Record Dimension Pro with SONAR 6 Pro

Author
Mikey5
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 33
2007/02/07 19:17:07 (permalink)

Record Dimension Pro with SONAR 6 Pro

I can get awsome sound to come out I just can't figure out how to record it. After I get the sound I want I click the record button and I can't get any sound out of the synth without starting a new project! I have SONAR 6 Power!, the guide that came with SONAR, and Cakewalk Synthesizers: From Presets to Power User. None of these really tell me exactly how to set up the synth from the ground up. When I insert it I'm not sure which boxes to check or which dropdown menu's to select. After that I'm not sure what to select for the input and the output. I have the TonePort KB37 for the input and I don't know whether to select the TonePort or Dimension Pro for the input or the output?!?!?!?! ???

Oh well, maybe someone will come to my rescue!

Mikey

Some of us has got it, and some of us ain't, and they tell me I'm plum full of it.

http://www.project-after.com

6 Replies Related Threads

SH
    Max Output Level: -72 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 942
    RE: Record Dimension Pro with SONAR 6 Pro 2007/02/07 19:28:30 (permalink)
    I'm not familiar with the TonePort but I'll give it a try.

When you insert DimPro and the dialogue box opens, check MIDI source, First synth audio out and opyen synth property page.
    Be sure DimPro has a program inserted. The corresponding MIDI track should have the TonePort as input (select Omni) and DimPro for output.
    DimPro track should have Dim as input (the default) and some bus (MASTER) as out.
    Mikey5
    RE: Record Dimension Pro with SONAR 6 Pro 2007/02/07 20:18:08 (permalink)
    SH,

Thanks

I did it exactly as you said and I recorded two tracks with Dimension Pro, bass and violin, and a piano with TT-1! I forgot to say earlier that I'm a guitar player of 42 years and a complete MIDIot...

That was embarassingly easy.

Second question. How do I get rid of the gawd-awful huge reverb thats on every sound on the Dimension Pro? The only thing I've been able to do so far is cut down the wet/dry. I want to do away with it completely and do the effects on mixdown. I have the reverb turned off on the left of the interface but it still blasts unless I turn down the wet/dry.

Mikey
    b rock
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 8717
    RE: Record Dimension Pro with SONAR 6 Pro 2007/02/07 21:03:59 (permalink)
    How do I get rid of the gawd-awful huge reverb thats on every sound on the Dimension Pro?
    There may be a reverb in the Insert FX slot (I think that's what you're seeing 'on the left') for each Element. Cycle through the E1-E4 buttons up top (just below the Program indicator slot) for more Insert FX. Also, check for something else down below. Just above the Elements mixing section at the bottom, toggle that MIX | FX selector, and look for a master loaded Reverb.
    Mikey5
    RE: Record Dimension Pro with SONAR 6 Pro 2007/02/07 22:34:35 (permalink)
    b rock,

Thanks for the speedy reply. I checked everything you said and there was no reverb on. This is on every patch from basses, to strings, to drums, everything! It's driving me crazy. It's such a pronounced reverb is swells like a wave and lasts for about 5 seconds. I don't know where it's coming from

Mikey

Some of us has got it, and some of us ain't, and they tell me I'm plum full of it.

lawapa
    Max Output Level: -68 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1144
    RE: Record Dimension Pro with SONAR 6 Pro 2007/02/07 23:10:57 (permalink)
    Since you've tried to record the sound could you have set up a loop? Not a feedback loop as you don't hear the squeal but something close?

Start a new project and just insert Dpro and see if the sound is normal.
    Mikey5
    RE: Record Dimension Pro with SONAR 6 Pro 2007/02/08 08:21:34 (permalink)
    I've had this since last april and it's got the reverb from the start no matter what...

Mi

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1