Author
mabian
Max Output Level: -68 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1111
2006/10/17 08:52:34 (permalink)

Rapture - where to buy in Europe?

Hello,

I'd like to buy rapture, but:

- I can buy @Cake Store for 159€ because I've Sonar 6, but there's a 21€ delivery charge!
- I can buy @Edirol Europe at 219€, maybe I'd save some delivery buck, but I don't want them in my business, they weren't professional when I bought Sonar 5 from them

What's the best and cheaper way to buy it in Europe?
Thanks in advance
Mario

Mario Bianchi
---------------
Intel Q9550 Quad Core, Abit IP35 Pro XE M'Board
2x2GB RAM, XFX GeForce 8500GT, 2x500GB Seagate SATA2 HD 7200.11
Terratec EWS88MT, ESI Near 5 Monitoring Speakers
Yamaha SY-85 Master keyboard, Roland JV-1080 Rack mod

5 Replies Related Threads

xylyx
    Max Output Level: -50 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2505
    RE: Rapture - where to buy in Europe? 2006/10/17 13:34:17 (permalink)
    If you find a cheap way, then let me know, as I'd be interested too

The cheapest way seems to be with the current Cake offer, but I won't pay that price when I know the US customers are getting it cheaper (they pay $159, Europeans are paying the equivalent of $200 and that's not even factoring in the ridiculous delivery charge). Sorry, but I don't see why I should be screwed over because of where I live, especially when the product could be offered for download and remove any location-based price issues.
    AT
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 10654
    RE: Rapture - where to buy in Europe? 2006/10/17 17:44:46 (permalink)
    Yea, Rob, I understand.

I don't know why they charge the extra money. Maybe an exchange rate accounting charge (my bank this side of the Atlantic started charging $30 to convert pound Sterling checks [or should I say cheques!] to good ole 'merican dollars US).

I do understand Cake charging for CD delivery (tho that seems too high), but also the fact that a download would probably be too large with the included loops etc. Prehaps they should charge less for a download, exp. since they haven't updated their loops for a few years. Who needs another copy of the loops, anyway, even if it comes on DVD. I got'em back with HS.

https://soundcloud.com/a-pleasure-dome
    http://www.bnoir-film.com/  

there came forth little children out of the city, and mocked him, and said unto him, Go up, thou bald head; go up, thou bald head.
    24 And he turned back, and looked on them, and cursed them in the name of the Lord. And there came forth two she bears out of the wood, and tare forty and two children of them.
    xylyx
    Max Output Level: -50 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2505
    RE: Rapture - where to buy in Europe? 2006/10/17 18:07:18 (permalink)
    They can always let me pay in dollars...my credit card company doesn't appear to charge me anything for paying in dollars instead of pounds (I don't get the top exchange rate, but it's not too far short) and I'll gladly pay $159 to them, which is surely better than the $0 they are currently getting. I believe Rapture is only around 21mb, as the included samples are not large like the Dimension library...more than doable as a download.

Don't get me wrong, it's not just Cakewalk that are guilty of this...NI (a European business) are doing the same thing with all their new releases. Look at the Euro/$ prices and then check the current exchange rates and tell me why I'm expected to pay around $70 more for Battery 3 than US based customers. I understand that companies cannot change prices according to each day's exchange rate, but the rate has been over $1.70 to the £ for more than a year, so it's not a valid excuse. It'd be nice if everyone in Europe boycotted NI (and any other company guilty of this), but it won't happen and nothing will change...but I won't be ripped off and will not pay over the odds.

Anyway, rant over (for now ).
    JohnrC
    Max Output Level: -83 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 393
    RE: Rapture - where to buy in Europe? 2006/10/17 21:50:49 (permalink)
    If it's any consolation, the special offer on Rapture isn't terribly special for us Canadians either. By the time you add delivery (and probably brokerage fees) and then do the currency exchange, it works out to ~$10 less than the music shop 'round the corner.

Not being a full-fledged keyboard/synthesist keeps me on the fence for this one. But a nice offer would make me go for it based solely on being a René creation backed by Cake.
    mabian
    Max Output Level: -68 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1111
    RE: Rapture - where to buy in Europe? 2006/10/18 08:50:04 (permalink)
    Reconsidering the whole question, I think I'll wait next Rapture offer - I got Project5 recently, so I'm confident that with next free P5 update some special offer will follow, hopefully including Rapture.

I agree the difference between Europe and US is currently hardly understandable.
    I'll stick with Dim Pro, Discovery, Synth1 and all SONAR PE goodies for now, I think I can do it :)

Thanks
    Mario

Mario Bianchi
    ---------------
    Intel Q9550 Quad Core, Abit IP35 Pro XE M'Board
    2x2GB RAM, XFX GeForce 8500GT, 2x500GB Seagate SATA2 HD 7200.11
    Terratec EWS88MT, ESI Near 5 Monitoring Speakers
    Yamaha SY-85 Master keyboard, Roland JV-1080 Rack mod
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1