Rapture & Dimension Pro Update - it's time...

Author
digitalboy
Max Output Level: -87 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 173
2012/05/03 07:08:54 (permalink)

Rapture & Dimension Pro Update - it's time...

OK..So Z3TA+2 works a treat and there were some wonderful improvements implemented in that update...

So surely it's time for a Rapture and Dimension Pro update ?

Maybe the mechanics at Cakewalk can entertain the idea of giving both of these synths  a bit of a makeover ?

I find Z3TA+2 much easier to drive than the original and there are some cool dooh dahs that were added...

Rapture is one of my daily drivers and I love her to bits - but the DSP and FX sections could do with some work and the size of the GUI should be increased too...

Same deal with Dimension Pro..

The don't need much,but they could both use a bit of a "lift" 
post edited by digitalboy - 2012/05/03 22:51:04

Sorry - I don't use Autotune :)

3 Replies Related Threads

xabiton
    Max Output Level: -77 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 696
    Re:Rapture & Dimension Pro Update - it's time... 2012/05/06 11:55:25 (permalink)
    I say if it ain't broke don't fix it. I like that Rapture and Dim Pro work as advertised. I would rather them take that they took those resources and focused them on making Sonar X1 perfect. 

Kevwestbeats.com
    Sonar X1 Studio, Native Instruments Maschine MK2, Akai Miniak, Behringer BCF 2000, Ableton Live 8 and Reason 6 user with a load of plug ins
    Core i7 Laptop 2.2ghz with 8 gigs of ram.     
    AT
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 10654
    Re:Rapture & Dimension Pro Update - it's time... 2012/05/06 12:09:34 (permalink)
    I think Cake needs to do some uber SFZ matrix, where you can insert DimPro/Rapture/Z3ta using the same sample pool and add a beatscape enviroment.  I'm not sure how it would work, but something that would take care of SFZ files and loops.

A P5 kind of tool for SONAR or other daws but no audio recording.

@

https://soundcloud.com/a-pleasure-dome
    http://www.bnoir-film.com/  

there came forth little children out of the city, and mocked him, and said unto him, Go up, thou bald head; go up, thou bald head.
    24 And he turned back, and looked on them, and cursed them in the name of the Lord. And there came forth two she bears out of the wood, and tare forty and two children of them.
    lawajava
    Max Output Level: -55 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2040
    Re:Rapture & Dimension Pro Update - it's time... 2012/06/02 02:13:42 (permalink)
    I'd like to see all of them - Dimension Pro, Rapture, and Z3TA simply get an add to the UI that allows a user to put in database like categorization and notes that are searchable for the patches. That would be a big efficiency help to remember what stuff you want to bring up for various situations. I'm doing that with other means presently but it would be nice to have that as a built in capability.

Two internal 2TB SSDs laptop stuffed with Larry's deals and awesome tools. Studio One is the cat's meow as a DAW now that I've migrated off of Sonar. Using BandLab Cakewalk just to grab old files when migrating songs.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1