LockedReflections on the "Early Access Program"

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
Anderton
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 14070
Re: Can we please avoid silly arguments about "Early Access Program" 2016/04/04 20:28:46 (permalink)
ampfixer
I think we are seeing something I like to call deadline creep. When a plan to execute a strategy starts to lose traction then there is a change to allow more breathing room. But the change has to be done in a way that nobody loses face, and it has to be done in a way that makes it look like it was part of the big plan all along.

This is how I see the early release program. Monthly releases were getting hard to do so now we have almost monthly eleases supplemented by an early release program.

Monthly releases happened like clockwork for over a year. This latest version could have been released during March with a hotfix shortly thereafter and no one would have cared.

The original release was slated much earlier in the month, but there were unexpected issues with the tempo drag and drop. Remember that this feature involves an element that is not under Cakewalk's control.

The early release program was never designed to provide a "fudge factor" for releases. That it happened in this case is coincidence. 

The first 3 books in "The Musician's Guide to Home Recording" series are available from Hal Leonard and http://www.reverb.com. Listen to my music on http://www.YouTube.com/thecraiganderton, and visit http://www.craiganderton.com. Thanks!
RD9
Max Output Level: -87 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 154
Re: Can we please avoid silly arguments about "Early Access Program" 2016/04/04 21:15:16 (permalink)

John
"Don't be afraid to call it a beta"? 
 It isn't a beta so it shouldn't be called that. All you are doing is confusing the definition of terms. That is not helpful. 

Since there are several types of Beta testing (see link below) the use of the word Beta is likely to be ambiguous without modifiers such as "Post Release" or "Open".  However, even then one can probably find variations within these terms.  I don't know if anyone has codified the different types so it is probably easiest to refer to it as the EAP but someone might find the correct software development term and enlighten us.  It probably varies from company to company.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Software_release_life_cycle
FanCake
Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 58
Re: Can we please avoid silly arguments about "Early Access Program" 2016/04/04 21:36:02 (permalink)
Some extremely sensible opinions being expressed here and a fairly calm and polite discussion. I hope you are listening and taking notes...... John. I assume this has been moved to another forum to avoid further embarrassment.
jb101
Max Output Level: -46 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2946
Re: Can we please avoid silly arguments about "Early Access Program" 2016/04/05 04:51:35 (permalink)
Back to your old games, Shirley.

Didn't take you long for you to break cover. 😊

Sonar Platinum
FanCake
Re: Can we please avoid silly arguments about "Early Access Program" 2016/04/05 08:15:35 (permalink)
And now this bloke again accusing me once again being somebody else. There appears to be a lot of good and interesting people here, but the crazies obviously want to kill this forum by attacking people they feel they don't like. This thread serves as a very good example. Out of here... completely this time. Not a nice place to be. Aggression everywhere.
FanCake
Re: Can we please avoid silly arguments about "Early Access Program" 2016/04/05 11:22:09 (permalink)
In true Colombo style, just one last thing before I go, I notice the OP has edited the opening post and the subject title. Whilst I'm pretty sure it was done for the right reasons and no harm was intended, the effect is that some of the comments here have become totally out of context. Perhaps I'm now looking like a muck spreader, although it should be noted I have been fully on side with Cakewalk throughout; if I hadn't have been it's a sad fact I would have been banned ages ago.

So with that adieu, I'll let the rest of you, and you know who you are, get on with your "silly" conspiracy theories, negativity, rudeness, obsessive McCarthism, and egotistical self-righteousness. Flaming at the expensive of people who simply want to express middle of the road opinions, does not make a happy and productive forum. I have now had to cope with several threads like this.

It is now clear in my head why these trolls are frequenting these forums so often, they are just playing on your paranoia and bad nature until you end up like them. It's so simple, change your attitude, embrace people for who they are, and try to be a lot more positive rather than be obsessed with what you regard as right or wrong.

I'll keep using Sonar anyway...
John T
Max Output Level: -7.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 6783
Re: Can we please avoid silly arguments about "Early Access Program" 2016/04/05 14:53:12 (permalink)
FanCake
So with that adieu, I'll let the rest of you, and you know who you are, get on with your "silly" conspiracy theories, negativity, rudeness, obsessive McCarthism, and egotistical self-righteousness.

Cheers. I've been dying to get on with some "silly" conspiracy theories, negativity, rudeness, obsessive McCarthism, and egotistical self-righteousness, all day. Didn't feel I could til now.

http://johntatlockaudio.com/
Self-build PC // 16GB RAM // i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz // Nofan 0dB cooler // ASUS P8-Z77 V Pro motherboard // Intel x-25m SSD System Drive // Seagate RAID Array Audio Drive // Windows 10 64 bit // Sonar Platinum (64 bit) // Sonar VS-700 // M-Audio Keystation Pro 88 // KRK RP-6 Monitors // and a bunch of other stuff
Seth Kellogg [Cakewalk]
Administrator
  • Total Posts : 814
Re: Can we please avoid silly arguments about "Early Access Program" 2016/04/05 15:21:04 (permalink)

FanCake
And now this bloke again accusing me once again being somebody else. There appears to be a lot of good and interesting people here, but the crazies obviously want to kill this forum by attacking people they feel they don't like. This thread serves as a very good example. Out of here... completely this time. Not a nice place to be. Aggression everywhere.

Well, if you're not trying to be someone else why would you go through the trouble of using Tor Proxies to access these forums? Though before using Tor, you had an IP address registered to the same ISP and neighborhood of a user who had been banned multiple times for general disruption, thread derailment, and arguing with moderators. This is the same user you're being accused of being by other forum users.

The stated individual also tended to always need the last word in. . . 

FanCake
In true Colombo style, just one last thing before I go, I notice the OP has edited the opening post and the subject title. Whilst I'm pretty sure it was done for the right reasons and no harm was intended, the effect is that some of the comments here have become totally out of context. Perhaps I'm now looking like a muck spreader, although it should be noted I have been fully on side with Cakewalk throughout; if I hadn't have been it's a sad fact I would have been banned ages ago.

So with that adieu, I'll let the rest of you, and you know who you are, get on with your "silly" conspiracy theories, negativity, rudeness, obsessive McCarthism, and egotistical self-righteousness. Flaming at the expensive of people who simply want to express middle of the road opinions, does not make a happy and productive forum. I have now had to cope with several threads like this.

It is now clear in my head why these trolls are frequenting these forums so often, they are just playing on your paranoia and bad nature until you end up like them. It's so simple, change your attitude, embrace people for who they are, and try to be a lot more positive rather than be obsessed with what you regard as right or wrong.

I'll keep using Sonar anyway...

Speaking of - Throwing out various accusations towards other users isn't a great way to garner sympathy. It's pretty clear this thread was fine until you declared it silly and insinuated the OP was trying to police the forums. It's odd for drama to follow someone who claims to have 'middle of the road' opinions, especially in just over a month of posting.

From here:http://forum.cakewalk.com/FindPost/3388212

FanCake
They[Cakewalk] did mention that multiple user accounts are against policy here and my time here is limited. So I suspect they still think I'm a troll. The only defense I have is please have a look at my posts.

Regardless I'm not going out fighting/complaining and moaning about it because that will obviously validate their suspicions. It's their forums after all, they made a polite request, I have politely refused, and all is well whatever happens.

We have looked at your posts and we'll politely ask you to leave now.

Best Regards,
Seth
RD9
Max Output Level: -87 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 154
Re: Can we please avoid silly arguments about "Early Access Program" 2016/04/05 19:20:11 (permalink)
I apologise to all for starting this Thread.  It was born out of my frustration with the extraneous arguments that so often hijack useful discussions on this Forum.  Well, I guess the outcome was a lesson for me.

CW; Feel free to lock this thread or delete it if appropriate.

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1