Rapture Pro: Which instruments are used by the various programs?

Author
AllanH
Max Output Level: -82 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 406
2015/07/12 13:41:29 (permalink)

Rapture Pro: Which instruments are used by the various programs?

Is there a list of which instruments (.sfz) that are used by the various programs (.prog) included with RapturePro?

For instance: I found a "German Grand Piano" nicely sampled and a corresponding .sfz. However I cannot find any programs actually using it. I realize it's easy to make my own program and use the sfz, which is what I did. However,

Q: is there a list of all programs in RapPro, and which instruments they each are using?

If not, is there a tool that can help extract the relevant info. The .prog files are binary and not easily parsed.
post edited by AllanH - 2015/07/12 13:57:01

5 Replies Related Threads

arachnaut
    Max Output Level: -67 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1168
    Re: Rapture Pro: Which instruments are used by the various programs? 2015/07/12 14:02:38 (permalink)
    I don't think this is possible for ordinary users. The PROG file format is proprietary. I tried various decompressors on them and they won't decompress. When Rapture Pro loads I looked over the Windows modules that load with it and there are several encryption libraries loaded, so I suspect they are encrypted.

- Jim Hurley -
    SONAR Platinum - x64  - Windows 10 Pro 
    ASUS P8P67 PRO Rev 3.0;  Core i7-2600K@4.4GHz; 16 GB G.SKILL Ripjaws X;
    GeForce GT 740; Saffire Pro14 MixControl 3.7; Axiom 61
    64-Bit audio, SR: 48kHz, ASIO 256 samples latency, Rec/Play I/O Buffers 512k, Total Round Trip Latency 13 ms, Pow-r 3 dither 
    chad
    Max Output Level: -81 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 468
    Re: Rapture Pro: Which instruments are used by the various programs? 2015/07/13 15:02:56 (permalink)
    The loaded samples, wavetables, and .sfz multisamples are listed in Rapture Pro's log file sequentially for each element.  So if you loaded all of the programs you could view what is loaded throughout the entire factory.

promidi
    Max Output Level: -66 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1220
    Re: Rapture Pro: Which instruments are used by the various programs? 2015/07/13 18:04:32 (permalink)
    If you're handy with a hex editor then opening up a Rapture Pro "Prog" program will show you which samples are actually used.  Most of the data in the file is what appeared to be random hex values, but the actual names and paths of the samples (whether they are WAV or SFZ) are in plain text.

If any of you are able to program in VB or c++, it should not be too difficult to write a routine to extract just the names embedded in a given "Prog" file. Mind you, doing so might technically be against Cakewalk T & C.
    Jon Sasor [Cakewalk]
    Cakewalk Staff
    • Total Posts : 284
    Re: Rapture Pro: Which instruments are used by the various programs? 2015/07/14 09:53:40 (permalink)
    Chad's method is likely your best bet. Now that you can MIDI learn the next/previous program functions, it's a fairly simple process to throw in a couple CC messages, then just let SONAR/any other host loop for a while to page through everything. Just remember that you need to have logging turned on first (and that the logs are now located in Cakewalk Content\Rapture Pro\Logs). Then you can open the log and search for any particular sample to find what programs use them. 
    AllanH
    Max Output Level: -82 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 406
    Re: Rapture Pro: Which instruments are used by the various programs? 2015/07/15 08:43:13 (permalink)
    Thank you all for the recommendations and ideas. I will try the logging along with midi-automation. I have also been collecting information regarding the sample quality and age, so I'm looking forward to getting a handle on this.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1