Remix by Sonic

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
RAiN0707
Max Output Level: -85 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 257
RE: Remix by Sonic 2005/08/25 12:28:45 (permalink)
Sonic (or should I call you Mike?), thanks for the response. Just wanted to make sure I was on the right track. I've noticed myself rolling off around 80-100 on some stuff I have been doing lately but I came to a sort of revelation - all those projects have guitars dropped to B or C tunings so the fundamental frequencies I would imagine would be lower than a standard 6 string. Am I correct in this assumption?
Sonic
Max Output Level: -60 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1517
RE: Remix by Sonic 2005/08/25 13:54:15 (permalink)
Makes sense to me!

The best is always yet to come. Now...shut up and make some noise!
A small sample of my music... http://www.soundclick.com/bands/8/turtlebend2.htm
daverich
Max Output Level: -41 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3418
RE: Remix by Sonic 2005/08/25 14:06:38 (permalink)
I have to say Sonic I'm consistently impressed with your work. You have an excellent ability at making things punchy/groovy/crystal.

I'll certainly be calling on you for some remixes in the future - I'd be very intrigued to see what you come up with for several of my tracks.

Sorry to take it off topic here - I'd be interested to know what monitoring/room you're using as you seem to be pretty spot-on consistently - certainly in the key areas where I and probably 50% of the people here struggle - the bottom end and that presence. Are you using an analog mastering eq?

Kind Regards

Dave Rich

For Sale - 10.5x7ft Whisperroom recording booth.

http://www.daverichband.com
http://www.soundclick.com/daverich
Sonic
Max Output Level: -60 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1517
RE: Remix by Sonic 2005/08/25 15:00:08 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: daverich

I have to say Sonic I'm consistently impressed with your work. You have an excellent ability at making things punchy/groovy/crystal.

I'll certainly be calling on you for some remixes in the future - I'd be very intrigued to see what you come up with for several of my tracks.

Sorry to take it off topic here - I'd be interested to know what monitoring/room you're using as you seem to be pretty spot-on consistently - certainly in the key areas where I and probably 50% of the people here struggle - the bottom end and that presence. Are you using an analog mastering eq?

Kind Regards

Dave Rich

Hi Dave! Thanks for the kind regards!
I'd have to say that it really doesn't matter what you monitor on, as long as you really know what your speakers sound like in relation to the rest of the world. Case in point... I listen on a pair of Samson Resolve 80As. $300 a pair. The only pair of speakers in my studio. Everything I listen to, I listen to with these cheap speakers. So I REALLY know what they sound like. That's it... that's all there is to it.
As far as analog mastering EQs... no, I don't use any. I just get that mix sounding as close to perfect as I can before I do any mastering. And when it comes time to master, I just hit the mix with a couple of light over-all EQ touch-ups in T-Racks, and give the over-all volume a boost.
Thanks for the kudos, and I look forward to working with your music in the future.
Cheers! -Mike

The best is always yet to come. Now...shut up and make some noise!
A small sample of my music... http://www.soundclick.com/bands/8/turtlebend2.htm
jwnicholson
Max Output Level: -83 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 386
RE: Remix by Sonic 2005/08/25 19:45:54 (permalink)
Hi Sonic,

Thanks for taking the time to write that out. Worth it's weight in gold.

I miss the old avatar though. Freaked me out everytime I saw it, but I loved it!
daverich
Max Output Level: -41 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3418
RE: Remix by Sonic 2005/08/26 06:28:46 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: Sonic

ORIGINAL: daverich

Kind Regards

Dave Rich

Hi Dave! Thanks for the kind regards!
I'd have to say that it really doesn't matter what you monitor on, as long as you really know what your speakers sound like in relation to the rest of the world. Case in point... I listen on a pair of Samson Resolve 80As. $300 a pair. The only pair of speakers in my studio. Everything I listen to, I listen to with these cheap speakers. So I REALLY know what they sound like. That's it... that's all there is to it.
As far as analog mastering EQs... no, I don't use any. I just get that mix sounding as close to perfect as I can before I do any mastering. And when it comes time to master, I just hit the mix with a couple of light over-all EQ touch-ups in T-Racks, and give the over-all volume a boost.
Thanks for the kudos, and I look forward to working with your music in the future.
Cheers! -Mike

Send me a mail with your address and I'll send you a cd. You can find my mail addy at www.daverich.co.uk

Kind regards

Dave Rich

For Sale - 10.5x7ft Whisperroom recording booth.

http://www.daverichband.com
http://www.soundclick.com/daverich
Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1