Rapture Pro Pack contents listing

Author
Kamikaze
Max Output Level: -45 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3013
2015/05/04 02:15:46 (permalink)

Rapture Pro Pack contents listing

Does anyone know if this is a available. I would like to see the program contents of all the download folders in the Rapture Pro downloads it would help me see what packs I would like to download, and provide a check to make sure that they have installed correctly.

10 Replies Related Threads

Kamikaze
    Re: Rapture Pro Pack contents listing 2015/05/15 13:09:24 (permalink)
    Wow, World FX is not what I expected. Was expecting unusual percussion and instrments from around the world, and although the the is sitar which supports this idea, gunshots, cannon and thunder and a stck of synth percussion. Well that and massive umbrella 'World FX'
    Glad to not have installed that through CCC

ShellstaX
    Max Output Level: -80 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 502
    Re: Rapture Pro Pack contents listing 2015/05/15 15:37:21 (permalink)
    Is it just a list that's required or a dependency spreadsheet?
    Have authors dipped into other packs resources for elements?

I was somewhat surprised to the contents of e.g, Prepared Piano 1, including
    - Orchestral Percussion
    - PianetT
    - Sound FX - guns and cannons
    Full artistic licence I guess ... and why not(?)

One would hope, as is probably the case, that each pack would contain the contents to be able to stand on it's own.

I'd still like an 'order by pack' option in the Browser too.
    Kamikaze
    Re: Rapture Pro Pack contents listing 2015/05/16 07:20:43 (permalink)
    Downloaded a few packs yesterday manually from the website, and extracted to a location for looking at, rather than playing. I'm not going to knock everything, the PlanetT and ClavinetT seem promising, and having a dedicated Harp will be useful for smatterings. When going through the legacy I saw Harps, but I'd rather have a good quaility that a colections of ok ones. Some of the packs seem a mess and so far I've not liked any programs. The blessing with the multisample SFZ format is I can quickly make up something from the good foundations that are provided in some cases.

I hate wading through programs and prefer to have an idea in my head and aim for it, than find a near approximation, then strip away, removing effects and trying to figure out why something is acting in a unexpected undesirable way. Other's like the preset way and fair enough, we all have our mindsets and methodologies.

I think it's pretty poor that these packs have been assembled and the only info we are given to make a decision, is a file size, nothing more. Even the pack name is vague and contentious. 

ShellstaX
    Max Output Level: -80 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 502
    Re: Rapture Pro Pack contents listing 2015/05/16 08:06:48 (permalink)
    FWIW Kamikaze - You don't have to fully extract the files from the .exe installer. You can use 7zip to "Open Archive" and browse through.

You may recognize that the Pianet and Clavinet are high quality 96kHz sample rate ... thus the large size.

Kamikaze
    Re: Rapture Pro Pack contents listing 2015/05/16 08:16:59 (permalink)
    cool I'll give it a go.

Craigster91
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 42
    Re: Rapture Pro Pack contents listing 2015/12/27 17:09:53 (permalink)
    I too would love to see what the folder should look like. 
    Can anyone post?
    After installing all parts from the CCC for Rapture Pro (2.0.3) I get 3 folders:
    LFO Waveforms - 519 kb
    Multisamples - 5.368 GB
    Tunings - 1.16 MB

I was expecting 10 GB of Multisamples.
    I do show 10+ GB of downloaded installation files in ProgramData>Cakewalk>CommandCenter. 

Meanwhile, as I compare my prior DimPro library of multisamples with the new one after the Rapture Pro installation, many are duplicated, but maybe 30-40% are not included. I can't imagine why Rapture Pro would have a reduced set of waveforms. 

So, I don't trust my installation. (Although the synth "works".)
    Can Cakewalk or any user please post a complete screenshot of an explorer window of the Multisamples folder after installation? (vertical monitor preferably). Or at least the complete contents amount after installation?

(Cakewalk has not responded to my Support question on this matter - twice - over 2 weeks.)

Thanks!

p.a.wallis
    • Total Posts : 12
    Re: Rapture Pro Pack contents listing 2015/12/30 18:05:21 (permalink)
    Here is my install (everything from 1st install up to update 3)

post edited by p.a.wallis - 2015/12/30 18:19:27
    Craigster91
    • Total Posts : 42
    Re: Rapture Pro Pack contents listing 2015/12/30 21:55:10 (permalink)
    p.a.wallis -- 

Thank you so much!
    Ok, so my installation is the same as yours.

So, it's still a mystery to me how a 10+GB download (and currently still residing as 10.6 GB on C:>ProgramData>Cakewalk>CommandCenter) gets installed and cut by over 50%.

Also, when I compare my prior DimPro folder (plus expansion packs), many files/folders/samples aren't included. So, I'm not quite sure how to integrate them. Has anyone simply dragged multisamples from a prior DimPro installation into the new Rapture Pro multisample folder?

Craig

Paul P
    Max Output Level: -48.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2685
    Re: Rapture Pro Pack contents listing 2015/12/30 23:25:10 (permalink)
    ShellstaX
    Have authors dipped into other packs resources for elements?

I was somewhat surprised to the contents of e.g, Prepared Piano 1, including
    - Orchestral Percussion
    - PianetT
    - Sound FX - guns and cannons
    Full artistic licence I guess ... and why not(?)

One would hope, as is probably the case, that each pack would contain the contents to be able to stand on it's own.

I talked to Digital Sound Factory when I bought their Yamaha Grand Piano sound pack for Dimension Pro (Vol.1) and discovered programs like "Bass Clarinet & Clarinet.prog" and "Large Wind Section.prog", etc.  The included wav samples were only of piano notes.  They said the non-piano programs used the 'factory' instruments, which I take to mean instruments present in the default Dimension (pro) installation.

Sonar Platinum [2017.10], Win7U x64 sp1, Xeon E5-1620 3.6 GHz, Asus P9X79WS, 16 GB ECC, 128gb SSD, HD7950, Mackie Blackjack
    p.a.wallis
    • Total Posts : 12
    Re: Rapture Pro Pack contents listing 2015/12/31 07:17:26 (permalink)
    Craigster91
    p.a.wallis -- 

Thank you so much!
    Ok, so my installation is the same as yours.

So, it's still a mystery to me how a 10+GB download (and currently still residing as 10.6 GB on C:>ProgramData>Cakewalk>CommandCenter) gets installed and cut by over 50%.

Also, when I compare my prior DimPro folder (plus expansion packs), many files/folders/samples aren't included. So, I'm not quite sure how to integrate them. Has anyone simply dragged multisamples from a prior DimPro installation into the new Rapture Pro multisample folder?

Craig

Could I ask since update 3 have your original Rapture Pro Expansions disappeared from CCC and download?

All the Legacy Packs, Gibson, Analog,Orchestral, Pianos, organs,World FX , Concert Grand Harp, PianeT and Clavinet all still show in my CCC but will not download and do not appear in the On-line Content.

The "New" D-Pro, Rapture Classic Atmospheric Guitar and bass, keys, orchestral, percussion, Sound FX Synths and World Instruments have all appeared since Update 3 (and have installed) but I have no idea how they relate to the original packs. I was under the impression these were new additions from the old Dimension pro packs as they installed into the new D-Pro folder in Rapture Pro but TBH I aint got a clue its really confusing   
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1