Remove beginning of wav clip

Author
RJdxi
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 11
2005/06/19 00:46:10 (permalink)

Remove beginning of wav clip

I'm a new user, but did try to find the answer in the help. I'm coming from Sonar, and I used to slip editing. How do I precisely remove the beginning of a clip? I know I can do a slip edit in the Arrange pane ( beginning or end of a clip), but this view does not show me the exact track time, and is not precise, with many attempts failing to remove the desired part. In the Editor pane, I can move my cursor and see the exact time ( measure:beat:tick) that I want to clip to. It seems the Edit view has a very simple way to remove the end of a clip, by moving the End marker. This works almost like a slip edit, but I can't figure out any way in the Editor view to remove part of the beginning of a clip. Thanks in advance for advice.

RJ

3 Replies Related Threads

Billy Buck
    Max Output Level: -54 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2101
    RE: Remove beginning of wav clip 2005/06/19 07:39:38 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: RJ
    I'm a new user, but did try to find the answer in the help. I'm coming from Sonar, and I used to slip editing. How do I precisely remove the beginning of a clip? I know I can do a slip edit in the Arrange pane ( beginning or end of a clip), but this view does not show me the exact track time, and is not precise, with many attempts failing to remove the desired part.

Welcome to the forum, RJ. I am a SONAR user also and just recently got P5 2.0 too. Yes, doing precise editing in the Arrange view was quite tedious in 2.0. Fortunately, Cakewalk provided relief, with the new clip/ptn editng Tool Tips feature, found in the latest 2.01 update. Many other great new features and enhancements, as well:

http://www.cakewalk.com/support/kb/kb2005265.asp

In the Editor pane, I can move my cursor and see the exact time ( measure:beat:tick) that I want to clip to. It seems the Edit view has a very simple way to remove the end of a clip, by moving the End marker. This works almost like a slip edit, but I can't figure out any way in the Editor view to remove part of the beginning of a clip. Thanks in advance for advice.

Check this previous thread out:

http://forum.cakewalk.com/tm.asp?m=496625

Win 10 Pro x64 | i7 4770k | ASUS Z87 Deluxe/Quad w/ TB 2.0 | 16GB Corsair RAM | Apollo Twin Duo USB | UAD Satellite Octo USB | UAD-2 Quad + UAD-2 Solo PCIe | SONAR Platinum x64 | REAPER 5 x64| TranzPort

dgkenney
    Max Output Level: -85 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 267
    RE: Remove beginning of wav clip 2005/06/19 20:27:24 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: RJdxi

I'm a new user, but did try to find the answer in the help. I'm coming from Sonar, and I used to slip editing. How do I precisely remove the beginning of a clip? I know I can do a slip edit in the Arrange pane ( beginning or end of a clip), but this view does not show me the exact track time, and is not precise, with many attempts failing to remove the desired part. In the Editor pane, I can move my cursor and see the exact time ( measure:beat:tick) that I want to clip to. It seems the Edit view has a very simple way to remove the end of a clip, by moving the End marker. This works almost like a slip edit, but I can't figure out any way in the Editor view to remove part of the beginning of a clip. Thanks in advance for advice.

RJ

Simply stated...you can't..at least not with audio. It works fine for midi but you can't set a start point for an audio clip/pattern in the editor.

This is one of my few dissapointments with P5V2. It seems the only way to do it is to split the clip, unlink it and re-groove it and, as you pointed out, doing that with any precision in the arrange window is a PITA.

Dan

Billy Buck
    Max Output Level: -54 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2101
    RE: Remove beginning of wav clip 2005/06/19 20:39:50 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: dgkenney
    It seems the only way to do it is to split the clip, unlink it and re-groove it and, as you pointed out, doing that with any precision in the arrange window is a PITA.

Dan

It has certainly got a lot easier and precise with the addition of the editing/automation values tool tips along with the new clip zoom features, in 2.01. My two favorite new features and very welcome indeed.

Win 10 Pro x64 | i7 4770k | ASUS Z87 Deluxe/Quad w/ TB 2.0 | 16GB Corsair RAM | Apollo Twin Duo USB | UAD Satellite Octo USB | UAD-2 Quad + UAD-2 Solo PCIe | SONAR Platinum x64 | REAPER 5 x64| TranzPort

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1