Recorded audio drifting

Author
taccess
Max Output Level: -80 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 534
2017/06/10 23:30:32 (permalink)

Recorded audio drifting

Hi I have a Babyface and weird things are happening I am wondering if someone can explain if there are any settings in total mix or win 10 that can help with this .
I am rewire in 2 daws together . When in rewire mode I send midi from daw 1 to daw 2 and the audio from daw 2 comes back to daw 1 . Simple so far . The problem is when I record the audio back to daw 1 it drifts out of sync with the midi notes , this drifting can be anywhere from perfect to 50ms and it's random .
Please if you have any suggestions or a reason why this happens please tell me .

z800 Dual x5690
NvME 256gb 950Pro / Win10
LSI  MegaRaid
Nvidia 450 GTS
96GB 1366MHZ
RME Babyface

3 Replies Related Threads

gswitz
    Max Output Level: -18.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 5694
    Re: Recorded audio drifting 2017/06/11 02:58:11 (permalink)
    clocks sync'd?

StudioCat > I use Windows 10 and Sonar Platinum. I have a touch screen.
    I make some videos. This one shows how to do a physical loopback on the RME UCX to get many more equalizer nodes.
    tlw
    Max Output Level: -49.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2567
    Re: Recorded audio drifting 2017/06/11 03:08:46 (permalink)
    Are both DAWs running on the same computer?

Which DAWs are they and which is rewired into which?

Sonar Platinum 64bit, Windows 8.1 Pro 64bit, I7 3770K Ivybridge, 16GB Ram, Gigabyte Z77-D3H m/board,
    ATI 7750 graphics+ 1GB RAM, 2xIntel 520 series 220GB SSDs, 1 TB Samsung F3 + 1 TB WD HDDs, Seasonic fanless 460W psu, RME Fireface UFX, Focusrite Octopre.
    Assorted real synths, guitars, mandolins, diatonic accordions, percussion, fx and other stuff.
    taccess
    Max Output Level: -80 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 534
    Re: Recorded audio drifting 2017/06/11 03:58:02 (permalink)
    Both daws in the same PC

Platinum is always the master and Fl Studio rewired to it has the drifting problem .

Ableton
    Iam so confused ATM I was using ableton rewired into platinum which has a perfect sync meaning : a) no drifting when sending midi out of platinum to a fl Studio track then recording that audio back into platinum >BUT <the audio from ableton back into platinum would randomly disconnect meaning : when I hit play platinum midi was triggering ableton and ableton was rocking and rolling but ableton audio back into platinum was random silent / even though I can see the ableton track chain sending audio out ( little green lights ) , SO effectively making platinum and ableton rewired useless . Unless someone can help me with this !

Fl Studio
    Now I rewire fl Studio into platinum and it does exactly the opposite , the audio back into platinum is very solid meaning : when I hit playback in platinum audio from fl Studio always comes into platinum Everytime .BUT the audio coming into platinum is drifting by 0-50ms when I : send midi from platinum into fl Studio then that fl Studio track sends the audio back into platinum where I record it with bad drifting and it is not usable Like this.

So to recap 2048 buffers
    1) Ableton perfect sync no record drifting + audio randomly goes silent into platinum ( more so on larger projects )

2) fl Studio perfect sync bad record drifting + audio never disconnect from platinum

How is this possible I feel like there is some little green man siting on my roof playing F$&kn games with me no joke I am so frustrated that I cannot use either in rewire mode when I have put years into platinum ableton and fl Studio . If someone can help me fix either of these issues .

Some test results
    Fl Studio
    When I have the midi data in fl Studio and record that track into platinum there is no drifting , perfect . Soon as the midi data is in platinum and triggers the same fl Studio track which records into platinum BAD drifting .

Ableton
    I have tried to open a new rewire between platinum and ableton to troubleshoot this disconnection and it's hard
    To trigger it until you start adding busses and effects etc . However if you click the space bar / platinum transport fast enough on them off repeatedly it is possible to trigger the disconnection .

Rather than go on if anyone can suggest things for me to further narrow down either problems it will be a huge help thanks .

z800 Dual x5690
    NvME 256gb 950Pro / Win10
    LSI  MegaRaid
    Nvidia 450 GTS
    96GB 1366MHZ
    RME Babyface
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1