Rapture: can't reshape cut1 envelope segments

Author
mcdonalk
Max Output Level: -80 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 547
2010/07/04 20:46:11 (permalink)

Rapture: can't reshape cut1 envelope segments

On some of my Rapture programs, I can't reshape cut1 envelope segments. When I attempt to drag the segment with the mouse to change its shape, the segment stays stationary, and a red shaded block the length of the segment is created instead, which seems to have no audible effect on the envelope.

Other envelopes (e.g. cut2) in the same program do not exhibit this behavior when I attempt to reshape the segment, and I am able to change their shape as described in the manual. Also, in other programs that I have created, the cut1 envelope segments can be reshaped just fine.

What am I doing wrong?

thanks

Keith

2 Replies Related Threads

username5000
    Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 62
    Re:Rapture: can't reshape cut1 envelope segments 2010/07/05 02:51:17 (permalink)
    I forget which one but try clicking in the graph then hitting either ctrl k or ctrl s and then try to drag. One of those activates a red shading and the other activates a blue shading.  Hitting it again should deactivate it.

Sonar 8.5.3 PE
    P5v2.5.1
    PCR-800
    Pair of Roland DS-7's
    couple cheap mic's
    Ibanez ART300
    Takamine G-Series 12 string
    Peavey Predator
    Toneport UX8
    Digitech GSP1101 w/ Control 2 remote
    Digitech RPX400
    2 Crate GT-80 Tube/Mosfet
    chad
    Max Output Level: -81 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 468
    Re:Rapture: can't reshape cut1 envelope segments 2010/07/05 10:26:11 (permalink)
    mcdonalk

On some of my Rapture programs, I can't reshape cut1 envelope segments. When I attempt to drag the segment with the mouse to change its shape, the segment stays stationary, and a red shaded block the length of the segment is created instead, which seems to have no audible effect on the envelope.

Other envelopes (e.g. cut2) in the same program do not exhibit this behavior when I attempt to reshape the segment, and I am able to change their shape as described in the manual. Also, in other programs that I have created, the cut1 envelope segments can be reshaped just fine.

What am I doing wrong?

thanks

Keith

That EG has the velocity segment tracking enabled.  Press 'V' to go back to regular EG editing. 

The velocity tracking allows the movement of that segment to speed up or slow down based on velocity input (displays as a red bar up/down), so that's why you may not have 'heard' an audible difference.  Try moving the segments into extremes till you get the hang of Velocity tracking editing. It's a pretty cool feature once you have the modulation moving in a desired way.

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1