RP interface idea (color picker vector mixer)

Author
ricoskyl
Max Output Level: -84 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 327
2016/09/09 16:11:51 (permalink)

RP interface idea (color picker vector mixer)

How hard would it be to update the vector mixer and the element buttons so that each was representative of a portion of the color wheel?  Lets say element 1 is pure blue, element 2 is green, etc. to reinforce this, the elements' colors would be reflected in the mixer page.  (As in, I think this sound needs a bit more yellow.)

Finally, a few 'empty' spaces in the UI could be assigned to a real-time "net color" swatch that would reflect the shifting presence of each element as the sound is generated. For live performance this might help to achieve the correct shading between elements. This would also make it far easier to diagnose and adjust shifting sounds as they are being designed with multiple elements.  By the way, might it add a measure of sex appeal to an otherwise underused feature?

It's just a thought.  Does anyone else think it's worth consideration?

If you want to make enemies, try to change something. -Woodrow T. Wilson
Turbulence is a life force. It is opportunity. Let’s love turbulence and use it for change. -Ramsay Clark
----------------------
Sonar Platinum Win 10 x64 on HP Pavilion i7 5500 12Gb RAM, Tascam US-16x08, NVidia 840 8Gb vram, Multi-Screen, Multi-Touch

1 Reply Related Threads

Kamikaze
    Max Output Level: -45 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 3013
    Re: RP interface idea (color picker vector mixer) 2016/09/11 00:27:21 (permalink)
    When I first read this my first thought was 'What!'
    Then I released RP meant rapture pro, and that your suggestion is overlapping with 1 of mine.

http://forum.cakewalk.com/Rapture-Pro-Colour-code-the-elements-m3221362.aspx

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1