Rapture Pro - 3 issues so far using it in REAPER

Author
bmcclure
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 5
2016/01/13 23:00:44 (permalink)

Rapture Pro - 3 issues so far using it in REAPER

With both the VST2 and VST3 versions of Rapture Pro, I am experiencing the following issues, even with the latest release and after reinstalling Rapture Pro and all libraries. Perhaps someone else has run into these? If so, have you solved any of them? I am using Rapture Pro on a few of my tracks extensively, and these issues are causing major headaches for me.
  1. None of my changes seem to be saved between sessions. If I load a preset or tweak some knobs, then save and close the session, then reload the session, Rapture Pro indicates that the correct settings are in place, but it has the default sound as if the plugin were loaded fresh, and I have to deselect the preset I want and then select it again for Rapture Pro to sound right.
  2. Sometimes while Rapture Pro's UI is open, it stops being responsive at all, and in fact I can't click on anything in my entire DAW. If I try to close the window, it asks if I want to save my project, but I can't respond to the popup with the keyboard or mouse so I end up having to kill REAPER from the Task Manager. Rapture Pro is the only plugin that causes this for me.
  3. I can use MIDI Learn on the Macro Knobs, and moving the knob or fader on my MIDI controller shows the macro knob moving in sync, but the sound itself doesn't change at all. But if I grab the macro knob with my mouse and drag it around, the sound changes accordingly.
  4. I can't figure out a proper way to record automation for the macro knobs in REAPER. This might just be a failing on my part, but the macro knobs don't seem to show up at all in the FX parameter list of REAPER. Using the MIDI Learn function within Rapture Pro was the only way I could find to allow my hardware to control the macro knobs, as well, since I couldn't select them as options in REAPER.
Thanks!

--
Ben

3 Replies Related Threads

Gone!!
    Max Output Level: -75 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 797
    Re: Rapture Pro - 3 issues so far using it in REAPER 2016/01/14 01:26:13 (permalink)
    1. Seems to work fine here
    2. Seems to work fine here
    3. Seems to work fine here
    4. Seems to work fine here

Latest Reaper - 5.111
    Latest Rapture Pro
    Windows 10 Pro
    bmcclure
    Re: Rapture Pro - 3 issues so far using it in REAPER 2016/01/14 03:17:50 (permalink)
    For #1 specifically, this did work fine when I first installed and started using Rapture Pro, and it at some point stopped working.

I found today that when I open a session that had Rapture Pro tracks from before it stopped working, they are all "locked" to the sound they had at the time Rapture Pro stopped working. If I change the presets on those tracks and restart the session, they again sound like they did before Rapture Pro "broke" somehow. And likewise, any Rapture Pro tracks I've created since it stopped working properly always default back to the default preset sound regardless of the stored preset for that track.

It sort of feels like this is some sort of corruption of data in ProgramData or in the registry or something. And I am fairly certain that it happened when I tried to "Duplicate" a track in REAPER containing Rapture Pro. I duplicated it twice, so that there were 3 copies of the track total. And from that point forward, Rapture Pro has not properly restored a preset when I reload any session (not just that one).
    post edited by bmcclure - 2016/01/14 03:31:13
    bmcclure
    Re: Rapture Pro - 3 issues so far using it in REAPER 2016/01/14 03:19:51 (permalink)
    Also, can you explain your answer for #4? What parameter name to you attach to in REAPER to automate the Macro Knobs in Rapture Pro?

I am also on the latest REAPER 64-bit, latest Rapture Pro 64-bit, and latest Windows 10 64-bit.
    post edited by bmcclure - 2016/01/14 03:33:54
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1