Refunds From Cakewalk

Author
tom3160
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 38
2008/09/12 20:58:40 (permalink)

Refunds From Cakewalk

I realize that I am new to this product and new to this forum but I'm not new to software, PC's and a lot of other technology. That said I want to know if anybody has ever asked for a refund from Cakewalk. The claims that this product is easy to use is totally unjustified. I am 9 or 10 hours into this product and still cannot figure out how to open a midi file with say 5 tracks in it, play it back while recording my guitar over it in audio. Mix the midi and the audio down to audio and export to an MP3.

I've been through tutorials on softsynth TTS stuff and the like and at every pass there's something else. Sometimes I don't see my audio card in the list of drivers, sometimes when I start the program MC 4 profiles my hardware and shows the audio card and my PreSonus box. Sometime it only shows the PreSonus box, sometimes just the audio card. Sometimes you get audio out the PC speakers, sometimes you don't. This amazes me. Small things like you cannot use ALT-TAB to go from the help file to the MC 4 GUI you have to explicitly minimize the help window. People, there's money to be made here its called make a DAW that you can do 80% of what it is you want to do in 20 minutes after you install it. Oh and by the way Steinberg's no easier that's why I bought MC 4 I was hoping.

Sorry for the rant but I get so little free time I'd rather be struggling with playing well over my song rather than getting this to work. Oh isn't that the claim by the way.

28 Replies Related Threads

57Gregy
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 14404
    RE: Refunds From Cakewalk 2008/09/12 21:53:52 (permalink)
    Well, it can be a pain, sometimes. But I was able to record (audio) within a half hour or so of the install, so in that respect, their claim was valid for me. There were some set-up issues to make it work at it's best, and I eventually overcame them, with help. But I wasn't trying to do everything you're trying to do. I barely knew what MIDI was.
    It's unlikely that you'll get any kind of refund from Cakewalk, or any software, for that matter.
    Describe exactly what you are trying to do, and how you're trying to do it. List your computer specs (speed, RAM, OS) in your signature at the bottom as well as your hardware.
    I am a relative computer novice, but I can import MIDI and audio, and record along with it, so there's something in your set-up that's amiss.
    Disable the onboard sound card.
    post edited by 57Gregy - 2008/09/13 00:18:52

Greg 
    I am selling my MIM Fender Stratocaster HSS, red and black. PM for more details.

Music Creator 2003, MC Pro 24, SONAR Home Studio 6 XL, SONAR  X3e, CbB, Focusrite Saffire, not enough space.
    Everything is better with pie. 

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=609446
    http://www.reverbnation.com/#!/gregfields 
    RobertB
    • Total Posts : 11256
    RE: Refunds From Cakewalk 2008/09/12 22:40:46 (permalink)
    Copy that. MC4 is relatively easy to use, but it is still a fairly sophisticated program.
    If you are using the Presonus, you should not be getting sound from your PC speakers at all.
    The initial setup is the worst part, and we can help with that. It's not as easy as the marketing hype would have you believe, but it is doable. Once you get your legs under you, it can be smooth sailing.
    As you noted, Steinberg, Cakewalk, it's all got a learning curve. We have a great crew here, and we will help you in any way we can.

My Soundclick Page
    SONAR Professional, X3eStudio,W7 64bit, AMD Athlon IIx4 2.8Ghz, 4GB RAM, 64bit, AKAI EIE Pro, Nektar Impact LX61,Alesis DM6,Alesis ControlPad,Yamaha MG10/2,Alesis M1Mk2 monitors,Samson Servo300,assorted guitars,Lava Lamp

Shimozu-Kushiari or Bob
    Robomusic
    • Total Posts : 8943
    RE: Refunds From Cakewalk 2008/09/12 23:15:53 (permalink)
    I suggest you come here and post a time that you can be here and others can set aside time to help. We ahve a chat box over at my site, and you can log in and someone can maybe talk you through it a bit faster than posting alone can. At teh bottom of my post is the link to music town, go there register and then let us know some times you can be there.

I'd Seize the day but i can't quite reach it!

http://www.acidplanet.com/artist.asp?AID=33477&T=1260
    Music Town
    tom3160
    RE: Refunds From Cakewalk 2008/09/13 00:36:01 (permalink)
    OK first thanks. I want to take a midi file, in my case I downloaded somebody's version of Water Mellon Man. I stripped this down to just bass, drums and keyboards and I cloned the keyboard track and reassigned the sound to a "marimba". These are all midi tracks. I can listen to these tracks through my PC speakers via my sound card (on-board sound disabled). I can record my guitar coming in through my PreSonus box into my 1384 card. It took a while to figure out how to get my guitar sound to playback out of both sides (L / R) but I got that. So I hear the guitar out of my headphone jack of the PreSonus box and the midi tracks out of my PC speakers. I would like to hear the midi tracks and the guitar track out of one place so I can mix it. Then I want to take the mix and export it to MP3.

Tom - PreSonus Inspire 1394, Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 3Ghz, SoundBlaster Audiology (24 bit), XP Pro(SP3), 2 GIG Ram, Music Creator 5, Warmoth Strat, Les Paul, ES135 and a Warmoth Tele.
    Robomusic
    • Total Posts : 8943
    RE: Refunds From Cakewalk 2008/09/13 01:53:51 (permalink)
    Go to options/midi devices, and make sure that the midi output is the presonus inspire 1394

Next click the synth rack, and add TTS to the rack and then output the midi tracks to TTS

I'd Seize the day but i can't quite reach it!

http://www.acidplanet.com/artist.asp?AID=33477&T=1260
    Music Town
    Beagle
    • Total Posts : 50621
    RE: Refunds From Cakewalk 2008/09/13 07:36:30 (permalink)
    So I hear the guitar out of my headphone jack of the PreSonus box and the midi tracks out of my PC speakers. I would like to hear the midi tracks and the guitar track out of one place so I can mix it.

yes - you need to get this to happen because you'll have many problems if you don't. you need to have your everything coming from the presonus only. do what Robo says above but also do this:
    go to OPTIONS>AUDIO>DRIVERS
    UNCHECK anything that doesn't say PRESONUS on it. uncheck your soundblaster and your onboard soundcard - leave ONLY the PRESONUS stuff checked.
    then go to: OPTIONS>AUDIO>GENERAL and make sure the presonus is checked on the RECORDING and PLAYBACK TIMING MASTERS and make sure there's nothing else checked - only the presonus.

THEN do what Rob says above. to get MIDI to sound out of the presonus, you need to insert the TTS-1.

http://soundcloud.com/beaglesound/sets/featured-songs-1
    i7, 16G DDR3, Win10x64, MOTU Ultralite Hybrid MK3
    Yamaha MOXF6, Hammond XK3c, other stuff.
    tom3160
    RE: Refunds From Cakewalk 2008/09/13 08:51:40 (permalink)
    I have my drivers for input and output to set to the Presonus. The Playback and Recording timing masters are Presonus. In the advanced tab of audio options I have ASIO selected. After doing this I click OK, exit and open up CW4 and my project and verify this is all the same. Now if I click on track properties of any of my midi tracks and look at my options for output the ony options I'm presented with are Creative SoundFont Synth and Microsoft GS Wavetable GS Synth? I don't have an option of the Presonus card here?

Tom - PreSonus Inspire 1394, Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 3Ghz, SoundBlaster Audiology (24 bit), XP Pro(SP3), 2 GIG Ram, Music Creator 5, Warmoth Strat, Les Paul, ES135 and a Warmoth Tele.
    Guitarhacker
    • Total Posts : 24398
    RE: Refunds From Cakewalk 2008/09/13 09:28:11 (permalink)
    TOM.... I feel your pain..... I wish I had my system going in 10 hours....man...no lie...I messed with this thing for 7...yes SEVEN days before I got it to work...then it took another couple of days for me to get the midi working.

I hope most people are faster at comprehending than I am...BUT... I have it now, I understand quite a bit, and I can assure you that once you "get it" everything will be OK again. There is a learning curve as some have pointed out. Stick with it, and we here can assist you on your quest for the perfect recording.

OK enough of that ..... All good advice above..... I have a web site that I set up to assist people in working with TTS, SFZ, and midi. It's a basic tutorial in "musician speak"......designed to be easily understood by musicians, as opposed to engineers. Go to www.herbhartley.com and navigate to the music page> MC4 tips.... and go through it one step at a time. The tutorial starts with a new project and walks you through inserting TTS and getting 3 midi tracks to play.... let us know ...afterwards...if you have additional questions..... good luck, and good playing to you.
    post edited by Guitarhacker - 2008/09/13 09:29:36

My website & music: www.herbhartley.com

MC4/5/6/X1e.c, on a Custom DAW   
    Focusrite Firewire Saffire Interface

BMI/NSAI

"Just as the blade chooses the warrior, so too, the song chooses the writer 
    Beagle
    RE: Refunds From Cakewalk 2008/09/13 10:05:18 (permalink)
    Tom - Herb's right - just use the TTS-1 and you can follow his tutorial there on his website.

as far as the options for the output - you should go to OPTIONS>MIDI DEVICES and I would strongly suggest unchecking CREATIVE SOUNDBLASTER and MS GS Wavetable because the TTS-1 has much better sounds than either of those options. you should also have an option there to check the presonus MIDI INPUT and OUTPUT so that you can hook up a MIDI keyboard to it.

57Gregy
    RE: Refunds From Cakewalk 2008/09/13 14:18:37 (permalink)
    Yes, you have to use the 'Insert>Soft Synth' menu at the top to open the TTS-1, otherwise it won't be available as an output option.
    Disable the onboard sound card.
    I know I wrote that before, and you wrote that it's disabled, but it shouldn't be selectable if it's disabled. Unless you're having a conflict of some kind, the like of which caused me to have to delete my onboard sound card's program to keep it away from MC.

Greg 
    I am selling my MIM Fender Stratocaster HSS, red and black. PM for more details.

Music Creator 2003, MC Pro 24, SONAR Home Studio 6 XL, SONAR  X3e, CbB, Focusrite Saffire, not enough space.

tom3160
    RE: Refunds From Cakewalk 2008/09/13 19:49:05 (permalink)
    Some questions for clarification. When you suggest disable the onboard sound card do you mean via Music Creator or like in my PC BIOS? I have disabled any notion of my sound card within the GUI of Music Creator. My mother board has an "on board" sound chip which has been disabled in favor of my add on soundBlaster sound card. I also disabled the 2 options for midi output under Options/Midi Devices which had to do with my sound card and the Microsoft GS table. I assume you want to do this?

When you insert SoftSynths via Insert/Softsynth/TTS there are some options that I do not know what they "really" mean and the tutorial and help files shed very little light on the check boxes. Once you do this I get 4 softsynth tracks and only 4. Is there a one-to-one correspondence between MIDI channels that you want to output to a Softsynth channel and the soft synth channel. Also is this the correct terminology to say that one is outputting the midi channel to a soft synth.

When you view the softsynth "consol'/"mixing board" called Cakewalk TTS there are 16 channels most labeled piano 1. When you sample this by clicking on the little music note at the bottom you hear a wonderful (I mean great) piano sound. After you "fiddle around" you find out how to change piano to marimba, bass whatever and each of these have fantastic sounds. So my question here is can you eventually feed your MIDI track into this TTS-1 thing and have these great sounds to play your midi part?

57Gregy
    RE: Refunds From Cakewalk 2008/09/13 21:06:28 (permalink)
    One instance of TTS-1 will accept input from 16 MIDI channels.
    What sound the TTS-1 makes depends on what patch you have in the MIDI tracks being output to the TTS-1. The default is piano, so if the MIDI track has no patch and channel selected, you will hear a piano.
    Each MIDI track has to be on a different channel; if you have 2 or more using the same channel, they will all sound the same, regardless of the patch you have for each. Channels are important.
    Most of the options in the TTS-1 menu can be left alone, but I uncheck the one that says 'create a MIDI source track' because I usually have the track already created.
    So you have the Presonus and a Sound Blaster going at the same time? You disabled the onboard sound card when you installed the SB? You did that in the 'control panel>sounds and audio devices' page, I presume. Is there a reason that you want to use both? One reason could be to use the SB as your MIDI device, for MC or gaming.
    If you use the SB as your primary MIDI device, then the TTS-1 could be redundant, until you look for a better sounding instrument. Make sure you use the WDM driver mode if you want to use the Presonus and the SB (options>audio>driver mode>WDM/KS).
    I used to use a SB Extigy, and it worked well, but I upgraded to a newer device that can use ASIO drivers, which are arguably better.
    Using the SB for MIDI: create MIDI track, record with a MIDI keyboard or controller, or enter notes using the mouse in the piano roll view or staff view. Select patch and channel, and direct the output of the MIDI data to the SB's synth.
    Using TTS-1 for MIDI: same as above, except you have to insert the soft synth, and direct the MIDI track's output to the TTS-1.
    If it were me, I'd disconnect the SB altogether and use the Presonus and it's ASIO driver and soft synths. That way all your sounds can be heard with the same speakers or headphones. Unless you want to get a mixer as well, and run the audio outputs of the Presonus and the SB through it. Another advantage of using soft synths is the ease of converting your MIDI/soft synth output to an audio track. Oh, man, did I just create more confusion? You have to convert the MIDI to audio? Well, you don't have to, but if your project is completely in the audio realm, it will be easier to burn to a CD or convert the project to MP3 for posting/emailing.
    I've kinda been jumping around in this post, so if there are any questions with it, I'll try to be more concise next time.
    My sound card problem: When I bought this computer new 2 years ago, I had problems with my Extigy and the onboard RealTek HD audio card. Sometimes everything worked perfectly, other times there were anomalies, and then-nothing worked! No sound at all. A few days of trying to troubleshoot the thing resulted in me removing the Realtek program from the computer completely (the support guy from India asked if the Windows recorder worked, I said "yes" and he replied "use the recorder, it's a good recorder") . The only minor problem since the deletion was when I upgraded to my current Focusrite Saffire I had to run the firmware update a couple times before it took. No problems now.

Greg 

Guitarhacker
    RE: Refunds From Cakewalk 2008/09/13 21:42:14 (permalink)
    TOM... I copied this from my site : When you set your project with these parameters, notice the channel numbers...this is the number of the channel IN TTS that your sending to....so after setting this up, if you now open the synth view...you will see the piano (which is default as Greg said) in channel 1 ...the bass in channel 2, and the strings in channel 3.

Yes.... the midi track is "assigned" to a specific channel in TTS....you can have 16 (max) midi tracks assigned to channels in TTS..each can have a unique patch, and each will play through the channel in TTS.

If you follow the set up I detailed on my site...you should have a good start on understanding TTS. There are a number of options....and as you begin to understand TTS feel free to explore them.... there are several different "layers" to TTS...it's a very capable synth....my goal on my site is to get you started....and if you follow this info it will work and get you started.
    I've included some notes to maybe help a bit...questions...post again...

Set Track 1 (piano)

Input FR channel 6 input is my focusrite saffire recieving on midi channel 6 from my yamaha keyboard.
    Output 2-Cakewalk TTS1-1 output of this track is sent to TTS
    Channel 1 the data is sent to TTS channel 1
    Key 0 key is neutral C=C D=D ect...
    Bank & patch = piano two seperate windows...choose the bank & patch to give you piano

Set track 2 (bass)

Input FR channel 6 same...
    Output 2-Cakewalk TTS1-1 same....
    Channel 2 the data is sent to TTS channel 2
    Key -12 notice this key is set to -12...that moves the patch pitch down 12 half steps OR one octave down...for better bass sound
    Bank & patch = bass

Set track 3 (strings)

Input FR channel 6
    Output 2 Cakewalk TTS1-1
    Channel 3
    Key 0
    Bank & patch = strings

BMI/NSAI

tom3160
    RE: Refunds From Cakewalk 2008/09/13 22:10:41 (permalink)
    Thanks this is all great stuff. I will have to absorb it and then go through it. In answer to some of Greg's questions I disabled my mother board sound card in my PC BIOS settings, basically its gone for good unless I go through BIOS setup again but there's no need since I have the SoundBlaster. I did disable the sound blaster only within MC 4 so to speak not in any Windows control panel places. I don't want to do this since my sons use this PC for gaming and want to hear sound.

From what I'm gathering here is that I will be using PreSonus box to record my guitar while listening to the tracks I'm recording over, through the Presonus box as well. I would like to and it seems possible to have the option once I figure out how, to jump back to the sound card and my PC speakers to use when mixing down all of my recorded audio tracks. I don't want to buy a set of reference monitors to support the playback/monitoring via the PreSonus box at this point as I have just built the PC from Newegg parts.

Both Greg and Herb's instructions should be included in the MC 4 help files. When I look at this forum and all the really nice and helpful people pitching in to help each other its great. If I were CEO of Cakewalk I would be verifying the instructions on this forum then using all this information in my product manual, help files and FAQ pages. Of course only after paying some royalties to the real contributors.

Thanks again !

Guitarhacker
    RE: Refunds From Cakewalk 2008/09/13 22:37:40 (permalink)
    that would put us out of a job...we enjoy doing this.....

BTW: I use a Dell laptop, and I have NOT shut off the sound card in the computer. I play Itunes on this machine and it uses the internal soundcard to do that, as well as the other computer noises....

I have a Focusrite Saffire and when I open MC4, it looks for the Saffire. If it doesn't find it, I get warnings that there are no audio & midi drivers loaded and I can not hear the projects.....but that's OK for me. I want this system to work this way.....so it is possible to have both soundcards working....each doing it's specific job.

Just don't expect the soundcards to be interchangable and they'll probably co-exist just fine.

BMI/NSAI

Freeze1st
    Max Output Level: -66 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1213
    RE: Refunds From Cakewalk 2008/09/13 22:54:48 (permalink)
    19 Post as of my count doesn't make you "NEW". I'm sure you will find help here on the forums, but posting refund stuff and all that crap will not make you very popular around here. Just thought I would mention that. I'm probably the Number 1 in the most hated field. That's cool though, because I am honest above all else whatever it might cost me!

Good luck and best wishes!

Bobby

MC4,Bossbr1600,Maudio2496,Vista HP, Stinger Electric Guitar,New York Pro Bass, MXL V67
    RobertB
    RE: Refunds From Cakewalk 2008/09/13 23:30:03 (permalink)
    Tom,
    Welcome to the world of MIDI. This is probably radically different from anything you have dealt with before, but there is a logic to it. You mentioned that you are familiar with software, PC's and other technology. That will be a plus. It looks like you have a gut level understanding of signal flow, and this is important. If you can get a handle on signal flow, that's half the battle.
    I'm going to dissect your last post, and try and answer your questions one-by-one. You have received lots of information here, and hopefully this will add some clarity.

When you suggest disable the onboard sound card do you mean via Music Creator or like in my PC BIOS?

You can disable your sound card(s) in Windows Device Manager. The drivers for the Soundblaster are very aggresive, and the on-board sound card is probably already disabled. If you have signs of a conflict, the Soundblaster can be disabled in Device Manager as well.

I also disabled the 2 options for midi output under Options/Midi Devices which had to do with my sound card and the Microsoft GS table. I assume you want to do this?

Yes.
    The fact that you can access the Soundblaster synth is not a conflict. Even though the AD/DA converters of the sound card(s) are not being used, the synths are available to MC4, which is why you see them as MIDI Output options. They are not a good choice, however, as they are subject to latency due to some routing issues.

Once you do this I get 4 softsynth tracks and only 4.

It looks like you inserted TTS-1 with "All Synth Audio Outputs:Stereo" selected. This is a more advanced feature, and in time it can be useful. For now it adds complication that you don't need to try and absorb. You may want to delete that instance of TTS-1, and insert it with "First Synth Audio Output" checked. This will send all 16 channels to 1 audio output.
    Edit: It would probably be easier to start a new project, and insert TTS-1 with only one audio output.

Is there a one-to-one correspondence between MIDI channels that you want to output to a Softsynth channel and the soft synth channel.

Yes.
    You can have up to 16 MIDI tracks feeding signal to 1 instance of TTS-1. Each MIDI track output must be assigned to a different channel, corresponding with the channels shown on the TTS-! GUI.

Also is this the correct terminology to say that one is outputting the midi channel to a soft synth.

Yes.This where the signal flow comes in.
    The following screen shot illustrates the signal flow for TTS-1(or any soft synth for that matter)

The output from the MIDI track goes to the soft synth.
    The audio track you see(with the soft synth name and the keyboard icon) is actually the audio output from the synth. This is where the sound produced by the synth comes back to MC4, and can be treated as a normal audio track.
    In this screen shot, the Axiom is a controller, which you may/may not have.
    When you view the softsynth "consol'/"mixing board" called Cakewalk TTS there are 16 channels most labeled piano 1
    Until you have given it further instruction, all channels of TTS-1 will default to Bank 0, Patch 0, which happens to be piano. Except channel 10, which is percussion.
    Read this Wikipedia article.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/General_MIDI_Level_2
    TTS-1 is a General MIDI 2 synth, which means it supports an extended set of 256 different sounds (patches). I would encourage you to print the table from the article. It shows where to find the different sounds, and how they relate to each other.
    The patch numbers are off by 1 because the MIDI standard starts counting at 1, but the computer starts counting at 0.
    So my question here is can you eventually feed your MIDI track into this TTS-1 thing and have these great sounds to play your midi part?

Yes. Once you get the hang of it, you can send the output from the MIDI track to the various channels in TTS-1, or to different synths.
    Get a grip on routing, and you have an immensely huge pallette of sounds available.

post edited by RobertB - 2008/09/14 09:52:54

My Soundclick Page
    SONAR Professional, X3eStudio,W7 64bit, AMD Athlon IIx4 2.8Ghz, 4GB RAM, 64bit, AKAI EIE Pro, Nektar Impact LX61,Alesis DM6,Alesis ControlPad,Yamaha MG10/2,Alesis M1Mk2 monitors,Samson Servo300,assorted guitars,Lava Lamp

Shimozu-Kushiari or Bob
    RobertB
    RE: Refunds From Cakewalk 2008/09/13 23:59:12 (permalink)
    Bobby,
    Hey man, he was a bit frustrated, but seems to be getting a leg up.
    As you well know, it's not as easy as it says on the box. Heck, my hairline receded an inch the first year of learning it.

My Soundclick Page

Shimozu-Kushiari or Bob
    Beagle
    RE: Refunds From Cakewalk 2008/09/14 09:01:07 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: RobertB
    As you well know, it's not as easy as it says on the box. Heck, my hairline receded an inch the first year of learning it.

MUST...........NOT.............COMMENT!!!!! ARRRRRGGGGHHH!!!!!

Nutty
    Max Output Level: -54.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2056
    RE: Refunds From Cakewalk 2008/09/14 10:52:33 (permalink)

Read this Wikipedia article. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/General_MIDI_Level_2 TTS-1 is a General MIDI 2 synth, which means it supports an extended set of 256 different sounds (patches). I would encourage you to print the table from the article. It shows where to find the different sounds, and how they relate to each other. The patch numbers are off by 1 because the MIDI standard starts counting at 1, but the computer starts counting at 0.

This is new to me or I read about a long time ago and have forgotten. You just doubled my chances of find the right midi sound I need. Thank you. I printed the chart off as well. With the reference to the patch numbers being off by 1, does that mean I have to subract 1 from the numbers given on the list?

Thanks.

Annette

Nutty /Annette
    http://www.soundclick.com/atmmusic
    Using: Sonar 8 Studio; Band in a Box; PreSonus Firebox; M-Audio Axiom 25; Mics: Audio Technica ATM610, MXL 990/991; M-Audio Studiophile AV 30 Reference Speakers and many guitars
    RobertB
    RE: Refunds From Cakewalk 2008/09/14 15:24:07 (permalink)
    Yes, Annette, but for our purposes, it's not terribly important. All of the valid patches are conveniently named for us. Some of the names are changed, and knowing the patch # can help identify them. If you are counting through the list, just count as you normally would, starting with 1.
    You may have already noticed that most of the patches in banks 1-4 are variations on the patch as it appears in bank 0.
    For instance, let's look at patch 6, because it is one of the few that has a sound in all 5 banks. Keep the TTS-1 GUI onscreen while you do this.
    In bank 0, TTS-1 calls it E.Piano 2. Not very descriptive. The chart shows us it should be a Chorused Electric piano.
    Play a few notes.
    Now, change the bank to Preset Normal 2. The patch changes to E. Piano 2 v, or Electric Piano 2 Variation. Note also that TTS-1 shows the change.
    Play a few notes. Hear the difference? Now change to banks (Preset Normal) 3 and 4. You should hear variations in each.
    Now, change to bank 6 (Preset Normal 6). There is no patch 6 in bank6, so you see only a number 5 (subtracting 1) in the track view.
    Note also that TTS-1 now shows E. Piano 2 again (patch 6 from bank 0).
    If you have selected a higher bank # and see only a patch #, not a name, TTS-1 will default to bank 0, because there is nothing there.
    Hope that helps.

My Soundclick Page

Shimozu-Kushiari or Bob
    Nutty
    Max Output Level: -54.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2056
    RE: Refunds From Cakewalk 2008/09/14 16:01:27 (permalink)
    Yes RobertB,

That helps a lot. I guess I've always read "stick wth omni for now", so that's what I've done. It took forever before I was advised that there was a preset for drums. I remember reading that most of those presets were empty so, I never got curious or ventured out past omni and the drums. I'm not one of those people who run and push all the buttons to see what they are and what they do That how kids seem to approach it and they know so much about computers, games etc. They are not intimidated like me I guess. I was never a kid, even growing up, so maybe it is time to break free!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks again.

Annette

Nutty /Annette
    http://www.soundclick.com/atmmusic
    Using: Sonar 8 Studio; Band in a Box; PreSonus Firebox; M-Audio Axiom 25; Mics: Audio Technica ATM610, MXL 990/991; M-Audio Studiophile AV 30 Reference Speakers and many guitars
    tom3160
    RE: Refunds From Cakewalk 2008/09/15 20:33:29 (permalink)
    Thank you all once again. I really appreciate the help.

RobertB
    RE: Refunds From Cakewalk 2008/09/15 20:59:36 (permalink)
    Glad to help, Tom.
    Ask any questions you may have. You are vicariously helping others, because they are watching, looking for the same answers.

My Soundclick Page

Shimozu-Kushiari or Bob
    Freeze1st
    RE: Refunds From Cakewalk 2008/09/15 21:18:04 (permalink)

Bobby,
    Hey man, he was a bit frustrated, but seems to be getting a leg up.

Your right RobertB. I shouldn't have posted that. Something I need to work on is the quick response. LOL, to be honest with you whoever the mods are they have been very understanding with me and to that I must say thanks.

MC4,Bossbr1600,Maudio2496,Vista HP, Stinger Electric Guitar,New York Pro Bass, MXL V67
    57Gregy
    RE: Refunds From Cakewalk 2008/09/15 21:54:00 (permalink)
    You mean we got moderators?

Greg 

RobertB
    RE: Refunds From Cakewalk 2008/09/15 22:27:18 (permalink)
    Yeah, but they let us jump on the furniture, as long as we don't break anything.

My Soundclick Page

Shimozu-Kushiari or Bob
    Freeze1st
    RE: Refunds From Cakewalk 2008/09/15 23:38:13 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: 57Gregy

You mean we got moderators?

I think we do, if we don't then all bets are off, it's time to do some DAMAGE!!!!!!!! SERIOUSLY, bad spelling and all I am only KIDDING. I wanted to throw water balloons at a couple of users but I figured the mods might ban me if I did.

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1