Helpful ReplyRapture installation not recognized by Second Coming expansion pack

Author
ricoskyl
Max Output Level: -84 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 327
2016/11/09 13:03:43 (permalink)

Rapture installation not recognized by Second Coming expansion pack

Trying to install my new expansion pack from Galbanum, Second Coming, but the installation doesn't recognize a Rapture installation and asks me to reinstall the plug-in.  I have Rapture, Rapture Session (not installed) and Rapture Pro (latest).

I've avoided installing RS because it seems redundant, but I did try reinstalling Rapture.  I also tried installing from the /Program Files/ location as recommended in another thread, and I installed using the Admin Priv in case the installer was having trouble creating new file locations.  No dice.  I've sent a request to Galbanum the developer and operator of the site where I purchased this, but I've such great advice from the Sonar community, I thought I'd put it out here.

BTW, running Win10 (latest), Sonar Plat (latest), i7 quad-core with 12gb ram.  Any thoughts?

If you want to make enemies, try to change something. -Woodrow T. Wilson
Turbulence is a life force. It is opportunity. Let’s love turbulence and use it for change. -Ramsay Clark
----------------------
Sonar Platinum Win 10 x64 on HP Pavilion i7 5500 12Gb RAM, Tascam US-16x08, NVidia 840 8Gb vram, Multi-Screen, Multi-Touch
scook
Forum Host
  • Total Posts : 24146
Re: Rapture installation not recognized by Second Coming expansion pack 2016/11/09 13:18:10 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby ricoskyl 2016/11/10 07:32:12
Are you using the Command Center? If not, you may need to see if there is a way to get the new installer in your Cakewalk account. Both Piscis and Second Coming have new installers which work in the Command Center. I have not tried using the installers from Galbanum for these packs, in some time. The new installers default to installing the expansion packs into RPro and my need to be installed by hand for Rapture. Rapture Session is not necessary because you have RPro installed. It will not help in this case any way.

Edit: I guess you are not using the Command Center since the installers are from the manufacturer. You should try to get the new installers from Cakewalk.
ricoskyl
Re: Rapture installation not recognized by Second Coming expansion pack 2016/11/09 14:20:33 (permalink)
I tried copying the various files to the appropriate folders (I'm pretty sure I located them properly) but when I tried to run the performances, I got file errors saying the elements couldn't be found at a directory location that has never existed on my system ( \library\audio\plug-ins\rapture content\galbanum architecture\architecture waveforms se m\am - complex nonsine\am complex ns 002.wav) with no drive designation.

I could envision going into each program and editing the locations. but I think I wouldn't live long enough to finish that task.  

Turbulence is a life force. It is opportunity. Let’s love turbulence and use it for change. -Ramsay Clark
----------------------
Sonar Platinum Win 10 x64 on HP Pavilion i7 5500 12Gb RAM, Tascam US-16x08, NVidia 840 8Gb vram, Multi-Screen, Multi-Touch
scook
Forum Host
  • Total Posts : 24146
Re: Rapture installation not recognized by Second Coming expansion pack 2016/11/09 14:38:15 (permalink)
It would probably take one or two directory junctions to fix up the install but it should not be necessary. The Galbanum expansion packs ship with a subset or their Architecture Waveforms. The error you are seeing is an unusual path. The default for the Architecture Waveforms in RPRo is
C:\Cakewalk Content\Cakewalk Sample Data\Rapture Pro\Multisamples\Galbanum Architecture
I cannot tell from the error if the problem is the result of a problem in the paths used in the sfz files or the search performed in RPRo. You might be able to figure it out by looking at an sfz file associated with the program and looking in the RPRo log.
promidi
Max Output Level: -66 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1220
Re: Rapture installation not recognized by Second Coming expansion pack 2016/11/09 21:07:41 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby ricoskyl 2016/11/10 07:32:19
I purchased "Second coming" and "Piscis" directly from Galbanum (I could note resist "Second coming" for $US24.99)

I received the products as zip files.   Within the "Second Coming" zip file, there is a "pkg" folder inside the "Galbanum Second Coming Download\Galbanum Second Coming Win Installer" folder

In this "pkg" folder there is a "Galbanum Architecture" folder.  These are the multisamples for "Second Coming" .  Copy this "Galbanum Architecture" folder and its contents into your rapture Pro multisamples folder.  On my system it's the following.  Note: Yours will likely be a different location.

D:\Sonar resources\Rapture Pro\Multisamples\Rapture Pro\Multisamples
---------
Also, In this "pkg" folder there is a "Galbanum Second Coming" folder.  These are the program files for "Second Coming".  Copy this "Galbanum Second Coming" folder and its contents into your rapture Pro programs.  On my system it's the following.  Note: Yours will likely be a different location.

D:\Sonar resources\Rapture Pro\Programs
---------
Also, In this "pkg" folder there is a "Lfo Waveforms" folder.  These are the Lfo Waveform files for "Second Coming".  Copy this "Lfo Waveforms" folder and its contents into your rapture Pro data folder.  On my system it's the following.  Note: Yours will likely be a different location.

D:\Sonar resources\Rapture Pro\Multisamples\Rapture Pro

Sorry for the long winded reply...  but I hope this helps.

Windows 10 64bit fully patched, 16 gig ram . 
PCR-800 Controller.  (Working in Win 10 1809 64bit)
CPU: i5 4670. 
Video: Nvidia GTX560ti (latest drivers).
Audio IF: Focusrite 2i2 2nd Gen

Internet always on.

Software
: Cakewalk by Bandlab (2018.09 B29)
ASIO mode. 24bit 48khz 256 samples 
Rapture Pro, AAS GS2, VS-3, EP-4, VA-2, Chromophone 2, Z3TA+ 2, Addictive drums 2, Addictive Keys, Mpowersynth (latest), Iris 2, GPO5, Sampletank 3,
ricoskyl
Re: Rapture installation not recognized by Second Coming expansion pack 2016/11/09 23:22:32 (permalink)
Thanks, Promidi! Between your great advice and Scook's, I was able to bungle my way through my file structure and put copies of the files in a few places, but I eventually got through it and got my sounds to play.  I'm sure my technique is very poor disk hygiene, but for now I've got my sounds.

Maybe I can get one of our excellent technical resources on the Cakewalk User Forum to explain the best process for sorting out the clutter that can come from different instruments keeping files with similar file formats (e.g. .wav and .sfz) and developing a strategy for storing, sorting, and searching for these files without duplicates or wasted space.  I think that would be a useful topic.

----------------------
The Grim
Max Output Level: -76 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 724
Re: Rapture installation not recognized by Second Coming expansion pack 2016/11/10 01:23:20 (permalink)
promidi

I purchased "Second coming" and "Piscis" directly from Galbanum (I could note resist "Second coming" for $US24.99)

thanks for that, i just grabbed it myself

also thanks for the install instructions, just installed everything manually and all works fine in both rapture and rapture pro
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1