Real Time recording (way too fast!!)

Author
CapnTwiggy
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 8
2005/06/09 23:32:42 (permalink)

Real Time recording (way too fast!!)

Here's my problem:

While recording the time needle moves really fast and my recording waves go at a normal time. Then when I stop the recording a bunch of the music at the end gets cut off. Why arent these two running parrallel? Why is the music trying to catch up to the recording needle. Someone please help me...

4 Replies Related Threads

southphilly
    Max Output Level: -81 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 457
    RE: Real Time recording (way too fast!!) 2005/06/10 14:23:04 (permalink)
    howdy capn' and welcome

the quote below is from user "petetexas" seems like your problems are similar. i explained that the same thing was happening to me when I started, i fixed it by switching my soundcard driver from WDM to ASIO. however, i was trying to fix latency and it ended up fixing the "speeded up/missing audio" problem.

but it just occured to me. usually when audio is distorted/sped up/slowed down between recording/importing and playback it is an issue of your soundcard settings not matching the settings within GTP3 (therefore when I switched the drivers & re-ran profiler it reset the settings on my card and all was matched up)

if you're recording at 16bit/44.1 in GTP3 make sure your soundcard is set the same (check sound card settings through your control panel) If your settings aren't matched, there will be a discrepency in time between recording/import and playback

could also rerun wave profiler (options > audio) and see if it helps.

Hi all,

When I import a wav file into GTP3 that plays for 4 min 20 sec in actual time, it only accepts about 2 mins of the song,

then stops abruptly.

The now time in SMPTE says it has run for the full 4 min 20 sec. ( Seems to be running at twice actual time )

Anyone have any suggestions ?

Im new to all this.....!

so check the settings on your card/interface and make sure they match settings you are using in GTP3. really hope this helps

peace

southphilly

"...all my lies are only wishes..."

http://www.soundclick.com/weus

CapnTwiggy
    RE: Real Time recording (way too fast!!) 2005/06/14 04:31:30 (permalink)
    I really appreciate your help. I just need a little more guidance. I was playing around with some settings but i'm still having issues. I cant seem to locate a way to edit my soundcard...I think my soundcard is SigmaTel Audio. Does that sound right? There seems to be an issue with these two working together. Any suggestions. Or maybe you could guide me through how to edit the settings cause i couldnt find it through the control panel
    southphilly
    Max Output Level: -81 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 457
    RE: Real Time recording (way too fast!!) 2005/06/14 20:18:41 (permalink)
    hey capn'

-if it's not under "sounds & audio devices" in control panel I can't imagine where it would be.

-could try: right-click "my computer" > manage > device manager > sound, video, etc, see what's installed as your sound device.

-you could also try a search on this forum to see of anyone else uses that card. have you tried making adjustments in the windows mixer? (double click speaker icon)

-also, rerun "wave profiler" in GTP3 under (options > audio). doubt sigma supports ASIO so that isn't really an option.

otherwise, considering the sigmatel's capability, you might consider a new sound card. Eventhough GTP3 box says "sound card - windows compatible" that's not always the case. I know that my sigmatel card prompts the "card is not compatible" error if I launch GTP3 without my M-Audio USB hooked up

peace

southphilly

"...all my lies are only wishes..."

http://www.soundclick.com/weus

CapnTwiggy
    RE: Real Time recording (way too fast!!) 2005/06/16 16:40:31 (permalink)
    Hey Philly,

alright, i'm an idiot. I should have told you in the first place that i'm using the M-Audio Mobile Pre USB. I'm sure then you could have helped me a lot more quickly than all this but i've finally figured out that I just needed to switch to ASIO (like you said in the first place).

ANYWAY...my computer tried to reject the setting a few times and gave me error messages when I brought up GTP3 with the M-Audio device connected (not sure what that was about) but after messing with it for a while and having to do a few system restores, all is well and i'm back in buisness.

You helped me out a lot man...thank you!
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1