Rapture 1.2.2 multisamples registry key unsupported

Author
ducatibruce2
Max Output Level: -79 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 557
2010/07/17 02:15:10 (permalink)

Rapture 1.2.2 multisamples registry key unsupported

After updating to Rapture 1.2.2 the multisamples aren't found in the path specified in the (unofficial/undoc'd) reg key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cakewalk Music Software\Rapture - though they worked prior to the update.

Is this "workaround" no longer supported?

Currently I can only get it progs to load when the multisamples are in the default C:\Program Files etc folder or using a junction.

WinXP SP3 :)
edit to add: only tested the standalone version - will check VST later
post edited by ducatibruce2 - 2010/07/17 02:19:50

S8.5.3PE & X1d P Exp & X2P, Q6600 @3Ghz, 4GB DDR2, XP SP3
With Knobs: 2 x Yamaha i88x mlan (ASIO), RS7000, Motif ESR, Roland SI24, VSynth XT, Varios, Fantom XR, JunoD, HPD10, Korg PadKontrol
No knobs: P5, DimPro, Rapture, Z3ta+, IK stuff, ReCycle, Komplete8

4 Replies Related Threads

chad
    Max Output Level: -81 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 468
    Re:Rapture 1.2.2 multisamples registry key unsupported 2010/07/17 08:12:54 (permalink)
    ducatibruce2

After updating to Rapture 1.2.2 the multisamples aren't found in the path specified in the (unofficial/undoc'd) reg key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cakewalk Music Software\Rapture - though they worked prior to the update.

Is this "workaround" no longer supported?

Currently I can only get it progs to load when the multisamples are in the default C:\Program Files etc folder or using a junction.

WinXP SP3 :)
    edit to add: only tested the standalone version - will check VST later

I've got a custom Multisamples Folder working here. Did you change yours at all? 

-  Make sure your String value is "Multisamples Folder"
    -  Make sure this points to the folder that your Multisamples Folder is located in, not the direct Multisamples Folder path

So if your Multisamples Folder was located here:

Z:\Multisamples

The Reg entry would be:

Z:\

ducatibruce2
    Re:Rapture 1.2.2 multisamples registry key unsupported 2010/07/17 09:56:44 (permalink)
    Thanks for responding chad,

Nothing was changed other than the software update.
    I've checked the registry string value & the target value & can't see any problems
    Loading exisiting Progs give a multsample not found error message in both the standalone host & Sonar.
    New progs (created after the update) can find the multisamples.
    Loading up the old DXi version (1.2) in Sonar finds the multisamples for existing progs just fine.
    Have refreshed the Program Browser list several times & even deleted the programs.lst file & forced a rebuild to no avail.

DimPro update works fine & finds multisamples in the same nonstandard location.

Off to scratch my head.

With Knobs: 2 x Yamaha i88x mlan (ASIO), RS7000, Motif ESR, Roland SI24, VSynth XT, Varios, Fantom XR, JunoD, HPD10, Korg PadKontrol
    Jonbouy
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 22562
    Re:Rapture 1.2.2 multisamples registry key unsupported 2010/07/17 19:37:49 (permalink)
    Bruce

The new install of Dim Pro creates a registry entry called:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cakewalk Music Software\DP

Rather than the previous \Dimension Pro entry.  The multisamples entry for the new version is in there.

It follows therefore that the Rapture installer puts a similar new entry perhaps

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cakewalk Music Software\rt or something similar, yes?

Find the new version Rapture entry and change or create the values as per Chads instructions.

Does that do the trick?

post edited by Jonbouy - 2010/07/17 19:41:28

"We can't do anything to change the world until capitalism crumbles.
    In the meantime we should all go shopping to console ourselves" - Banksy
    ducatibruce2
    Re:Rapture 1.2.2 multisamples registry key unsupported 2010/07/17 20:08:16 (permalink)
    Bingo Jonbouy!

Reg key is HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cakewalk Music Software\rp

Not sure why the value wasn't created/copied across on update install when DimPro does do it - but that fixed it.

Thanks

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1