Rapture/Dimension Sounds Disappear When I Advance on my MIDI Preset Switch

Author
Duke_of_boom
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 35
2010/09/30 17:01:58 (permalink)

Rapture/Dimension Sounds Disappear When I Advance on my MIDI Preset Switch

I'm using a MIDI-capable guitar into an Axon Guitar-to-MIDI converter into a PC w/ Sonar + soft synths. On the Axon converter there are a couple presets (e.g. Preset1 quantitizes String Bends, Preset2 would map the string bend to the pitch bend wheel on a keyboard for a smooth bend). There's a switch on my guitar that advances up/down these presets. My problem is when I'm using rapture/dimension and I use the Preset Switch on my guitar, my the audio from the softie disappears.

There is still MIDI information being input into the MIDI track because the graph thing spikes whenever I pick a note (signaling a MIDI input), but the audio from the soft synth goes away completely. When I use the Switch to go back to Preset 1, the audio does not reappear. The only thing that works is closing the synth down  and re-inserting a new instance. 

Different synths react differently - e.g. the Preset Switch on my guitar advances thru the presets on an Arturio Moog, but on the Cakewalk softies, it just cuts out the audio. What I would like to have is that the Preset Switch on the Guitar does not interact in ANY way with the software, and only with the Presets on the Axon Hardware Interface.

Any suggestions?     

1 Reply Related Threads

techead
    Max Output Level: -31.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 4353
    Re:Rapture/Dimension Sounds Disappear When I Advance on my MIDI Preset Switch 2010/10/02 00:44:27 (permalink)
    Filter out any program changes, bank selects, or NRPN data from the MIDI stream before such data reaches the Cakewalk softsynths. 
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1