Rapture

Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
Author
yungxcraven
Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 90
2008/04/22 11:20:46 (permalink)

Rapture

I downloaded the two exp packs for Rapture, but when I pull down the instrument list it doesn't show the two exp packs.
Should it show the two expansions in the list, or do the new instruments just go into the original sound folders??

33 Replies Related Threads

AT
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 10654
    RE: Rapture 2008/04/22 11:29:14 (permalink)
    Do a search - there is a trick to opening the new expansion presets, but I forget what it is.

Afterwards, you'll have in your drop down list Expansion Pack 1 & 2 which can then be opened.

https://soundcloud.com/a-pleasure-dome
    http://www.bnoir-film.com/  

there came forth little children out of the city, and mocked him, and said unto him, Go up, thou bald head; go up, thou bald head.
    24 And he turned back, and looked on them, and cursed them in the name of the Lord. And there came forth two she bears out of the wood, and tare forty and two children of them.
    Markus Copol
    Max Output Level: -77 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 691
    RE: Rapture 2008/04/22 11:32:42 (permalink)
    Welcome Yungxcraven.

Pull the instrument list browser and press f5 "refresh".. the magic happens..

yungxcraven
    Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 90
    RE: Rapture 2008/04/22 11:52:02 (permalink)
    Damn good answeres guys. Now I can play with fire..
    Truckermusic
    Max Output Level: -56 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1924
    RE: Rapture 2008/05/09 08:57:10 (permalink)
    I had kinda of the same experience...... I installed Rapture.......rebooted....installed update 1.1......rebooted........installed the expansion packs 1 & 2.........rebooted then opened sonar....inserted soft synth Rapture...opened the program browser and only one program (a bass program of some sort) was listed.....pushed F5......nothing.....closed out sonar.....rebooted...opened sonar....opened Rapture...opened program Browser.....same bass program listed..nothing else.......I navagated to Raptures program folder and it listed all the program files and the expansoin packs......but Rapture did not see them.......so I tried the same thing with Rapture LE........same result........

I do not know how to solve this.........anyone?????

I have already posted this question but still need more help with it.......thank you guys (and Gals)

Cliff

http://www.soundclick.com/cliffordamundsen 
    NZXT Phantom Case (in Black)
    Windows 7, Service Pack 1, 64 Bit OP
    Sonar X3 Producer, 64 Bit 
    Asus P8P67 Pro Rev.3 MoBo
    16 Gig of Ram 
    4.5 Gighz
    Intel i-7 2600k Quad Core Sandy Bridge
    Unibrain Firewire Card
    Edirol FA-101 Firewire interface
    Mackie Big Knob
    NI Komplete 8
    Machine 2
    AT
    • Total Posts : 10654
    RE: Rapture 2008/05/09 13:36:43 (permalink)
    Under Vista (from experience) it can take a while with the expansion kits (probably because they are so big). I remember when I first loaded them I thought Rapture had crashed it sat there so long. So, try again and let it search for a while. Go drink a cup of coffee, read the paper, have a beer and make a call or two. Then see if it has finished. If not, take two aspirin and we can try something else.

The good news is, now it loads in a few seconds. :-)

https://soundcloud.com/a-pleasure-dome
    http://www.bnoir-film.com/  

there came forth little children out of the city, and mocked him, and said unto him, Go up, thou bald head; go up, thou bald head.
    24 And he turned back, and looked on them, and cursed them in the name of the Lord. And there came forth two she bears out of the wood, and tare forty and two children of them.
    Pablo1234
    Max Output Level: -87 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 192
    RE: Rapture 2008/05/09 14:59:24 (permalink)
    Make sure that patches are in the correct folder, it is not the Program File folder. Under WinXP it is -
    C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Cakewalk\Rapture\Programs

Sonar 3, Sonar 6, Rapture, Korg Legacy Digital, BFD Lt, Midi OX, MrTramp

Fender American Strat x2 with custom Electronics/pickups - MXR EQ - Semor Duncan Crybaby - Mesa Road King 2 - Custom built 3/4 back Cab with 2 Jenson 12" and 2 Celestion 12"
    Truckermusic
    RE: Rapture 2008/05/09 15:15:20 (permalink)
    Pablo
    That is where I looked!!!! and like I've said, all the programs are listed including the expansion packs 1 & 2. But Raptuer only lists one bass program in it's drop down list.

Cliff

16 Gig of Ram 
    4.5 Gighz
    Unibrain Firewire Card
    Mackie Big Knob
    NI Komplete 8
    Machine 2
    Pablo1234
    RE: Rapture 2008/05/09 15:21:39 (permalink)
    Did you open the Patch browser? You click on the name, not the arrow next to it. If you click on the name it just shows you a short list of patches. You need the browser (Seprate window that shows a list of folders in a TreeView) and then you hit F5.

Fender American Strat x2 with custom Electronics/pickups - MXR EQ - Semor Duncan Crybaby - Mesa Road King 2 - Custom built 3/4 back Cab with 2 Jenson 12" and 2 Celestion 12"
    Truckermusic
    RE: Rapture 2008/05/09 15:27:22 (permalink)
    Pablo
    Yes i did open the browser......(at least it is the same browser I used in Rapture LE on my old computer and that showed all the programs in a tree view.....

16 Gig of Ram 
    4.5 Gighz
    Unibrain Firewire Card
    Mackie Big Knob
    NI Komplete 8
    Machine 2
    Truckermusic
    RE: Rapture 2008/05/09 15:29:02 (permalink)
    In fact,
    I tried my copy of Rapture (the full version) and then I went and tried my Rapture LE version and got the same result.......next I went to my old computer and tried it there (where I only have Rapture LE) and it worked just fine........my old computer had now been regulated / downgraded to just a web surfer computer.....since I got my new machine!!!!!!! I un hooked all my interfaces and monitors and recording gear ......I just left the programs....but it was benificial because i was able to try the same thing on both machines to double check my technique.
    post edited by Truckermusic - 2008/05/09 15:52:36

16 Gig of Ram 
    4.5 Gighz
    Unibrain Firewire Card
    Mackie Big Knob
    NI Komplete 8
    Machine 2
    Pablo1234
    RE: Rapture 2008/05/09 15:42:43 (permalink)
    OK Let me Clarafie so we are on the same page.

1 - You looked in "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Cakewalk\Rapture\Programs\" And you see the files their.
    2 - You open the Patch Browser (Titlebar calls it "Program Browser") and you see no folders? Programs? except for 1 Base patch.
    3 - What is this base patch called? Did you do a search for it in your Hard drive to see wher it is located and check to see if anything else is their?

Don't wory we shall solve this problem.

kwgm
    Max Output Level: -52.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2271
    RE: Rapture 2008/05/09 21:48:35 (permalink)
    I'm using Windows XP, where the default location of Rapture Programs is:

(By the way, your Expansion Packs folders should also be in this location.)

In this folder is a file named: programs.lst

Programs.lst contains Rapture's program database. Search for this file if you haven't already found it.

When you have it, move it to another folder, maybe My Documents if Vista has such a place, or just the root folder of your main drive if not.

Without a programs.lst file, Rapture will automatically rebuild a new database when you attempt to open the Program Browser. The new database will include the new programs (if they are in the proper location).

Is is possible the F5 is disabled somehow on your system?

--kwgm
    Truckermusic
    RE: Rapture 2008/05/09 22:23:53 (permalink)
    Pablo
    I had to go to work earlier so that is why i did not return your last post.....

OK Let me Clarafie so we are on the same page.

1 - You looked in "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Cakewalk\Rapture\Programs\" And you see the files their.
    Yes....this is correct....I took a screen shot of it but guess what.....it does not want to paste.....man ya gotta love it........but yes this is where I went...

2 - You open the Patch Browser (Titlebar calls it "Program Browser") and you see no folders? Programs? except for 1 Base patch.
    Yes....I opened the patch browser....the program is called "(Bass) as razor"

3 - What is this base patch called? Did you do a search for it in your Hard drive to see wher it is located and check to see if anything else is their?
    (bass) AS RAZOR.program....I am searching right now.............

Don't wory we shall solve this problem. Cool!!!!

16 Gig of Ram 
    4.5 Gighz
    Unibrain Firewire Card
    Mackie Big Knob
    NI Komplete 8
    Machine 2
    Truckermusic
    RE: Rapture 2008/05/09 22:33:48 (permalink)
    kwgm

I'm using Windows XP, where the default location of Rapture Programs is:

(By the way, your Expansion Packs folders should also be in this location.)

This is correct!!!!I have been there......I have found this file.........when I navagate to this folder and open it I can see all the programs including the expansion packs....

In this folder is a file named: programs.lst
    I have found this folder and sonar tech support told me by email to delet this folder because it will force a manual refresh..........it did not.......

Programs.lst contains Rapture's program database. Search for this file if you haven't already found it.

When you have it, move it to another folder, maybe My Documents if Vista has such a place, or just the root folder of your main drive if not.
    I am using WINDOWS XP......not VISTA........

Without a programs.lst file, Rapture will automatically rebuild a new database when you attempt to open the Program Browser. The new database will include the new programs (if they are in the proper location).
    This is the same advice that tech supprot told me and I know that the programs are in the correct folder......if only my screen shot would past you could see that I am with you on this..........but unfortunatly this suggestion did not work either..........man I just cannot figure out why this is not working?????

Is is possible the F5 is disabled somehow on your system?
    Any thing is possible here....how would I find this out??????

post edited by Truckermusic - 2008/05/09 22:55:45

16 Gig of Ram 
    4.5 Gighz
    Unibrain Firewire Card
    Mackie Big Knob
    NI Komplete 8
    Machine 2
    altima_boy_2001
    Max Output Level: -55 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2033
    RE: Rapture 2008/05/09 22:57:39 (permalink)
    If everything's setup correctly it should look like this:

You can use me as your eSoundz referral (altima_boy_2001).
    kwgm
    RE: Rapture 2008/05/09 23:02:41 (permalink)
    After you delete the program.lst file, reopen Rapture, and double-click on the Program box there at the top.

What do you see in the Browser?

--kwgm
    Pablo1234
    RE: Rapture 2008/05/09 23:03:26 (permalink)
    OK I think we are getting somewher, I don't have that prog anywher on my computer, seems strange. have you downloaded any programs for rapture other than the expantions?

Pablo1234
    RE: Rapture 2008/05/09 23:05:56 (permalink)
    Altima_Boy how is that Minimoog expantion? I'm thinking about geting it just becuss I worship Anderton

altima_boy_2001
    Max Output Level: -55 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2033
    RE: Rapture 2008/05/09 23:32:49 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: Pablo1234
    Altima_Boy how is that Minimoog expansion? I'm thinking about getting it just because I worship Anderton

I've used some bass sounds out of it so far, but not a lot of use yet. But I picked up IK SampleMoog at the same time so I'm using it too.

OK I think we are getting somewhere, I don't have that prog anywher on my computer, seems strange. have you downloaded any programs for rapture other than the expantions?

What prog? This is a picture of the standard Rapture install plus Expansions 1 and 2 and the MiniMoog expansion.

The "program browser" is part of Rapture. Double click on the program name and the "program browser" should open up. Then hit F5 to refresh the list.

You can use me as your eSoundz referral (altima_boy_2001).
    Pablo1234
    RE: Rapture 2008/05/09 23:55:07 (permalink)
    The program that Trucker has showing when he starts. "(Bass) as razor"

Sorry need to clarafy who I'm speeking to lol.
    post edited by Pablo1234 - 2008/05/10 00:15:09

b rock
    • Total Posts : 8717
    RE: Rapture 2008/05/10 09:56:31 (permalink)
    Let's see if we can collectively sort this one out, Truckermusic.

I opened the patch browser....the program is called "(Bass) as razor
    That .prog is off the CM Special Vol. 26 disk: The Fast Guide To Synthesis edition. {see Fig. A below}. I'm not sure why this one patch didn't get 'moved' by the Rapture 1.1 update. It uses some Multisamples available on that same DVD, but so do many of the other presets in the package. Do a hard drive search for some of the other .prog names listed in Fig. A. Perhaps that will shed some light on why this particular file ended up 'orphaned'.

next I went to my old computer and tried it there (where I only have Rapture LE) and it worked just fine........

Check out this recent reply from René.
    ... We have added the "Browse Programs..." option to the Program Handling menu. It will open a Windows Explorer window pointing to the programs folder, even if it's hidden. That makes easier the file-level handling of programs.
    The process that he's describing there is shown below in Fig. B. This is going to take you to the exact same spot that Rapture's Program Browser will look for its .prog file listing.

pushed F5......nothing.....
    That can get a little confusing if the Program Browser doesn't have 'focus'. If you happen to click away to another window, then press F5, nothing will happen in the Browser. As a safeguard, I always recommend to click in the Program Browser window first, then press F5 immediately afterwards.

Without a programs.lst file, Rapture will automatically rebuild a new database when you attempt to open the Program Browser.
    This is the same advice that tech supprot told me and I know that the programs are in the correct folder..........but unfortunatly this suggestion did not work either..........
    It should have. That's the 'last resort' procedure for clearing out the view into the Program Browser. I wonder if you have more than one programs.lst location (other than the one you moved, and the newly generated one)? I'm suspecting that there may be a residual programs.lst duplicate that Rapture is getting ahold of here.

Using the Browse Programs item under the File Handling (floppy disk) icon {shown in Fig. B}, navigate to the 'programs.lst' file at the bottom, and Delete it from there. {see Fig. C below}. I'm hoping that will 'kick start' the regeneration process and get you the correct listings back.

kwgm
    RE: Rapture 2008/05/10 20:06:00 (permalink)
    Hiya B Rock,

Truckermusic hasn't yet replied (maybe went to visit his Mother this weekend?), but I too suspect that he's got two locations for Programs, and is removing the programs.lst file from the wrong one. In a previous post, I asked him to move the file and not delete it, in case he needs to restore it. He might want to use it on a temporary basis until he gets this problem worked out.

We'll just have to wait and see what's up when he returns.

regards,

-- kwgm

--kwgm
    b rock
    RE: Rapture 2008/05/11 08:31:09 (permalink)
    In a previous post, I asked him to move the file and not delete it, in case he needs to restore it. He might want to use it on a temporary basis until he gets this problem worked out.
    Always the more prudent approach to move or rename a file extension. I guess that I broke my own rule-of-thumb here to minimize confusion, and because of the automatic regeneration process. The common ground is that we all want to get TM's installation working, and perhaps clear up some similar problems that other end users might be experiencing.

I've got to make the Gold-to-Gulf Coast run next weekend, so ... worst case scenario ...
    Pablo1234
    RE: Rapture 2008/05/11 09:32:46 (permalink)
    Whats a Gold to Gulf run mean for ya. I'm gessing ist Gold sothing (Place) to Gulf of mexico.

b rock
    RE: Rapture 2008/05/11 09:55:48 (permalink)
    Whats a Gold to Gulf run mean for ya
    As it relates to the state of Florida, 'Gold Coast' describes the southeastern section, with 'Gulf Coast' implies the counties along its west coast.
    Truckermusic
    RE: Rapture 2008/05/11 12:27:48 (permalink)
    To everyone who is trying to help with this prob...........................

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've been away because 1. My jobis not only from 9 to 5....sometimes I have to work out in the community at special functions and that has been the cause on Thurs. nite and Fri. night and all day Sat.
    2. I am putting together an new studio space for my self and had to unplug everything for a day or so.... but I am on track nor..........I got the space done and everything set up but now need to get some odds and ends sorted out.........
    but first lets go back to this Rapture thing.........

1. I really wish I could take a screen shot and pin it up.....I think that it would help us a lot.........but my music software is on my new DAW (that I do not want to connect to the internet and has no graphics programs....only windows paint so I can do the shot but cannot paste it like in a word doc and the show it off)
    2. so you are thinking that I have TWO LOCATIONS for my Rapture programs????????????

16 Gig of Ram 
    4.5 Gighz
    Unibrain Firewire Card
    Mackie Big Knob
    NI Komplete 8
    Machine 2
    Truckermusic
    RE: Rapture 2008/05/11 12:46:40 (permalink)
    Altima Boy
    the screen shot you are showing me is EXACTLY the way mine is set up!!!!!!!!! I have gone thru it several times..........but I am now searching again and looking for a second location..........now mind you this is a FRESH INSTALLATION on a NEW COMPUTER!!!!!!!! so I was thinking that having two locations is probably not the case.............HOWEVER!!!!
    you are right in the fact that the only program listed is off the CM Special..........now here is the funny thing........
    On my old computer (Rapture LE)
    I copied these CM Special Ed. programs
    navagated to the Rapture Programs file
    copied them into that file
    opened my Rapture LE synth
    opened the program browser
    pushed F5
    and bino bongo the programs were there and everything worked just perfect!!!!!!!!!!!!

SO!!!!!!!!!!!!

on my new computer
    I installed Sonar 7 Studio Ed.
    Installed Updateds 1 & 2
    got them registered
    Installed Rapture (Full version)
    installed rapture update 1.1
    rebooted
    installed expansion packs 1 & 2 (combination installation)
    DID NOT TEST Rapture or Rapture LE to see if all was good (BAD BOY!!!!!!! BAD BAD BOY!!!!)
    Rebooted
    Copyed CM Special Ed. Rapture programs from the CM Disk directly
    navagated to the Rapture AND the Rapture LE programs file
    copied the Special ed. Programs into both Rapture and Rapture LE programs file
    rebooted
    opend sonar 7
    inserted soft synth Rapture and opened the program browser
    pushed F5
    saw only the one program
    Tried Rapture LE
    Same thing happens

I am starting to think that this has something to do with that CM Special edition programs!!!!!

Trucker

16 Gig of Ram 
    4.5 Gighz
    Unibrain Firewire Card
    Mackie Big Knob
    NI Komplete 8
    Machine 2
    Truckermusic
    RE: Rapture 2008/05/11 13:09:35 (permalink)
    OOOHHHH HAPPY DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

16 Gig of Ram 
    4.5 Gighz
    Unibrain Firewire Card
    Mackie Big Knob
    NI Komplete 8
    Machine 2
    Truckermusic
    RE: Rapture 2008/05/11 13:24:32 (permalink)
    B Rock

I ran with your suggestion and looked for a second Programs file.......but never did see one........BUT!!!!!!!! and I mean BUT!!!!!!
    I used the Browse Programs under the Programs handling menu box and found the CM Special Edition Programs in TWO Places!!!!!!
    One in a folder marked "CM Special Editions"
    and a second duplicate version of each of the CM programs hanging around out side all the folders.......this is something (that never did show) I never did see using the windows tree view.........But by using the programs handling menu selection, each one of the programs were right there showing off .
    So I selected them (highlighted)
    deleted them
    and the Rapture Tree of all the programs showed up!!!!!!
    (I first experimented with Rapture LE and it worked
    I then went and did Rapture the full version and it worked.
    I rebooted
    retried both Raptures and the tree is showing with all the programs so I am assuming that they work........

now I have these orphaned programs sitting in my trash can.....do you think I should get one of programs 1st. files out and save it for later?

As Ive state a copule of posts ago I am still trying to get my new digs up and running and the next step is get my monitors to work.................But I am happy because I do think that we solved this problem!!!!!!!

TO EVERYONE WHO HAS HELPED IN SOLVING THIS PROBLEM................THANK YOU!!!!!!
    i COULD NOT OF DONE IT WITH OUT YOUR HELP..............
    THANK YOU!!!![/
    b]

CLIFF

16 Gig of Ram 
    4.5 Gighz
    Unibrain Firewire Card