Recording on GT Pro3

Author
misterbruce
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2
2005/08/21 17:23:16 (permalink)

Recording on GT Pro3

Brand new here.
What I am doing is recording on a ZOOM MRS-1044 Digital Recorder.
I want to send it to my computer and remix using GT PRO3.

I have got it to that point, VU Meters activate, sound come through, but when I want to record the tracks coming from my Digital Recorder nothing is saved.
I press record, it shows it is operating but it doesn't save it so what the heck is wrong here? DAZED and CONFUZED.

Thanks for your time,

Bruce (That's MisterBruce)

3 Replies Related Threads

montezuma
    Max Output Level: -50 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2520
    RE: Recording on GT Pro3 2005/08/21 17:49:18 (permalink)
    Have you set your playback to that of the soundcard you are using? Quite a few times I have recorded stuff in a new project, gone to play it back and forgotten to set the 'output' to my soundcard. The output panel can be found in the mix view underneath each track's meter. Could be that
    misterbruce
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2
    RE: Recording on GT Pro3 2005/08/24 02:12:18 (permalink)
    Thanks for the Info man! I got that all sorted out. BUT now that I have a real pro here, I want to Pan a lead solo left to right a few times then back to centre. I want to do this in a smooth motion, is it possible to do this with GT Pro? I can't figure out how to do this. When I begin to record the pan reverts to Centre, and if I manually move the Pan dial it does not record this movement. I have spent a lot of time trying to figure this out. Obviously I am not as smart as I look. :-)
    Thanks again for your quick reply and I sure hope you can help on this one, it is vital to my song. I do originals and that effect is in my head if you know what I mean.

Take care,
    Bruce
    duff
    Max Output Level: -87 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 194
    RE: Recording on GT Pro3 2005/08/24 03:31:13 (permalink)
    In the edit view in gtpro you can select a track you have recorded already and right click and choose pan from one of the options available, then you can set the red line to go left or right or in between with a bit of buggering about. ie double clicking on the red line at different points , then , moving the red line in between two red square points.(try it youll see what i mean)

there is a shortcut you can do this with your mouse too .... you have to fiddle about with this though a bit to tricky to explain now.

basically you record your solo or whatever then anable the panning settings afterwards.

hope this helps

regards
    Duff
    post edited by duff - 2005/08/24 03:39:15

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=178231

"one day I will get the hang of this" .....but not anytime soon

bduffin3012@yahoo.co.uk

old crap pc
    old crap 4 track
    couple of old crap guitars
    dodgy guitar leads
    cheap as chips mixer