Helpful ReplyRapture Pro - Hardgroove Steinberger

Author
Doktor Avalanche
Max Output Level: -32.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 4294
2015/06/06 22:02:16 (permalink)

Rapture Pro - Hardgroove Steinberger

Can anybody confirm under "Rapture Class user imported" bank the prescence of "Hardgroove Steirberger"?
Samples won't load, pointing to wrong folder obviously, my samples aren't on the default folders.... I get...

02:47:59 [ D:\Cakewalk Content\Rapture Pro\Programs\Rapture (legacy)\Hardgroove Steinberger\Steinberger 8-String.prog ] Loading Program
02:47:59 [ D:\Cakewalk Content\Rapture Pro\Programs\Rapture (legacy)\Hardgroove Steinberger\Steinberger 8-String.prog ] Loading Legacy Program. (Program format version 10015)
02:47:59 [ c:\program files\cakewalk\rapture\multisamples\hardgroove steinberger\steinberger.sfz ] Loading .sfz file
02:47:59 (!) [ c:\program files\cakewalk\rapture\multisamples\hardgroove steinberger\steinberger.sfz ] ERROR: unable to load
02:47:59 [ c:\program files\cakewalk\rapture\multisamples\hardgroove steinberger\steinberger.sfz ] Loading .sfz file
02:47:59 (!) [ c:\program files\cakewalk\rapture\multisamples\hardgroove steinberger\steinberger.sfz ] ERROR: unable to load

I assume those who keep the default folder paths work fine. If anybody is in my scenario and they can/can't get it to work please state whether your multisamples folder is in the default place or not.

Thanks..

Alex
post edited by Doktor Avalanche - 2015/06/07 11:33:53

Sonar Platinum(64 bit),Win 8.1(64 bit),Saffire Pro 40(Firewire),Mix Control = 3.6,Firewire=VIA,Dell Studio XPS 8100(Intel Core i7 CPU 2.93 Ghz/16 Gb),2 x 1TB SSD (Samsung EVO 850),GeForce GTX 460,Yamaha DGX-505 keyboard,Roland A-300PRO,Roland SPD-30 V2,FD-8,Triggera Krigg,Shure SM7B,Yamaha HS5. Rap Pro,Maschine Studio+Komplete 9 Ultimate+Kontrol Z1,Addictive Keys,Waves Silver,Izotope Nectar elements,Overloud Bundle,Geist,Acronis True Image 2015.
Jon Sasor [Cakewalk]
Cakewalk Staff
  • Total Posts : 284
Re: Rapture Pro - Hardgroove Steinberger 2015/06/07 18:25:11 (permalink)
If:

Doktor Avalanche
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cakewalk Music Software\Rapture Pro\2.0\Rap Multisamples Path
... is pointing to an empty folder on the C drive.

That's likely why this isn't working for you. Sounds like an existing Rapture 1 content path is not correct. (Might want to check both 32 and 64-bit). In any case, if you edit Rap Multisamples Path to where your Rapture 1 samples are actually installed to, those should work. In this case what you're seeing in the log file is where the sample was located when the program was originally created.
arachnaut
Max Output Level: -67 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1168
Re: Rapture Pro - Hardgroove Steinberger 2015/06/07 19:18:02 (permalink)
For Rapture I had:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cakewalk Music Software\rp]
"Contents Folder"="K:\\Cakewalk\\Rapture\\Content"

Which I believe I purposely changed and relocated after the initial install.

For Dimension Pro:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cakewalk Music Software\dp]
"Contents Folder"="K:\\Cakewalk\\Dimension Pro\\Content"
"Multisamples Folder"="K:\\Cakewalk\\Dimension Pro\\"

I believe I also set this manually.

That was some time ago, but I don't think I had much trouble with the relocation.

When I installed Rapture Pro, this is what I saw:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cakewalk Music Software\Rapture Pro\2.0]
"Rap Multisamples Path"="K:\\Cakewalk\\Rapture\\Content"
"Dim Multisamples Path"="K:\\Cakewalk\\Dimension Pro\\"
"VST2DLL Path"="G:\\VST-64\\Cakewalk\\Rapture Pro"
"VST3DLL Path"="C:\\Program Files\\Common Files\\VST3\\Rapture Pro"
"AppData Path"="C:\\Program Files\\Cakewalk\\Rapture Pro"

- Jim Hurley -
SONAR Platinum - x64  - Windows 10 Pro 
ASUS P8P67 PRO Rev 3.0;  Core i7-2600K@4.4GHz; 16 GB G.SKILL Ripjaws X;
GeForce GT 740; Saffire Pro14 MixControl 3.7; Axiom 61
64-Bit audio, SR: 48kHz, ASIO 256 samples latency, Rec/Play I/O Buffers 512k, Total Round Trip Latency 13 ms, Pow-r 3 dither 
Doktor Avalanche
Re: Rapture Pro - Hardgroove Steinberger 2015/06/07 19:35:49 (permalink)
Doktor Avalanche
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cakewalk Music Software\Rapture Pro\2.0\Rap Multisamples Path
... is pointing to an empty folder on the C drive.

Jon Sasor [Cakewalk]
That's likely why this isn't working for you. Sounds like an existing Rapture 1 content path is not correct. (Might want to check both 32 and 64-bit). In any case, if you edit Rap Multisamples Path to where your Rapture 1 samples are actually installed to, those should work. In this case what you're seeing in the log file is where the sample was located when the program was originally created.

So I corrected the registry key (see other thread) and restarted Rapture Pro, and it made no difference. I ended up copying manually from the original location to
D:\Cakewalk Content\Rapture Pro\Rapture Pro\Multisamples\Hardgroove Steinberger

And it worked.... However I'm not sure if it's really supposed to live in this folder?

So I don't think that registry key is working (after I corrected it and restarted Rapture) because it should have picked up the samples from the Rapture 1 folder without me having to copy it over to a Rapture Pro folder. Also note I've also started Rapture 1 to make sure that particular sample is still working and it is.

The other concern I have is having my samples across multiple folders. Have some been imported into Rapture Pro multisamples folder, while there are still references to the old Dimension Pro and Rapture multisamples folders? i.e. How can I easily tell which folders my samples are pointing to?

Also I wonder if there's a way to trigger a reimport for next time?

Thanks..
post edited by Doktor Avalanche - 2015/06/07 20:04:43

Sonar Platinum(64 bit),Win 8.1(64 bit),Saffire Pro 40(Firewire),Mix Control = 3.6,Firewire=VIA,Dell Studio XPS 8100(Intel Core i7 CPU 2.93 Ghz/16 Gb),2 x 1TB SSD (Samsung EVO 850),GeForce GTX 460,Yamaha DGX-505 keyboard,Roland A-300PRO,Roland SPD-30 V2,FD-8,Triggera Krigg,Shure SM7B,Yamaha HS5. Rap Pro,Maschine Studio+Komplete 9 Ultimate+Kontrol Z1,Addictive Keys,Waves Silver,Izotope Nectar elements,Overloud Bundle,Geist,Acronis True Image 2015.
Doktor Avalanche
Re: Rapture Pro - Hardgroove Steinberger 2015/06/07 19:43:48 (permalink)
arachnaut

Thanks arachnaut...
Hmm I don't understand why you got your registry key migrated successfully and I didn't.
I don't have \\ double slashes \\ in my path at all BTW, that's weird unless it's a pasting error.
post edited by Doktor Avalanche - 2015/06/07 20:01:18

arachnaut
Max Output Level: -67 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1168
Re: Rapture Pro - Hardgroove Steinberger 2015/06/07 20:46:47 (permalink)
Doktor Avalanche
arachnaut

Thanks arachnaut...
Hmm I don't understand why you got your registry key migrated successfully and I didn't.
I don't have \\ double slashes \\ in my path at all BTW, that's weird unless it's a pasting error.

No, I exported the registry keys and copied from the .REG file.

That's the 'merge' format for .REG.

- Jim Hurley -
SONAR Platinum - x64  - Windows 10 Pro 
ASUS P8P67 PRO Rev 3.0;  Core i7-2600K@4.4GHz; 16 GB G.SKILL Ripjaws X;
GeForce GT 740; Saffire Pro14 MixControl 3.7; Axiom 61
64-Bit audio, SR: 48kHz, ASIO 256 samples latency, Rec/Play I/O Buffers 512k, Total Round Trip Latency 13 ms, Pow-r 3 dither 
Jon Sasor [Cakewalk]
Cakewalk Staff
Re: Rapture Pro - Hardgroove Steinberger 2015/06/07 21:38:38 (permalink)
Alex, it seems like maybe you had a typo or something when you were trying to correct the reg key? On a 64-bit system with Rapture 1 multisamples installed to a separate drive (with the steinberger pack installed there), I ran the new Rapture Pro installer and it grabbed the existing Rapture 1 multisample path, and everything loaded as expected, pulling the existing Rapture 1 multisamples from the external path.

Every time Rapture Pro Update 1 installs it looks for those existing legacy paths. If your Dimension one migrated okay, double-check where you're Rapture 1 ones are pointing-

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cakewalk Music Software\rp\Contents Folder
and
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432node\Cakewalk Music Software\rp\Contents Folder

If the 32-bit one is off, it'd cause 64-bit Rapture 1 to work properly, but could throw the migration for Rapture Pro off.
Doktor Avalanche
Re: Rapture Pro - Hardgroove Steinberger 2015/06/07 22:17:00 (permalink)
I'm 64 bit everywhere...
OK here's what I have...

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cakewalk Music Software\dp\Multisamples Folder
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cakewalk Music Software\Rapture Pro\2.0\Dim Multisamples Path
Pointing to: D:\Cakewalk Content\Dimension Pro\

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cakewalk Music Software\rp\Multisamples Folder
Pointing to: D:\Cakewalk Content\Rapture\

>Alex, it seems like maybe you had a typo or something when you were trying to correct the reg key?

Correct! Here is the confusion - After I edited it I had it pointing to D:\Cakewalk Content\Rapture\Multisamples (big mistake!). Isn't the actual name of the key really confusing? As it's not actually pointing to the multisamples folder as it implies...! Now fully working much appreciated.

Just to underline I only made this mistake just recently and Rapture Pro still didn't migrate the setting correctly originally. But all is well now.

> Every time Rapture Pro Update 1 installs it looks for those existing legacy paths.
So is it advisable I reinstall Rapture Pro Update 1 now do you think?

Many thanks!

Doktor Avalanche
Re: Rapture Pro - Hardgroove Steinberger 2015/06/08 08:15:31 (permalink)
Just so others know about the registry thread:

http://forum.cakewalk.com/tm.aspx?m=3235502

Jon Sasor [Cakewalk]
Cakewalk Staff
Re: Rapture Pro - Hardgroove Steinberger 2015/06/08 09:36:29 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby Doktor Avalanche 2015/06/08 09:48:00
You don't need to reinstall anything at this point since it's up and running. You might still want to see if there's another place in the Registry where it may have migrated that empty folder from. If Rapture Pro finds no legacy versions, it simply defaults those keys to Rapture Pro's multisample folder. If it grabbed an empty folder this time, it's likely reinstalling this (or a future update) will migrate that same key again. You might want to try searching for any other "Contents Folder" keys. 
Doktor Avalanche
Re: Rapture Pro - Hardgroove Steinberger 2015/06/08 09:41:45 (permalink)
Thanks for your help here. I know you guys are having a tough time at the moment and it's good to see this sort of interaction in these forums. Thanks again.. I will check my registry again later.

Doktor Avalanche
Re: Rapture Pro - Hardgroove Steinberger 2015/06/08 12:43:57 (permalink)
Jon Sasor [Cakewalk]
 You might want to try searching for any other "Contents Folder" keys. 

OK I found...

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cakewalk Music Software\rp\Contents folder
Points to C:\Program Files\Cakewalk\Rapture

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cakewalk Music Software\dp\Contents folder
Points to C:\Program Files\Cakewalk\Dimension Pro

However these are not where my samples live.

What is the purpose of these hives (what is it expecting?) and where exactly should they point to?
Note Dim Pro and Rap 1 seems to work.

Many Thanks...
post edited by Doktor Avalanche - 2015/06/08 12:50:26

Jon Sasor [Cakewalk]
Cakewalk Staff
Re: Rapture Pro - Hardgroove Steinberger 2015/06/08 14:32:09 (permalink)
There's a slight variation with Rapture 1 and Dimension Pro here. Dimension Pro has a separate key for the multisample path (which I'm guessing is set correctly since the migration worked and you've been using DP successfully), but Rapture 1 does not. So Rapture Pro checks the overall contents folder for Rapture 1 and the multisample specific key for Dimension Pro. There's also further variations on these keys depending on which version of Rapture or Dimension Pro you would have installed originally on your system. 

Long story short, just make sure:

is pointing to where your Rapture 1 content is currently located, then both Rapture 1 and Rapture Pro will be able to find the multisamples properly. 

One quick further note, Rapture Pro allows you to re-set your Sample Data location each time you run the core installer, so for those not as adept at making registry edits, you can have the installer do it for you, then move the multisamples manually (Windows). On Mac OS re-running the installer will automatically move the multisamples for you.
dantarbill
Max Output Level: -57 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1820
Re: Rapture Pro - Hardgroove Steinberger 2015/06/08 15:36:59 (permalink)
I'm also fighting with registry entries pointing to multisample paths.  I've seen that there are Rapture registry keys in a number of places for new and legacy Rapture instances...
Rapture reg keys…
64 bit…
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cakewalk Music Software\Rapture
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cakewalk Music Software\rp
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cakewalk Music Software\rple
32 bit…
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Cakewalk Music Software\Rapture LE
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Cakewalk Music Software\rp
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Cakewalk Music Software\rple

Rapture Pro reg keys…
64 bit…
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cakewalk Music Software\Rapture Pro\2.0
32 bit…
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Cakewalk Music Software\Rapture Pro\2.0

I was trying to get all my sample content out on my F: drive...which worked for the legacy Dim Pro content under...
F:\Music\Plugins\AppSpecificData\Cakewalk\Dimension Pro
Old Rapture content seemed to also want to see a couple of other directories (something like LFO and tunings).  Since the disk footprint was relatively small (compared to Dim Pro) I was happy enough to leave the Rapture stuff pointing to a location on the C: drive...
C:\Music\Plugins\DXi\Cakewalk\Rapture

I thought everything was fat dumb and happy since Rapture Pro had separate multisample reg entries for Dim and Rap.  I went through Dim Pro, Rapture and Rapture Pro and verified that the patches seemed to work.

Then...

I tried installing the new Rapture Pro content.  Where do you think it installed the new multisamples?

I'll make it easy on you.  It didn't install in either the multisample dim or multsample rap paths.  It put them all in...
F:\Music\Plugins\AppSpecificData\Cakewalk\Dimension Pro\Rapture Pro\Multisamples
...which is pointed to by nothing in the registry...AND...none of the patches appear in Rapture Pro.

I'm pretty sure I can get this sorted out again in an evening, but I would have to say that the installers have some issues.

post edited by dantarbill - 2015/06/08 15:43:14

Dan Tarbill
Doktor Avalanche
Re: Rapture Pro - Hardgroove Steinberger 2015/06/08 16:10:36 (permalink)
Jon Sasor [Cakewalk]
Long story short, just make sure:

is pointing to where your Rapture 1 content is currently located, then both Rapture 1 and Rapture Pro will be able to find the multisamples properly. 

Thanks but I'm not 100% clear what the definition of "content" is exactly...

Should...

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cakewalk Music Software\rp\Contents folder
 be the same value as...
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cakewalk Music Software\rp\Multisamples Folder

and...

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cakewalk Music Software\dp\Contents
be the same value as...
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cakewalk Music Software\Rapture Pro\2.0\Dim Multisamples Path

?

Many Thanks :)

Jon Sasor [Cakewalk]
Cakewalk Staff
Re: Rapture Pro - Hardgroove Steinberger 2015/06/08 16:21:23 (permalink)
Contents Folder refers to a bunch of different components, but they're not quite exactly the same between Dimension and Rapture 1. Rapture 1 keys it's multisamples off Contents Folder. Dimension Pro does not. 

So ultimately what we should see is:

HKLM\Software\Cakewalk Music Software\Rapture Pro\2.0\Rap Multisamples Path 
=
HKLM\Software\Cakewalk Music Software\rp\Contents Folder

and

HKLM\Software\Cakewalk Music Software\Rapture Pro\2.0\Dim Multisamples Path
=
HKLM\Software\Cakewalk Music Software\dp\Multisamples Folder
Doktor Avalanche
Re: Rapture Pro - Hardgroove Steinberger 2015/06/08 17:22:38 (permalink)
Jon Sasor [Cakewalk]
Contents Folder refers to a bunch of different components, but they're not quite exactly the same between Dimension and Rapture 1. Rapture 1 keys it's multisamples off Contents Folder. Dimension Pro does not. 

So ultimately what we should see is:

HKLM\Software\Cakewalk Music Software\Rapture Pro\2.0\Rap Multisamples Path 
=
HKLM\Software\Cakewalk Music Software\rp\Contents Folder

and

HKLM\Software\Cakewalk Music Software\Rapture Pro\2.0\Dim Multisamples Path
=
HKLM\Software\Cakewalk Music Software\dp\Multisamples Folder

Right I think I'm clear now!!!!
That's what it's set up now. No real change in behaviour at my end but it's all good behaviour.
Many thanks...!!
post edited by Doktor Avalanche - 2015/06/08 17:28:41

Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1