.

-Jeff

Sonica Labs (Q6600 Quad Core, 8GB, 500GB OS, 500 GB Audio, 500 GB Samples, 2TB Backup) 
    Windows 8.1 Enterprise
    2X Presonus Firestudio Projects, daisy-chained, using Universal Driver 1.7
    Sonar Platinum
    M-Audio Oxygen 88, Lots of EastWest using Play 4.2

bluefiddle
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1
    Re: RE: Questions about Firestudio 2010/08/27 15:49:55 (permalink)
    Hi Jeff,

I just bough two Firestudio Project units and hope to get them working together. My first attempt early this morning did not work. Sonar 8.5 only saw one of the units although the "universal control" software saw them both. I am going to try uninstalling the drivers, loading the most recent driver package (with new universal control), syncing one unit at a time, driver updates and in the end, I will make sure I am using AISO.

It would be great to follow in your footsteps if I come up empty again as I would really like this to work. Besides, If I am returning these boxes, I need to do it soon...  Thanks!
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1