Remix - Colab with Scotty & Jonas

Author
Psalmist35
Max Output Level: -61 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1471
2011/09/14 09:13:16 (permalink)

Remix - Colab with Scotty & Jonas

Hello everyone! 

I haven't been around much and I certaingly haven't posted anything in some time.  Some of you may recall a song I posted of my friend Giles singing "Alas and Did My Savior Bleed".  Well, back in early April I was working on a remix of the song when a string of tornadoes reaked havoc in my community.  Since this time I have been working on construction repairs to my home.  Needless to say, I am very stressed but, almost finished with my house.

Anyway, I asked Scotty to offer an Acoustic guitar part and Jonas was gracious enough to offer several Accordian tracks.  This mix was finished two weeks ago but I just haven't had any time to post the song.  I'm not completly happy with my vocal track.  There are many things I don't like about my voice.  Unfortunately, I just don't have any time right now to redo it.

Thanks to Scotty & Jonas for your contributions. I hope you like it. 

BTW, the other song is still up for comparison. Click the link below.

Rich

George Foreman Grill; Ginsu knifes; Clapper; Home Grown Intel i7 -6700K 16G Ram; Sonar Platinum; MOTU 896HD; Tascam US2400; 

My Music

10 Replies Related Threads

Guitarhacker
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 24398
    Re:Remix - Colab with Scotty & Jonas 2011/09/14 13:36:14 (permalink)
    Nice.... I like the penny whistle and acoustic. 

very pleasant listen. 

I don't see a major issue with the vox.... we all think our own singing is less then perfect.... 

Glad to hear the recover down there is about complete. 

My website & music: www.herbhartley.com

MC4/5/6/X1e.c, on a Custom DAW   
    Focusrite Firewire Saffire Interface

BMI/NSAI

"Just as the blade chooses the warrior, so too, the song chooses the writer 
    Purple Rhapsody
    Max Output Level: -81 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 469
    Re:Remix - Colab with Scotty & Jonas 2011/09/14 13:51:27 (permalink)
    very nice - I like it.

Don't worry about your voice - sounded good to me!

Cheers,
    Terry.

Purple Rhapsody - emotions without words http://purplerhapsody.co.uk/
    morenoise
    Max Output Level: -69 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1074
    Re:Remix - Colab with Scotty & Jonas 2011/09/14 14:37:35 (permalink)
    Hi Rich, this sounds very nice, even better than the first  one. 

Rik
    Scottytunes
    Max Output Level: -18.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 5695
    Re:Remix - Colab with Scotty & Jonas 2011/09/14 16:21:41 (permalink)
    Hi Rich!

Nice job on this! Your vocal sounds PERFECT, so I don't see any reason to be unsettled with it.

Believe it or not, I was ready to give up on this one before giving myself a chance. I was worried that I wouldn't play a clean enough part for this, but I put my best foot forward and overcame my fear. I'm sure glad I gave myself that chance. I'm honored to be a part of your great song. Keep up the great work!

String Jammer
    Psalmist35
    Re:Remix - Colab with Scotty & Jonas 2011/09/16 09:52:36 (permalink)
    Thanks to everyone for your comments.  It's a simple song.  The first mix had my attempt at playing Accrodian on my Keyboard.  This was inspired from a song I heard by Sugarland.  I was quite impressed at the vibe the accordian contributed to their song so that was my attempt.  Jonas' playing really took the song to the next level.  Scotty did an awesome job as always.

@ Herb:  Thanks for the comments.  Yes I'm almost done with my house.  New roof, replaced all my windows and sliding glass doors and replaced the vinyl siding which was also damaged.  I'm currently waiting for the new carpeting to be installed throughout the house.  Whew! Almost done.  I just might be able to get back to a normal life.

@ Terry:  Thanks.  I guess I'll never be satisfied with my voice.

@ Rik:   I agree.  This mix is certainly better.  Giles recorded his Vox and A. Gtr in the same take.  It was a scratch track so it wasn't the best recording but it worked.  I'd love to try a song with you playing Nylon Stringed Gtr and me on Soprano Sax.  Maybe one day.

@ Scotty:  Thanks for giving this song a chance.  It's a simple song but if you would allow,  I am the one that is honored to have you contribute to this project.  Thanks again.

George Foreman Grill; Ginsu knifes; Clapper; Home Grown Intel i7 -6700K 16G Ram; Sonar Platinum; MOTU 896HD; Tascam US2400; 

My Music
    Janet
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 8094
    Re:Remix - Colab with Scotty & Jonas 2011/09/16 21:05:11 (permalink)
    This is absoflippinlutely beautiful, Rich. I just LOVE it! Everyone who contributed added something astounding. I'm a little confused about the vocals...is it you or Giles? Whoever...GREAT voice. No, not just OK and 'it-will-do', but very, very nice and something to be thankful for. Beautiful arrangement too. SO glad to hear you playing again, although I imagine you laid this down before the tornadoes. I hope your life can get back to normal real soon. @Rik: take him up on it!! :) @Scott: you didn't think you'd be able to do it right? You silly man. :) Lovely playing, as always!
    jsaras
    Max Output Level: -49 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2642
    Re:Remix - Colab with Scotty & Jonas 2011/09/17 11:46:27 (permalink)
    Not to "squeeze my own accordion", but note how unobtrusive a good, non-sampled accordion can sound in a track. It's NOT a wheezy, irritating sound! It's terrific acoustic glue, roughly similar to french horns playing softly, and it can do a credible "stringy" thing as well.

http://www.audiorecordingandservices.com ("one minute free" mastering)

http://tinyurl.com/3n6kj (free Sonar mixing template and Ozone mastering preset)
    Scottytunes
    Max Output Level: -18.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 5695
    Re:Remix - Colab with Scotty & Jonas 2011/09/17 22:25:42 (permalink)
    I really like your Accordion tracks. At one point it sounded like a church organ.

String Jammer
    Psalmist35
    Re:Remix - Colab with Scotty & Jonas 2011/09/19 13:08:10 (permalink)
    @ Janet:  Thanks for the Vocal comment.  Yess the first version is Giles singing.  The second, although I indicated a remix, is me singing the vocal.  I tried to get Giles to sing it again but he's been busy working on a CD album of his own.

Jonas:  "Squeeze you're own Accordian" as often as you like.  Thanks for contributing.  I'm sure you are very busy and I greatly appreciated your efforts.  There was such a difference in timbre in each of the tracks you sent.  I always think of the Cliche' when mentions accordian.  Thanks for convincing me otherwise.

My Music
    vechung
    Max Output Level: -74 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 818
    Re:Remix - Colab with Scotty & Jonas 2011/09/20 10:00:19 (permalink)
    You voice sounds beautiful!  Very nice rendition on this hymn.  Maybe add a female harmony in the later verses? 

http://www.soundclick.com/vicentechung
    https://soundcloud.com/thefoundandthelost

Vicente 

Sonar Platinum, Live 10, Motu 828, Ozone 7
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1