RP instrument controls for global SONAR options

Author
ricoskyl
Max Output Level: -84 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 327
2016/02/29 13:40:08 (permalink)

RP instrument controls for global SONAR options

I like the idea of the instrument control panel in the new Rapture Pro, but I'm wondering if it can be adapted as a global control for use of all Sonar objects.  Perhaps as a secondary virtual controller.

For instance, an x/y surface could be used to control volume and balance of two different tracks or buses.  I know you can group almost any controls, and setting the ratio between them is also possible (+12/-12), but the x/y surface would give the freedom to control both volumes and ratios, i.e. 0/0, 24/0, 0/24, 24/24 and anything in between.  The Vector mixer idea could be used to shift between six different sources (effects, tracks, buses, layers, etc.) rather than just the voices of the RP library patch.

Even the rotary knobs would be helpful for those who use control groups because they can be labeled and preset/recalled. 

Could this entire control element be used within FX Chains to extend the six-knob/six-button GUI?

If you want to make enemies, try to change something. -Woodrow T. Wilson
Turbulence is a life force. It is opportunity. Let’s love turbulence and use it for change. -Ramsay Clark
----------------------
Sonar Platinum Win 10 x64 on HP Pavilion i7 5500 12Gb RAM, Tascam US-16x08, NVidia 840 8Gb vram, Multi-Screen, Multi-Touch

0 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1