Rapture LFO managment

Author
plectrumpusher
Max Output Level: -81 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 479
2008/09/19 15:31:38 (permalink)

Rapture LFO managment

Hello all ,

After recently installing the excellent Muz3um sounds ( THANKS FRANCESCO!) I've noticed that the lfo folder is full ( lots of my own in there too). If I were to want to install the latest galbanium sounds , how would I insure that the previous lfo's in the folder don't get wiped ?? . Am I going to have to change the names of two different folders in order to jockey back and forth between sound sets and not loose the descreet Lfo sets that belong with the individual sound sets ??

Thanks ,

Cheers
post edited by plectrumpusher - 2008/09/19 15:38:23

If you haven't got a smile on your face and laughter in your heart.......Then you are just an old sour fart!!

8 Replies Related Threads

AT
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 10654
    RE: Rapture LFO managment 2008/09/19 15:37:45 (permalink)
    The folder is full? I haven't noticed any such restrictions and I've loaded in a couple of extra libraries including Francesco's and some of Tom's lfo stuff. Do you get a warning or something?

Interesting.

https://soundcloud.com/a-pleasure-dome
    http://www.bnoir-film.com/  

there came forth little children out of the city, and mocked him, and said unto him, Go up, thou bald head; go up, thou bald head.
    24 And he turned back, and looked on them, and cursed them in the name of the Lord. And there came forth two she bears out of the wood, and tare forty and two children of them.
    b rock
    • Total Posts : 8717
    RE: Rapture LFO managment 2008/09/19 16:05:19 (permalink)
    Am I going to have to change the names of two different folders in order to jockey back and forth between sound sets and not loose the descreet Lfo sets that belong with the individual sound sets ??
    Unfortunately, the answer is currently yes. There have been quite a few requests to expand on this process. I'm not sure that Rene envisioned that the future would see so many people/expansion packs filling up this feature. To be clear ... I'm sure that Rene considered it, but you just have to let some things go in preparing a product for distribution.

It's not a great workaround, but there is something that you can do. If you keep your various LFOs in discrete folders, you can store them all under the main LfoWaveforms parent folder. Only the ones 'outside' of this subfolder structure will get scanned on launch. When it comes time to use a different set, highlight all 80 from its subfolder, and drop them into the parent LfoWaveform folder (overwriting what's there).

You could also keep LFOs that are named outside of the LfoWaveform020.wav-to-LfoWaveform099.wav convention. It's more of a hassle to rename them back correctly again, though. LFO 0-19, and LFO 100-101 are mathematical algorithms that are internally generated. They can't be overwritten. But (as you've suspected), the Galbanum packs will overwrite every one of the 80 available slots. Last one loaded wins, and in order to reload the user-defined set, you have to do it 'offline', and re-launch Rapture.

Don't shoot the messenger. This is killing any smooth sailing for my (future) AdRaptureLinn set, too. [Cakewalk] Feature Request page.
    chad
    • Total Posts : 468
    RE: Rapture LFO managment 2008/09/19 16:08:56 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: plectrumpusher

Hello all ,

After recently installing the excellent Muz3um sounds ( THANKS FRANCESCO!) I've noticed that the lfo folder is full ( lots of my own in there too). If I were to want to install the latest galbanium sounds , how would I insure that the previous lfo's in the folder don't get wiped ?? . Am I going to have to change the names of two different folders in order to jockey back and forth between sound sets and not loose the descreet Lfo sets that belong with the individual sound sets ??

Thanks ,

Cheers

The Muz3um set didn't include any LFO waveforms. You might have some other LFOs from another package, probably brock's?

In the case of running out of LFOs I usually tend append the name of the expansion pack or sample set at the end of the folder name, so my Rapture content folder looks something like:

Lfo Waveforms
    Lfo Waveforms_MyCustomLFOs
    Lfo Waveforms_brockwaveforms
    Lfo Waveforms_Galbanum

Then rename the the folder I want to "Lfo Waveforms" when I want to use specific presets that reference those LFOs.

I tend to bake in my custom LFO shapes to the STEPGEN section whenever possible using the "Copy Shape from LFO" feature in 1.1.

Hope that helps,
    Chad
    chad
    • Total Posts : 468
    RE: Rapture LFO managment 2008/09/19 16:10:31 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: b rock
    It's not a great workaround, but there is something that you can do. If you keep your various LFOs in discrete folders, you can store them all under the main LfoWaveforms parent folder. Only the ones 'outside' of this subfolder structure will get scanned on launch. When it comes time to use a different set, highlight all 80 from its subfolder, and drop them into the parent LfoWaveform folder (overwriting what's there).

And he beats me to the punch, again...

b rock
    • Total Posts : 8717
    RE: Rapture LFO managment 2008/09/19 16:20:34 (permalink)
    And he beats me to the punch, again...
    I like your process much better. There's less 'work' involved, and it lowers the risk of making a hurried mistake.
    AT
    • Total Posts : 10654
    RE: Rapture LFO managment 2008/09/19 16:53:51 (permalink)
    Nice work around chad.

https://soundcloud.com/a-pleasure-dome
    http://www.bnoir-film.com/  

there came forth little children out of the city, and mocked him, and said unto him, Go up, thou bald head; go up, thou bald head.
    24 And he turned back, and looked on them, and cursed them in the name of the Lord. And there came forth two she bears out of the wood, and tare forty and two children of them.
    plectrumpusher
    • Total Posts : 479
    RE: Rapture LFO managment 2008/09/20 00:47:31 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: chad

ORIGINAL: plectrumpusher

Hello all ,

Thanks ,

Cheers

The Muz3um set didn't include any LFO waveforms. You might have some other LFOs from another package, probably brock's?

In the case of running out of LFOs I usually tend append the name of the expansion pack or sample set at the end of the folder name, so my Rapture content folder looks something like:

Lfo Waveforms
    Lfo Waveforms_MyCustomLFOs
    Lfo Waveforms_brockwaveforms
    Lfo Waveforms_Galbanum

Then rename the the folder I want to "Lfo Waveforms" when I want to use specific presets that reference those LFOs.

I tend to bake in my custom LFO shapes to the STEPGEN section whenever possible using the "Copy Shape from LFO" feature in 1.1.

Hope that helps,
    Chad

Thanks for the replys guys; Chad , I'll admit that I had'nt thought of the stepgen substitution : Brilliant!!!

100 lfo slots ....a great thing until it's realized how wonderfull the feature is and everyone gets used up !!

Switching folders...Not Ideal, but the extra power of the customizable Lfo's makes it worth the work.

Cheers
    post edited by plectrumpusher - 2008/09/20 00:56:05

If you haven't got a smile on your face and laughter in your heart.......Then you are just an old sour fart!!
    GPD
    Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 72
    RE: Rapture LFO managment 2008/09/20 01:01:58 (permalink)
    It's me who was the LFO hog.... guilty as charged. ;-)

Sorry about that. The ones I made are pretty neato though. ;-)

I have suggested to Rene to allow LFOs to be loaded and managed exactly the same way as normal Waveforms. This would allow an unlimited number of LFO waveforms. I believe it is on the the to-do list, but don't quote me. He/they certainly are aware of the issue though.

Andrew Souter
    Galbanum | sonic science aural allusion

www.galbanum.com
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1