Rapture Patch selection help

Author
Lickermat
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 4
2006/11/08 06:12:59 (permalink)

Rapture Patch selection help

Hi, I’m new to cakewalk products (Logic user) but do love Rapture. I’ve a few questions Id appreciate some help with. The Patch viewer floating window is ok but having to double click patches and the ability to browse patches (like other Instruments) I hope will come in the next version.

My issue is with the Expansion packs, they seem to install into the sounds folder (OSX) in the plugin / Rapture folder where you can see the factory sounds and the 2 expansions folders. But you cannot see the expansion folders in the plugin windows own sound list? You need to go to Load/save to open an expansion folder and then you can only select one sound at a time having to go back through the same process each time.

This means to browse both packs would take for ever, I’m sure this cannot be the way? Can it I love the Synth but this patch access is a bummer

5 Replies Related Threads

scook
    Forum Host
    • Total Posts : 24146
    RE: Rapture Patch selection help 2006/11/08 08:04:07 (permalink)
    In Windows, I open the patch browser and click the F5 key to refresh the browser. Hopefully that also works on Macs.
    b rock
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 8717
    RE: Rapture Patch selection help 2006/11/08 08:16:16 (permalink)
    In addition, there's that "last eight patches" review, accessible from the dropdown arrow in the Program slot. I'm not sure of a Mac equivalent, but you can drag 'n' drop patches to Rapture from a WinXP Explorer window.
    Lickermat
    • Total Posts : 4
    RE: Rapture Patch selection help 2006/11/08 08:22:21 (permalink)
    Cheers Guys ! Ill try to see what I can do , Ive not moved the EXP folders from where they were installed. If they appear in the patch window in Win OS then It should be the same on OSX

Ill keep trying

tshear23
    • Total Posts : 24
    RE: Rapture Patch selection help 2006/11/11 17:51:42 (permalink)
    Lickermat - Any time you download new patches for Rapture, you need to refresh the patch list. In Mac OSX look in: MacintoshHD:Library:AudioPlug-ins:Rapture Content:Programs. Somewhere amidst all the patches and banks, you should see a file called 'programs.lst'. This is the file Rapture uses to create the patch menu from within the program. Delete it. When you relaunch Rapture, it will create that file over and include your newly installed patches in the menu within Rapture.

This is one of the things I would most like to see changed in the next Rapture update. It should really be automatic. I also wish patch selection was done from a drop-down menu (like the 'most recent patches' menu) and not the separate floating box. Being able to simply select a patch from a menu versus double-clicking every time you want to change a sound would be a lot more user-friendly I think.
    nedrob
    • Total Posts : 9
    RE: Rapture Patch selection help 2006/11/29 12:04:08 (permalink)
    How do I program patch changes for Rapture into Sonar? I spend a lot of time playing while the sequencer is recording and I would like Sonar 6 to be able to capture whenever I change the patch that Rapture is playing. Is there a way to make this happen?

Thanks,
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1