Recording Time

Author
RobJ
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2
2007/02/17 12:55:13 (permalink)

Recording Time

I need to copy audio "data" from a mini-disc. Would someone be kind enough to share the maximum recording time I can copy for a 1 GB disc in minutes?

Or, is there an easier way to record a data file that will play back as an Mp# or Wav file on the dvd?

Thanks,

Dr. Rob

1 Reply Related Threads

Jimmy C
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 22
    RE: Recording Time 2007/02/17 16:19:26 (permalink)
    The short answer, is I dunno.

Is there a usb or firewire connection on the mini-disc player? If there is, you should be able to transfer it directly to your computer without re-recording it all over again. Or if it comes with a memory card of some sort, there are adapters to transfer files to pcs, etc. Is there any way to read from the mini-disc player what format the file is in and its file size? That might provide a clue.

If you connect the mini-disc player to your computer and re-record it using Pyro (i.e., "Record an audio file") onto your hard drive it will continue recording nonstop as long as you have free hard drive space. Make sure all other apps are closed while your are recording though. When its done, you can then create a dvd from Pyro using that audio file. It should tell you immediately if the audio file you created is too big to fit onto a dvd disc when you try to create the dvd (burn it to disc). If it is too big, you could then convert your new audio file to .mp3 which will signifcantly reduce its file size and you should be able to burn the .mp3 to dvd.

I hope that isn't just muddying the water for you!
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1