Real-time fx changing

Author
Rudo
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 17
2011/02/11 05:29:04 (permalink)

Real-time fx changing

Hello,

Maybe a very NOOB question, but I can't figure it out on my own. Tried the help function en also searched this forum but I can't get it to work.

In one of my songs I'm using a clean guitar (Cakewalk TTS-1) and added an overdrive effect to it (rightclick on the FX bin -> Audio FX -> Cakewalk -> AMP SIM.)

While the guitar plays a solo I want the effect in the guitar. But slowly I want to change it to a rythme guitar and slowly want to fade out the overdrive effect.

How can I change this effect? In real-time or maybe by changing it with midi controls.

I hope someone can help.

Rudo

5 Replies Related Threads

daveny5
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 16934
    Re:Real-time fx changing 2011/02/11 09:20:31 (permalink)
    Have you tried using envelopes on the effects? Depends on the effect you're using as to whether it will allow you to control it with an envelope. Some do others don't. In real time you'd have to have a foot pedal or other type of controller. 

Dave
    Computer: Intel i7, ASROCK H170M, 16GB/5TB+, Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, Sonar Platinum, TASCAM US-16x08, Cakewalk UM-3G MIDI I/F
    Instruments: SL-880 Keyboard controller, Korg 05R/W, Korg N1R, KORG Wavestation EX
    Axes: Fender Stratocaster, Line6 Variax 300, Ovation Acoustic, Takamine Nylon Acoustic, Behringer GX212 amp, Shure SM-58 mic, Rode NT1 condenser mic.
    Outboard: Mackie 1402-VLZ mixer, TC Helicon VoiceLive 2, Digitech Vocalist WS EX, PODXTLive, various stompboxes and stuff. 
    Controllers: Korg nanoKONTROL, Wacom Bamboo Touchpad
    giankap
    Max Output Level: -83 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 387
    Re:Real-time fx changing 2011/02/11 09:27:11 (permalink)
    Right click on the track, crerate envelope, name of the effect, parameter you want to change. In real time you will need a midi conroller and you'll have to assign a knbs and faders to the parameters you want to hafve access to.

sincerely,

Ioannis

Windows - some Dual Core CPU - a little bit of RAM - not so bad soundcard - i think it's called Sonar - a silver mixer with colorful knobs - black speaker monitors - my ears

some work
    Rudo
    Re:Real-time fx changing 2011/02/11 10:05:54 (permalink)
    Hello!

Thanks for the replies. If I right click on the track and create track envelopes, I can only create envelopes for: Automated mute, Volume, Chorus, Reverb and Pan.

But not for the Amplifier Simulator from the Cakewalk audio effects.
    Maybe I'm doing something wrong.....

Rudo
    uncleswede
    Max Output Level: -78 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 638
    Re:Real-time fx changing 2011/02/11 18:08:23 (permalink)
    It may be that the FX you're using are not automatable.
    An alternative is to create a bus with the amp effect on it and create a "send" to that bus on the gtr track. You can then automate the send volume (i.e. arm the gtr track for automation [W], play the track adjusting the send vol in real time.

---------------------------------------------------------
    How to fly - throw yourself at the ground and miss
    S8.5PE, i7-920 (XP), 6Gb RAM, Phonic Helix 12, Axiom 61 controller, JM VC3Q and mic, plus more...
    Rudo
    Re:Real-time fx changing 2011/02/12 05:20:53 (permalink)
    uncleswede

It may be that the FX you're using are not automatable.
    An alternative is to create a bus with the amp effect on it and create a "send" to that bus on the gtr track. You can then automate the send volume (i.e. arm the gtr track for automation [W], play the track adjusting the send vol in real time.

Ok, Thanks, that sounds do-able, even for a noob like me. I will look in to that later this weekend.

Rudo
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1