Rapture issue with Propellerhead Reason 10.2 DAW

Author
avgrafyx
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 25
2018/09/30 12:00:31 (permalink)

Rapture issue with Propellerhead Reason 10.2 DAW

Hi,

I am a long-term Rapture (not Rapture Pro) user. I love this synth, and think I have all of the available sound banks for it. Traditionally, I used the 32-bit version of Rapture with Music Creator 6. However, I have changed DAWs and so had to have the 64-bit version of Rapture, which I downloaded and installed some time back.

Rapture 64-bit works fine as a standalone instrument on my desktop, and also works in Cakewalk (formerly Sonar) although in the latter, I can't be certain which version of Rapture is loading. I assume it is the 64-bit version, though, since Cakewalk is also 64-bit.

But I would really like Rapture to work with Propellerhead Reason 10.2, because Reason's workflow tends to suit me better than Cakewalk / Sonar's.  However, Rapture 64-bit doesn't work correctly with Reason  - Reason picks it up as a VST without difficulty and it is available in the instrument rack, so I can load it as an instrument, but when I try to open the Rapture interface to load a preset, nothing happens. It just won't open.

Anyone else encountered this? (I do realise that probably there are not too many Reason users here!) Or, if anyone has Rapture and Reason working together, any ideas what I may have done wrong? I found the install instructions for Rapture 64-bit a bit ambiguous in places when they asked for where certain elements of Rapture 32-bit were located, so maybe I have assigned some incorrect location. But if that were true, I would have thought it probably wouldn't work at all.

And before anyone suggests it, yes, , Reason is quirky; it won't work properly with 'JBridged' 32-bit VSTs, so maybe it's just Reason being unreasonable, but I would love to solve this and get one of my two absolute favourite synths back.

Thanks, guys!

3 Replies Related Threads

Fog
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 12302
    Re: Rapture issue with Propellerhead Reason 10.2 DAW 2018/10/01 03:56:52 (permalink)
    not tried it yet, and the problem would be that rapture isn't gonna be dev'd on.

not sure if props have a copy of it... and thats who you should contact. they might have it on a computer music mag from a year or 2 back.

the unusual browser + locations of stuff, were aways a pain for me with regard to cakes synths.

JonD
    Max Output Level: -39 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 3617
    Re: Rapture issue with Propellerhead Reason 10.2 DAW 2018/10/01 05:06:25 (permalink)
    avgrafyx

... have the 64-bit version of Rapture, which I downloaded and installed some time back.

Rapture 64-bit works fine as a standalone instrument on my desktop, and also works in Cakewalk (formerly Sonar) although in the latter, I can't be certain which version of Rapture is loading. I assume it is the 64-bit version, though, since Cakewalk is also 64-bit.

I found the install instructions for Rapture 64-bit a bit ambiguous in places when they asked for where certain elements of Rapture 32-bit were located, so maybe I have assigned some incorrect location. But if that were true, I would have thought it probably wouldn't work at all.

First, I would try running the Rapture installer with Run as Administrator.

The latest version is v1.2.2.10.  i just ran through the install process and it seemed pretty straightforward. The second window gives me a choice of 32 or 64 bit install.  It won't let me pick both, so I'm not sure how you can be confused about or have both 32 and 64 bit (unless you installed them one after the other). 

Later, there's only one other window where you need to change the default path: The location of your VST folder. After that, all that's required is a system reboot.

If your installer is any more complicated than that, then you probably don't have the latest Rapture v1.2.2.10.  You'll need to download it from your Cakewalk account.

SonarPlat/CWbBL, Win 10 Pro, i7 2600K, Asus P8Z68 Deluxe, 16GB DDR3, Radeon HD5450, TC Electronic Impact Twin, Kawai MP11 Piano, Event ALP Monitors, Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro, Too Many Plugins, My lucky hat.
    avgrafyx
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 25
    Re: Rapture issue with Propellerhead Reason 10.2 DAW 2018/10/24 21:43:46 (permalink)
    Thanks for the suggestions, guys! I will give those a try.

JonD, the 32-bit version of Rapture Classic has been installed on my PC for some years. When trying to install the 64 bit version, the installer wants to know where certain elements of the 32 bit version are - and I am not sure I understand what it wants, so that's where the 32 bit and 64 bit versions cross over. I'll retry and see what happens and relate the problem in greater detail if it won't play ball.

It may not be the latest version by now but I was a bit worried that the latest version might be altogether different and not work with my soundbanks.  BTW, I also don't want to uninstall the 32 bit version because a lot of my older compositions in Music Creator will need that.

Thanks again.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1