Rapture Pro is lacks of modulation capabilities

Author
veenee
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 45
2016/06/18 17:56:31 (permalink)

Rapture Pro is lacks of modulation capabilities

First of all, sorry for my english! I know it's terrible. Now I will continue to complain about the Rapture Pro.

I understand that Rapture Pro by it's nature is more like advanced sampler than the classic subtractive (or other type of) synthesizer. Ok, it is a sample-based synthesizer. My complaint is that it really lacks modulation capabilities. What i mean:
you can modulate the basic things like amplitude, pan and pitch, filters cutoff and resonance frequencies from envelopes and LFOs, but what about DSP? No DSP parameters is possible to modulate at all (ok, i probably can use automation to achieve this, but again what about internal sources like EG and LFO). Modulation for detune parameter can bring some new opportunities into FX sounds creation process. Effects parameters modulation would be simply a gift. It brings the Rapture closer to Z3TA (taking part of it's market), but IMHO it's worth it.
Clarify once again, if it was not clear from the very beginning, I'm talking about the built-in modulation sources. LFOs and Envelopes.

Or did i something misunderstood in the concept of this synthesizer?
BTW, i still like it. I just think it could be a real BEAST. But it requires some changes.

2 Replies Related Threads

AT
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 10654
    Re: Rapture Pro is lacks of modulation capabilities 2016/06/19 13:05:22 (permalink)
    You can, of course, modulate the filter DSP.

I like the idea of modulating detune possibilities

I imagine most of the dsp functions were "baked" into the voice structure when Dimension was first developed 10 years ago and were never meant for real time control.  I like that idea, too, but it is probably as easy now to add your favorite virtual effects to a Rapt. program and use that.

https://soundcloud.com/a-pleasure-dome
    http://www.bnoir-film.com/  

there came forth little children out of the city, and mocked him, and said unto him, Go up, thou bald head; go up, thou bald head.
    24 And he turned back, and looked on them, and cursed them in the name of the Lord. And there came forth two she bears out of the wood, and tare forty and two children of them.
    veenee
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 45
    Re: Rapture Pro is lacks of modulation capabilities 2016/06/25 03:32:38 (permalink)
    Hmm, i mean parameters in DSP1, DSP2, etc. I know i can modulate the filter's frequency and cutoff. In the "mixer->mod matrix" section i can modulate even DSP parameters as the destination (and many others), but the source of this modulation can only be random or external (macro knobs, x/y pad, mod wheel, pitch bend, etc).
    So actually my suggestion is to add some "free floating" LFO's and EG (probably 1 or 2 would be enough), which we can use as the modulation source in the mod matrix. Detune as the modulation destination is already there, there are many (if not all) parameters, but you only can modulate it by hands or using automation - it does not allow you to save this changes as a preset.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1