Recording DXi outputs

Author
rvannostrand
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 27
2005/06/14 20:26:02 (permalink)

Recording DXi outputs

In SONAR 4 setup, I create 8 MIDI inputs for my MTP/AV and do all the audio setup for my 828mkII. I then create a MIDI track in SONAR and play (and record) my Yamaha P250 Kbrd stuff to a MIDI track in SONAR. I then create an audio track with, say ch1&2 as my audio inputs (my Kbrd's stereo audio output) via the 828mkII. I record my MIDI track to the Audio track and then EXPORT from the File menu to get the mixdown audio (a WAV file), along with any Fx I may use. No problem- a perfectly clean WAV file is created.

Now I do the same thing as above, only I create a blank MIDI and Audio track before recording, and add EDIROL's Orchestrator into the Fx part of the Audio track. I now have another MIDI output available to me- Orchestrator1 (or 2 thru 4). I select this as the output of the MIDI track instead of MTP/AV outputs 1 thru 8, and now I can play back my previously recorded Kbrd MIDI track and hear the Orchestrator's instrument sounds. The audio track shows metering on the screen when I play back the created MIDI file too.

As soon as I arm the audio track and hit record- to record the DXi Orchestrator's instrument sound that's being triggered by my MIDI track, I no longer get any metering on the audio track, even though I hear the Orchestrator's sounds in the MAIN of the 828mkII output on my Mackie 1604. I don't know how to record Orchestrator's output. Does anyone know how to record one or all of the DXi's outputs to a wav file on my HD? I can EXPORT an audio track and get whatever Fx I add, but I don't know how to record the audio track from the DXi.

Thanks-

Richard the feeble-minded

2 Replies Related Threads

Phrauge
    Max Output Level: -19.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 5562
    RE: Recording DXi outputs 2005/06/14 20:28:20 (permalink)
    Turn to page 407 in the S4 manual.
    rvannostrand
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 27
    RE: Recording DXi outputs 2005/06/15 07:38:02 (permalink)
    Thanks for the reply. I finally figured out how to record the DXi output last night. Bless SONAR for making it so easy. I just read Pg. 407 in the manual as suggested and there it was in black and white- the exact steps on how to do this.

Many thanks for the support here in this Forum. It is GREATlY appreciated.

Richard
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1