AnsweredRapture Pro sfz instrument loading bug

Author
jonat8han
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 5
2015/04/28 18:48:14 (permalink)

Rapture Pro sfz instrument loading bug

Apologies for posting this here - I've tried submitting a bug report several times, but keep getting the delightful "the internet is broken" error message on the very last step. Maybe someone will see this here!

I'm on a Mac, OS 10.9.5, Logic 10.0.7

I just bought Rapture Pro, mostly to provide myself with a new front end and engine for loading my custom sfz instruments. I store my instruments in a parent folder, and their associated samples in sub-folders of a main folder, mostly for tidiness. Unfortunately, I've discovered that Rapture Pro won't load any of the samples defined in my sfz instruments if they're not in the same folder with the instrument. This is true of instruments with the whole filepath written in the "sample=" opcode, and also of instruments with a subfolder defined in the "default_path=" opcode. Looking at the log file, it seems like when Rapture sees a folder, it strips everything out of the filename after the backslash. All these files load just fine in sfzorzando.

For example, if I've defined the sample location in sfz as:
<region> sample=VL-FrozenWineglassPad-1/VL-FrozenWineGlass1-36.wav pitch_keycenter=36 hikey=37

I get the following error in the Rapture Pro log:
15:24:56 [ /volumes/js-sounds/samples/sampler library/sfz/theveil-sfz/pads/vl-frozenwineglasspad-03-simpletest2.sfz ] loading /volumes/js-sounds/samples/sampler library/sfz/theveil-sfz/pads/vl-frozenwineglasspad-1
15:24:56 [ /volumes/js-sounds/samples/sampler library/sfz/theveil-sfz/pads/vl-frozenwineglasspad-03-simpletest2.sfz ] load failed, trying sample pool path: /Users/Shared/Cakewalk Content/Rapture Pro/Sample Pool/vl-frozenwineglasspad-1
15:24:56 [ /volumes/js-sounds/samples/sampler library/sfz/theveil-sfz/pads/vl-frozenwineglasspad-03-simpletest2.sfz ] load failed, trying SFZ path: /volumes/js-sounds/samples/sampler library/sfz/theveil-sfz/pads/vl-frozenwineglasspad-1
15:24:56 [ /volumes/js-sounds/samples/sampler library/sfz/theveil-sfz/pads/vl-frozenwineglasspad-03-simpletest2.sfz ] trying flac: .flac
15:24:56 (!) [ /volumes/js-sounds/samples/sampler library/sfz/theveil-sfz/pads/vl-frozenwineglasspad-03-simpletest2.sfz ] ERROR: unable to load

But if I define the sample location as follows:
<region> sample=VL-FrozenWineGlass1-36.wav pitch_keycenter=36 hikey=37
and keep the sfz file and samples in the same folder, it loads just as expected:
15:26:36 [ /volumes/js-sounds/samples/sampler library/sfz/theveil-sfz/pads/vl-frozenwineglasspad-1/vl-frozenwineglasspad-04-simpletest3.sfz ] loading /volumes/js-sounds/samples/sampler library/sfz/theveil-sfz/pads/vl-frozenwineglasspad-1/vl-frozenwineglass1-36.wav
and displays the whole filename in the log ... can anyone else verify this? Or is it just me? Seems like a super cool synth/workstation - if this can get sorted out I'm sure I'll have a lot of fun with it!

thanks
Doktor Avalanche
Max Output Level: -32.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 4294
Re: Rapture Pro sfz instrument loading bug 2015/04/28 23:33:09 (permalink)
Where's the rapture Pro log/how do you enable it ? Thanks...
jonat8han
Re: Rapture Pro sfz instrument loading bug 2015/04/29 01:55:54 (permalink)
Page 14 in the manual:

Samples
If a sample defined inside an .sfz definition file is missing, Rapture Pro will try to load it from the original location on Program/Song reload.
If that wave file isn’t in the original location, Rapture Pro will try to find it in the \Sample Pool folder. This simplifies exchanging sample files between users.
Rapture Pro creates a log file that lists every sample/.sfz it can’t find after above attempts fail. The log file is located in the following locations:
Windows: \Cakewalk Content\Logs
OS X: \User\Documents\Cakewalk\Logs
jonat8han
Re: Rapture Pro sfz instrument loading bug 2015/04/29 16:17:23 (permalink)
FWIW I've tried submitting this as a bug report several times and always get the "The Internet is Broken" error message on the final step. I've tried in Chrome and Safari - is the bug reporting working for anyone?
Doktor Avalanche
Max Output Level: -32.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 4294
Re: Rapture Pro sfz instrument loading bug 2015/04/29 16:39:19 (permalink)
It's probably not liking the XML or some characters it's hating like ''''' or ~~~~.
Write the detail here and give them a link to this page perhaps.
jonat8han
Re: Rapture Pro sfz instrument loading bug 2015/04/29 17:52:39 (permalink)
I managed to submit a "technical support" ticket as opposed to a "problem report" - hopefully that reaches some eyes. This is a pretty essential fix for me to use Rapture Pro!

It's great, though - I'm enjoying it as a synth on its own.

jonat8han
Re: Rapture Pro sfz instrument loading bug 2015/05/06 10:34:07 (permalink) ☼ Best Answerby Dan Gonzalez [Cakewalk] 2015/05/06 10:46:26
Just in case anyone else is having this problem, I've been communicating with Cakewalk about it. Seems like RapPro doesn't support the forward-slash character "/" in filepaths. It only recognizes back-slashes "\"

I'm hoping Cakewalk implements forward-slash support in an update, since that's the standard here on Mac, and every other sfz player I've encountered can parse both the forward & back-slashes.

I know you were all losing sleep waiting for an update to this very esoteric problem :-)
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1