Quicky FM for Rapture/Dpro

Author
lawapa
Max Output Level: -68 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1144
2006/04/23 15:08:05 (permalink)

Quicky FM for Rapture/Dpro

Rapture does not directly do FM. But if you have SoundForge it does have a 4 op fm synth under tools. When you want to get that FM sound you can create this and snag a single cycle for Rapture, If you can't find what your looking for in the wavetable folder.

Really complex singlecycles can be rendered up quick using it. It takes a little getting used to how this functions so you can get a usuable file. But if you have a pitch chart for midi notes and their frequencies it makes it easier to set the freq for each op so it spits out a transposable file.

If you also have z3ta you can load up a single wave form and using the shaper get some very interesting snap shots to snag for your homemade folder. You only need a single cycle but you can use a wave file in both and get some very interesting results as well.

2 Replies Related Threads

b rock
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 8717
    RE: Quicky FM for Rapture/Dpro 2006/04/25 00:39:24 (permalink)
    But if you have SoundForge it does have a 4 op fm synth under tools.
    Nice one, Larry. I forgot about that SF tool. I've been using PSYN to get some EZ-FM mapped out, and then cropping a slice out of that. One more 'quick & dirty' FM-like sidebanding hack, and you knew that I was going to bring this up. User-defined LFOs *expect* a single-cycle waveform. Cram in 100 or 1000 cycles instead, or a frequency sweep of some sort. Then set up an LFO Rate destination in the MIDI Matrix. It's crazy.
    lawapa
    Max Output Level: -68 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1144
    RE: Quicky FM for Rapture/Dpro 2006/04/25 21:03:46 (permalink)
    I have not even started with the user defined LFO waveforms. But I do understand the power behind it. Rapture is different. Because you can use so many flavors of sound all mixed together and effect that with so much it's mind bogglin.

I have some vocal samples, I got one up and loaded it several times. Talk about super fat vocal mayhem. And any wavefile you have can be loaded and processed. Rip a sample from your track, loop a small section and use to add granular delay to any track. It's not only a synth it's like the ultimate EFX plugin. And I am not kidding. I consider it a sound laboratory. An open ended effector with only your imagination holding you back.

If you could directly access a track without bouncing out it would be the most comprehensive effects tool ever made. But I DON'T MIND. I know what to do and well it's not a problem.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1