Rapture: element 6 loss of volume

Author
mcdonalk
Max Output Level: -80 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 547
2010/07/10 20:25:24 (permalink)

Rapture: element 6 loss of volume

Often, when I load a Rapture program that uses element 6, element 6 volume is greatly attenuated (almost inaudible), although all of the controls are correct. To get around this problem, I copy and paste element 6 to itself, and then it level is as I originally assigned it.

Any idea what is going on here?

(XP, Sonar 8.5 host)

3 Replies Related Threads

dmbaer
    Max Output Level: -49.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2585
    Re:Rapture: element 6 loss of volume 2010/07/12 12:17:44 (permalink)
    mcdonalk

Often, when I load a Rapture program that uses element 6, element 6 volume is greatly attenuated (almost inaudible), although all of the controls are correct. To get around this problem, I copy and paste element 6 to itself, and then it level is as I originally assigned it.

(XP, Sonar 8.5 host)

If copying and pasting the element to itself changes *anything*, then it's almost certainly a bug in Rapture.  I've never noticed this, nor have I seen it reported here before.  But then, a great many programs do not use all six elements, so if the bug only effects element six, it'd be less common.

I suggest you submit a bug report, especially if the problem condition can be reproduced at will.
    chad
    Max Output Level: -81 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 468
    Re:Rapture: element 6 loss of volume 2010/07/12 12:39:01 (permalink)
    mcdonalk

(XP, Sonar 8.5 host)

Are you running Rapture 1.2.1?

Can you list a factory program that does this for you?  I tried creating a few programs here that utilized element 6, unloaded, reloaded, but couldn't reproduce.  Sometimes programs that use all 6 elements utilize the chain to next element feature, so if the previous elements are being chained to element 6 just for EQ and FX, the actual element volume may have been reduced on purpose.

Other things to look out for:

-  Volume programming within Rapture's modulation matrix
    -  A stray MIDI CC being sent by SONAR to Rapture to reduce volume?  (check event list in SONAR)

mcdonalk
    Max Output Level: -80 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 547
    Re:Rapture: element 6 loss of volume 2010/07/17 21:51:19 (permalink)
    Chad:

You put me on the path to finding the solution. The modulation matrix was configured for the X/Y pad to modulate elements 5 & 6 volume. I used this feature on other programs, which propagated throughout some of my programs even though I no longer used this feature in subsequent programs, as I modified and saved programs under new names. I disabled this modulation, and the volume for element 6 now operates as expected.

thanks

Keith
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1