Rapture pro- installation when dim. pro and rapture classic are installed

Author
jadonx
Max Output Level: -88 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 102
2016/12/10 11:07:05 (permalink)

Rapture pro- installation when dim. pro and rapture classic are installed

I have Rapture 1.22 and Dimension pro 1.5 installed as well some extra sound banks such as Digital sound factory.
Now I have purchased Rapture pro and wish to install through the Cakewalk command centre. I have the option to install all or selected products. To avoid doubling banks, should I just select the new listings in a custom install or do I need to install ?
Are there any benefits from installing all previous banks again?

John

2 Replies Related Threads

scook
    Forum Host
    • Total Posts : 24146
    Re: Rapture pro- installation when dim. pro and rapture classic are installed 2016/12/10 11:21:50 (permalink)
    To avoid duplicating samples, skip installing D-Pro Part1, D-Pro Part2, Rapture Classic and any expansion banks that show in the top level of the Command Center. RPro will copy the all the Cakewalk Sound Center, DPro and Rapture programs (including expansion packs) into its program library so they will play from RPRo.

There is no reason to install the banks again unless you are trying to consolidate everything in RPro. Until RPro is modified to be a drop in replacement for the legacy synths there is little to be gained from consolidation at this time.
    jadonx
    Max Output Level: -88 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 102
    Re: Rapture pro- installation when dim. pro and rapture classic are installed 2016/12/10 12:59:29 (permalink)
    Thank you scook
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1