Rapture 1.2.2 and Dim Pro 1.5 - Registry Key changes

Author
ChristopherM
Max Output Level: -56 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1921
2010/08/15 11:31:30 (permalink)

Rapture 1.2.2 and Dim Pro 1.5 - Registry Key changes

In case anyone else falls into this trap, I don't see any reference in the release notes drawing attention to the change of name for the registry keys.  After I installed these updates, DP worked fine, but Rapture couldn't find its multisamples, so every prog file loaded, but returned a string of error messages and (obviously) remained silent.

Some time ago, I had intentionally merged the four sample libraries of the two Raptures and the two Dims  to eliminate redundancy using the method of altering Registry Keys, as initially proposed on the Project 5 web-site. Knowing that, I suspected that the new installer had somehow reset the registry key.  However, Regedit said otherwise, so I spent a couple of fruitless hours tinkering without success.

To cut a long story short, I eventually found the solution in a post by Rene (RGC) about another issue.  He mentioned that new registry keys (dp, dple, rp, rple) have been added to the existing ones.  I hadn't noticed them and I had been making my changes to the old (fully and eye-catchingly named) registry keys.  As soon as I realised this, I could correct the problem in seconds.

Now shouldn't Cakewalk have mentioned this rather fundamental change in the release notes?  Also, I'm not sure why Dim Pro successfully recognised the altered location, but Rapture didn't.

0 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1