Rapture sounds

Author
awilki01
Max Output Level: -74 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 817
2006/06/22 21:55:53 (permalink)

Rapture sounds

Hey guys, I ran across a thread over at Tranceaddict.com (Click Here)

A whole bunch of people are showing off their sounds they've created using various synths (hardware and software). I posted two of my own I came up with recently using Rapture:

clip 1: Trance Gate 4

clip 2: Trance Gate 6

If any of you have Trance style sounds, go over there and post them. Many of those guys over there tend to not use Cakewalk products. This is a good chance for us to show them that Cakewalk products are better than most out there.

Take care...

EDIT: I added another one below...Here is the link to the clip:

Super Saw Trance Gate 1.mp3
post edited by awilki01 - 2006/06/23 00:36:56

16 Replies Related Threads

lawapa
    Max Output Level: -68 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1144
    RE: Rapture sounds 2006/06/22 22:40:55 (permalink)
    Yea but if no one has Rapture or Dpro then the sounds won't be heard by anyone ;p. Unless you posted up an mp3 of the sound. And with your great step gen sequence I bet it'd rocksockem.
    awilki01
    RE: Rapture sounds 2006/06/22 23:16:12 (permalink)
    They are MP3s
    lawapa
    RE: Rapture sounds 2006/06/22 23:37:58 (permalink)
    Trance alright :)+) This should get those guys on board. Set a link to the P5 forum. That way if there curious. Thay can come take a look.
    awilki01
    RE: Rapture sounds 2006/06/23 00:24:50 (permalink)
    Here's a better one. I didn't know what a supersaw was. Apparently, it is just many sawtooth waveforms detuned from one another. Here is a HUGE sounding supersaw done with Rapture. It is all 6 elements with the same sawtooth waveform detuned 12 cents from one another. I used an LFO waveform on each of the 6 cutoff resolutions to give it that oscillating higher pitch echoing sound.

Super Saw Trance Gate 1.mp3

Now tell me if that just doesn't sound HUGE!!!
    post edited by awilki01 - 2006/06/23 00:36:28
    lawapa
    RE: Rapture sounds 2006/06/23 08:29:21 (permalink)
    OK. First it was way to early. I hadn't even consumed my first cup 'o' joe yet. So I enter in a sfz for dave's supersaw sound with out thinking about it. It was off by a major amount. So after work I set to doing the thing on my daw which btw is not on the net and after quite a few tries it gets done up with out the lfo's of course since I've not ventured that far into the sfz programing yet but it is do able.

<region>
    sample= C:\program files\cakewalk\rapture\multisamples\015 - saw 8080.wav
    oscillator=on
    tune=-4

<region>
    oscillator=on
    tune=5

<region>
    oscillator=on
    tune=-6
    pan=-100

<region>
    oscillator=on
    tune=8
    pan=100

<region>
    oscillator=on
    tune=-12
    pan=-50
    delay=.03

<region>
    oscillator=on
    tune=16
    pan=50
    delay=.05

<region>
    oscillator=on
    tune=-20
    pan=-70
    delay=.07

<region>
    oscillator=on
    tune=20
    pan=70
    delay=.09

If you have the multisamples folder on your machine in a different location you do know what to do right?

This will put that really fat super saw sound in one element.
    post edited by lawapa - 2006/06/23 15:19:26
    lawapa
    RE: Rapture sounds 2006/06/23 15:20:57 (permalink)
    I did forget to mention that if this works on you machine without a hitch you can change the wavetable/pan/tune/delay and the file name and have 8 different wavetable sounds up and running at once. If you unsure what to add just open another Rapture browse the maltisample folder and audition them. If you like one do properties copy the file name and paste to the end of the location in sample=.

And if you like your sound with alaising delete the oscillator=on thing and I think it loads as a wave file and does the nasty stuff?

When you copy/paste this it will be a text file you must change it to.sfz for Rapture to see it and load it up.

Does this sound like a lot of trouble? Well It might be But I got this file to load and play. It did take a few tries to get it right before it was humming away but it did jam.
    AT
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 10654
    RE: Rapture sounds 2006/06/23 16:19:45 (permalink)
    Larry,

looks good. I'll give it a try when I get a chance. Sounds thick!

thanks all.

@

https://soundcloud.com/a-pleasure-dome
    http://www.bnoir-film.com/  

there came forth little children out of the city, and mocked him, and said unto him, Go up, thou bald head; go up, thou bald head.
    24 And he turned back, and looked on them, and cursed them in the name of the Lord. And there came forth two she bears out of the wood, and tare forty and two children of them.
    b rock
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 8717
    RE: Rapture sounds 2006/06/23 16:38:25 (permalink)
    This will put that really fat super saw sound in one element.
    Sure did. Nice example, Larry. All I did was copy & paste into Notepad from your original post. My paths are a little different (I don't use Program Files), but after the adaptation, it works flawlessly.

Of course, I couldn't leave well enough alone, and kicked on the Multi ...
    lawapa
    RE: Rapture sounds 2006/06/23 17:21:28 (permalink)
    There is no point to leaving well enough alone ;)+) Not with Rapture or Dpro. The whole point is to explore this beast with all the tools at your disposal. And well, some ya don't have down yet. Everytime I do this off the top of my head I manage to get it wrong but a few min with the sfz and a look at the doc's and yep she jams.
    awilki01
    RE: Rapture sounds 2006/06/23 17:29:53 (permalink)
    Thanks, Larry! I'll give it a shot tonight or tomorrow.

Rapture is one powerful tool. I'm learning more and more everyday. Thanks!
    lawapa
    RE: Rapture sounds 2006/06/23 23:27:45 (permalink)
    Well I got around to mixing wavetable and wave files And I had to get started on the sfz ampeg settings. Now if you have a wave file with it's own envelope you know the start of the file is written in stone unless you add offset so you miss the attack and start farther in the file. So anyway it's happening. Now for setting crossfades
    awilki01
    RE: Rapture sounds 2006/06/24 00:52:45 (permalink)
    I was able to create the SFZ file with your above text. I opened it up in Rapture, but it just didn't seem to have the HUGEness as compared to the one I made with all 6 elements. Is there anything else I should have done?
    Rick McNab
    Max Output Level: -70 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1047
    RE: Rapture sounds 2006/06/24 04:18:11 (permalink)
    With total respect, I must ask: Do you guys have jobs and/or family responsibilities? Where do you find the time to figure all of this stuff out? I have Rapture, and in the last month have barely had time to flick through the presets. I definitely want to get deep in to it, but work (within the music business), and family responsibilities have so far prevented me from getting deeper.

That's why I wish someone would write a complete instruction manual and set of tutorials that a busy person could work with for a few minutes each day. I would pay a reasonable amount, and it would be well worth it for the savings in time, a most precious resource.

But I continue to be grateful for any information and tips that are appearing as regards Rapture, no matter how piecemeal they may be at the present.
    lawapa
    RE: Rapture sounds 2006/06/24 08:48:58 (permalink)
    Before I got Rapture I did make a lot of sample sets for my own use. It's kinda involved yea ;)+) and since I don't work within the computer field I was self taught. My motavation in the begining was I can't get exactly what I want so I make it myself. The sfz format is a simple instruction set. Clear, concise and directly to the point. It is a tad diff than working up sample sets true, but the framework is similer. With out a gui you instruct Rapture/Dpro to load and set kinda like a prog. All you need do is understand that because it's a computer instruction set you must follow the rules to the letter. Or it won't load but it will tell you what it does not understand :)+). It's not unlike a competitive game of chess with your machine. And well I do prefer a forward momentun within the context of doing. I lean something of value while I do the thing. Rene has gone to great lengths as has cakewalk to offer up a simple do-it that solves problems. And it does work well if you take the time to learn it. Rick you are on this forum so I know you'd like to learn more. That is stated well. If you simply try some of these posts you will over time be able to ferrit out what you need to do more.

Dave; I didn't have your original prog and I'm not far enough along yet to set lfo's in sfz quite yet. But I am making strides here. And I did hear what you said, not quite as fat. Close but no cigar. Did you enable multi? Brock/Tom DID THAT RIGHT AWAY . I'm was doing up wavetables and wavefiles last night. Not quite building the perfect trance patch but learning along the way. You can modify that sfz with a copy/paste to a new text file and try some thing out if you feel so inclined.
    post edited by lawapa - 2006/06/24 09:09:50
    awilki01
    RE: Rapture sounds 2006/06/24 10:37:37 (permalink)
    @Rick:
    Yes, I have a job, a wife, and a kid I've just subsituted what used to be my gaming time into my music time I used to be an avid PC gamer until I got involved in music.

@Larry:
    Yes, I enabled multi. It just doesn't sound as fat (trance effects aside). I even tried moving the detune to where I had mine, but it still didn't sound right. I never messed with any delay in mine, but I see in yours, you have it. I tried removing that too on the sfz as well to no avail.
    kb420
    Max Output Level: -57 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1839
    RE: Rapture sounds 2006/06/24 11:50:47 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: Rick McNab

With total respect, I must ask: Do you guys have jobs and/or family responsibilities? Where do you find the time to figure all of this stuff out? I have Rapture, and in the last month have barely had time to flick through the presets. I definitely want to get deep in to it, but work (within the music business), and family responsibilities have so far prevented me from getting deeper.

That's why I wish someone would write a complete instruction manual and set of tutorials that a busy person could work with for a few minutes each day. I would pay a reasonable amount, and it would be well worth it for the savings in time, a most precious resource.

But I continue to be grateful for any information and tips that are appearing as regards Rapture, no matter how piecemeal they may be at the present.

I feel the same way.

"Now, excuse me while I jump into my Jaguar; I need to board my private jet for the usual weekend trip to my mansion on the Big Island. I think Trixie, Crystal, and Heather are already there...must not keep them waiting in the hot tub!"

-Craig Anderton-
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1