Regarding loops in Rapture and Dim Pro

Author
mmarsh
Max Output Level: -87 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 155
2007/04/11 12:48:55 (permalink)

Regarding loops in Rapture and Dim Pro

Hello All -

This is a follow-up on earlier posts about using your own .wav files in Rapture (and the same applies to Dim Pro throughout this post). I was wondering how to get Rapture to loop on a segment of the .wav file, rather than loop the entire thing. This allows sampling something with a special attack, then looping infinitely on the 'body' of the sample.

Rene's reply to my query led me to believe that Rapture looks at the looping information contained in the .wav file itself. Others suggested that I could accomplish the same thing using an sfz file and opcodes (that worked). But I was intrigued by Rene's comment so I investigated further.

I have some samples of my MOTM (biggy analog modular synth) that I did for a now-defunct sample vendor. These were edited with sample/looping info in the .wav file. I imported one of these into Rapture and *voila* it looped like I expected! Hurray!

To get the info into a .wav file you need a wave editor like Audition or SoundForge. Each has its own way of adding loop info, but the basic procedure is to identify a segment of the loop that when played repeatedly sounds good (no clicks or discontinuities). That's tricky for some complex waveforms, by the way. Once the segment is identified you then use markers to tell the editor that this is the looping portion. Once you save the file with these markers added, things work hunky-dory in Rapture.

If I figure out how to post MP3's I'll post an example, and maybe even a looping .wav file...

Mike

0 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1