Recording problems

Author
BillA19
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3
2006/02/09 13:40:07 (permalink)

Recording problems

Need some HELP! I'm using Music Creator Pro 24 with a Soundblaster Audigy 2 soundcard. Here's the problem. I've completed all the midi tracks to the song and now want to record some audio tracks. When I try to record an audio track, such as a microphone, which is plugged into the mic input on the soundcard, it will record that audo track OK, BUT, that audio track also contains all of the music from the other midi tracks. This is also happening even if nothing is plugged into the mic (or input) jacks. I end up with an audio track will all of the other music on it. I'm monitoring the music that's playing through headphones, so the mic isn't picking up music from speakers. It's coming from inside the program and I can't figure out where. I don't have input monitoring enabled, so that's not the problem. It won't pick up the music if I mute all the other tracks, but then I can't follow the song when I sign or play into the audio track, so that's not a solution. What's going on?

3 Replies Related Threads

electroylite
    Max Output Level: -86 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 232
    RE: Recording problems 2006/02/09 14:39:44 (permalink)
    Hey bill, I also used a soundblaster audigy 2 card as well and i think i have the answere for you if i can just remember the soulution...i would be able to varify any answere I gave you if my card had not crapped out on me a few weeks back but i will give it a go.

Check in you sound cards mixer what you have selected for recording. I think you might posibly have to have "line in" or "microphone" or whatever input you are using selected rather than "what you hear". Try the reverse if that dosent work...but that dosent make sense to me (in my head anyhow.)...if that dosent work i might have to think about it somemore or someone smarter than me will help you out...good luck...troy
    post edited by electroylite - 2006/02/09 14:46:16

Motagator:http://www.motagator.net/bands/319/
    MySpace:http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=26880723
    MC4, Winxp home media edition sp2, 920 Pentium D Processor, 2.0GB Mem, 300 GB HD, GNX4
    bargainboy1
    Max Output Level: -80 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 515
    RE: Recording problems 2006/02/10 00:26:54 (permalink)
    Open up the soundblaster controller and turn off "What U Hear."

Jeff
    soul_shadow
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 4
    RE: Recording problems 2006/02/10 12:00:58 (permalink)
    My problem is - when I record i am finding static coupled with the music sound but the levels are all in the green, also the quiet space i leave before the song starts has no evidence of static, but when the sound starts there is static over anything that is recorded. I only notice this problem when in playback not record mode. Im using m-audio delta 44 with audio buddy. Why could this be doing this?

The Quest
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1