Rapture Prog.

Author
lawapa
Max Output Level: -68 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1144
2006/03/25 21:05:22 (permalink)

Rapture Prog.

Well, I had to do it, I took a wave file, guttural growl thing, extracted 5 single cycle wavetable type thingies in SoundForge then Prog-ed it up In Rapture. I only used 4 of the SC's but It started sound kinda choir like in a synthie sorta way. So I'd hand this out if your interested. 11.2 kbs total. No biggie to email. The prog and 4 wave tables in a folder. The files are numbered 1-4 so when Rapture prompts ya it can't find em you load em in G1-E1, G2-E2-G3-E3, and so on.

This exercise was a what can I do in Rapture and how far can I take it. It's not pro like but it does have a vocal sound to it. And it's free ;)+)

5 Replies Related Threads

Paradroid
    Max Output Level: -81 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 454
    RE: Rapture Prog. 2006/03/26 00:17:57 (permalink)
    11.2 kbs total

Wavetables are good like that, hey?

Larry, if you ever want any of your custom sfz/Dim/Rap patches hosted, just email 'em to me and I'll stick 'em up for ya.

Same goes anyone else who's rolling their own sfzs and feels like sharing…
    MurderDethKill
    Max Output Level: -56 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1904
    RE: Rapture Prog. 2006/03/26 00:40:18 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: Paradroid

11.2 kbs total

Wavetables are good like that, hey?

Larry, if you ever want any of your custom sfz/Dim/Rap patches hosted, just email 'em to me and I'll stick 'em up for ya.

Same goes anyone else who's rolling their own sfzs and feels like sharing…

Dale, it would be really Kewl (when/if you start doing this) if you would create links on the Project 5 wiki to any sfz/Dim/Rap patches that you host (or create) on your web site!

BTW, MDK became a proud Rapture owner, snagging the only copy that GC (in Houston I-45 N) had in stock - Still loaded back in receiving <g>!!! Sometimes it pays to be a former UPS Driver...Ya learn how to ask the right questions....and when you have friends like B-rock who know the system....uh, let's just say, I did quite well in my negotiations with my friends at GC....I'm now...enRaptured!!!! Thanks B-Rock...and Thanks René!!!

My site i guess;)
    Monstruousubergeekyhardcorefunkytrancepolkaoptimism Lives!!!
    lawapa
    RE: Rapture Prog. 2006/03/26 13:16:07 (permalink)
    Sent it on to you. A tad unsure if it will make the trip, No listed email addy but you@you/know/who-geek.com. Also emailed MDK for a reply if he wants the prog. Man this moster has so many great features for getting the job done while programing. And those table files are small ;)+)

One thing that woud stand out is an export to SFZ. Ya load up Rapture with wavetables do all the tweaking and then hit export. I do have awave and This is my next project. I'm just gonna set all 4 wavetables for a full map and export to SFZ and see what happens. Then snag some more files which I've already done and do some more. If it works I'll pass them on.
    b rock
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 8717
    RE: Rapture Prog. 2006/03/27 19:51:22 (permalink)
    If you wouldn't mind, Larry, I'll snag that .prog as well. PSYNtologist ATT cs DOTT com. I'll see if I can't get you an in-kind gesture in return. I'm going to try to get something set up for Rapture at the Project5 Wiki as a patch/.sfz repository. First, I've got to finish up & organize these UD-LFOs that I've been working on (before I was so rudely interrupted by a paying gig ).
    MDK became a proud Rapture owner
    Super cool, MDK. Who's the "Rapture-boy" now? Excellent news on the negotiation process. I wasn't kidding about Rapture, now, was I?

Let me know what you think. There's so many different ways to go regarding tutorials. I promised Rick McNab something on LFOs: A-Z, and the StepGens are a must. I might've scared everyone away with that Scala thing. Still got the effects, filters, oscillators ... (polyphony of zero + multi-oscillators = note-triggered panning); LOTS of stuff. Help me to narrow down the next direction.
    lawapa
    RE: Rapture Prog. 2006/03/27 21:31:46 (permalink)
    It's on it's way Mr. B.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1