Rapture and sequences out of "tune"

Author
moncas
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 19
2008/08/19 12:48:47 (permalink)

Rapture and sequences out of "tune"

Hi all,

I have a question 'but a problem that've made me furious for a pretty long time, now :)

In Rapture, there's these pre-programmed "appregiators" (is that what u call'em?) that are pre prgrammed in a certain "scale"... Like, if you hold the note, it'll "bounce" in a certain way, "hitting" several notes.. Sorry for the lousy explanation.. trying my best here, hoping u get it!

So... if I want one of these held in back of my C-minor chord - it should sound ok.
BUT the "bouncing chord/sequence" hit's "too many" different notes, and some of them aren't really in tune with a normal C-minor.. do you get what I'm saying here? Hehe..

So my Q: Is there somewhere to tell rapture which notes I want the appregiator to hit... or to avoid?

I really found the perfect sequence for my song, but it's so annoying with the few notes in the sequence that's completely "out of tune"...

I'd be so thankful for any helpfull answer!!

-m-

3 Replies Related Threads

AT
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 10654
    RE: Rapture and sequences out of "tune" 2008/08/19 13:33:40 (permalink)
    Moncas,

tho you don't give specific examples, I imagine you are talking about the step-sequencer. If you are using the Rapture (not LE) you can re-step the step sequencer to whatever notes you want. Element>pitch tab> The step-sequencer is at the bottom. Grab and mouse each "step" to whatever pitch you want (paying attention to the depth setting, of course, to set the maximum). If you want another element to follow the pitch changes, simply copy the sequencer info and insert it into the said element.

Hope this helps.

@

https://soundcloud.com/a-pleasure-dome
    http://www.bnoir-film.com/  

there came forth little children out of the city, and mocked him, and said unto him, Go up, thou bald head; go up, thou bald head.
    24 And he turned back, and looked on them, and cursed them in the name of the Lord. And there came forth two she bears out of the wood, and tare forty and two children of them.
    kwgm
    Max Output Level: -52.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2271
    RE: Rapture and sequences out of "tune" 2008/08/19 13:34:30 (permalink)
    I don't believe you mention which Program's behavior troubles you, however, they all work similarly.

In Rapture (Pro), you see an area of Modifiers for various aspects of an element's sound -- Pitch, Filter cutoff, Pan, etc.

The Programs that sound as if they use an arpeggiator actually use the Pitch Step Sequencer for individual elements, or the Master Sequencer on the Global page (more likely the former).

The trick here is to setup the steps to use increments of 12 or 24, which then correspond to the notes of the chromatic scale in 1 or 2 octaves. You can adjust the steps to whatever chord you desire.

Realize there is also an LFO that can control pitch, and often this is used to create different tones in a Program. Also, the envelop can be setup to also generate specific pitches, by setting the Depth parameter to a multiple of 1200, which corresponds to Cents.

All this is of course, documented in the manual and online help.

For more info on programming Rapture, consult the Sonar Wiki.

--kwgm
    Crg
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 7719
    RE: Rapture and sequences out of "tune" 2008/08/24 21:36:02 (permalink)
    You should also check to see if the Rapture preset program you are using has a Detune increment active in any of the six ocs's. being used. Any number in that column other than 0 means you aren't getting the original note out of it. Change them all to Zero in the detune column.

Craig DuBuc
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1