Rapture and DPro installing with custom VST folder

Author
hevanw
Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 80
2015/12/04 13:51:39 (permalink)

Rapture and DPro installing with custom VST folder

I just upgraded to Platinum and thus to the new Control Center. I have a small issue with the installations of Rapture and Dimension Pro. For some reason, when I install them from CCC, the VSTs are installing in C:\Program Files\Cakewalk\Vstplugins instead of my custom VST folder as defined in CCC.
I can work around this by manually running these installers from the CCC Download folder. Upon experimenting with that a bit, I actually noticed that these installers also don't remember me chosing a custom folder, so next time I run the same installer (for experimentation sake) the installer again proposes the Cakewalk\Vstplugins folder. So the issue may be with the Rapture and DPro installers rather than with CCC.

Is this a known issue for which there is a workaround ? It's no biggie, but I just want to avoid that whenever there would be new updates for either of those VSTs, that they again get installed in the Cakewalk folder and me having forgotten about this issue.

1 Reply Related Threads

hevanw
    Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 80
    Re: Rapture and DPro installing with custom VST folder 2015/12/04 15:38:20 (permalink)
    Turns out that reinstalling DPro that way is not working. If my DPro is installed with my own VST folder, DPro is asking me to activate it after I run the microhost (haven't tried yet from within Sonar but expect the same thing there). The weird thing is: Serial is prefilled with my old X1 serial for DPro. When I then enter the corresponding Registration Code, activation is failing.
    When I reinstall DPro via Command Center, it's working fine without asking for activation, but then it's again using ...\Cakewalk\Vstplugins as its folder.
    post edited by henk.vanwulpen - 2015/12/04 15:50:06
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1