Removing AudioSnap from clips/tracks/project

Author
AkronPark
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 31
2011/07/07 17:06:37 (permalink)

Removing AudioSnap from clips/tracks/project

Hi all,

After some time spent searching for an answer to this and coming up empty I figured it was time to post ...

This should be a simple enough question and (hopefully) answer.

How does one get rid of unwanted AudioSnap transients?   I'm not talking about deleting a transient here-n-there.  I'm talking about removing all transients from all clips in the entire project.

I've seen references to a mystical 'reset' button in the AudioSnap palette but damned if I can find it ...

Please tell me that the ability to reset/clear all transients from a project truly does exist!

BTW - I am running Producer 8.5.3

Thanks for listening ....

-AkronPark

10 Replies Related Threads

Chappel
    Max Output Level: -52.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2300
    Re:Removing AudioSnap from clips/tracks/project 2011/07/07 18:56:00 (permalink)
    I don't use AudioSnap but it looks like you can click and drag all the nodes, Right click to get the menu where you can reset. You can disable them all in the same menu.

sharpdion23
    Max Output Level: -75 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 784
    Re:Removing AudioSnap from clips/tracks/project 2011/07/07 22:11:12 (permalink)
    Chappel

I don't use AudioSnap but it looks like you can click and drag all the nodes, Right click to get the menu where you can reset. You can disable them all in the same menu.

I thought the reset in the picture you uploaded resets the transient to its original place.

To OP: Did you want to turn off audiosnap? If you turn audiosnap off all the changes you did using audiosnap will be back to original. To do this select the track or ctrl+A to select all tracks, hit A on the keyboard to bring up the audiosnap box and then click the on and off button.

If you want to keep the changes of what you did with audiosnap and get rid of the transient markers just bounce the clip.

Hope this helps

Win7 pro 64bit*SonarX1 PE 64 bit* AMD Athlon(tm)64 X2 Dual Processor 6000+ 3.00 Ghz* 4GB Ram* 232GB HD* Cakewalk MA-15D* SPS-66 FireWire

Owner of Sonar 6 Studio* Sonar 7 PE * Sonar 8.0 PE * Sonar 8.5.3 PE * Sonar X1 PE *

Link to upload Screens: http://forum.cakewalk.com/tm.aspx?m=1592276

A lot of people are afraid of heights. Not me, I'm afraid of widths.
    Chappel
    Re:Removing AudioSnap from clips/tracks/project 2011/07/07 22:47:46 (permalink)
    The OP wanted to know where the reset button was. I showed him.
    AkronPark
    Re:Removing AudioSnap from clips/tracks/project 2011/07/08 09:15:23 (permalink)
    Hi,

Thanks for the replies...

I do want to turn off AudioSnap completely.  I want to restore the tracks as if AudioSnap was never engaged.

I have a project that says it is generating transients when I open it and most of the clips show 'busy' and then never change again (at least over an hour or so of waiting ...)

I am looking for a way to stop the project from building transients in the first place and removing any/all transients that exist in the project.

Possible?
    timidi
    Max Output Level: -21 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 5449
    Re:Removing AudioSnap from clips/tracks/project 2011/07/08 09:20:10 (permalink)
    AkronPark

Hi,

Thanks for the replies...

I do want to turn off AudioSnap completely.  I want to restore the tracks as if AudioSnap was never engaged.

I have a project that says it is generating transients when I open it and most of the clips show 'busy' and then never change again (at least over an hour or so of waiting ...)

I am looking for a way to stop the project from building transients in the first place and removing any/all transients that exist in the project.

Possible?

I have the same problem. fwiw.

ASUS P8P67, i7-2600K, CORSAIR 16GB, HIS 5450, 3 Samsung SSD 850, Win7 64, RME AIO.

https://timbowman.bandcamp.com/releases

Chappel
    Re:Removing AudioSnap from clips/tracks/project 2011/07/08 10:54:14 (permalink)
    Select the track and bounce to clip. I just tried that and it removed all transients from the waveform with the Transient Tool still selected. Then I turn off the transient tool and it's like I never used it in the first place.
    sharpdion23
    Max Output Level: -75 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 784
    Re:Removing AudioSnap from clips/tracks/project 2011/07/08 13:09:52 (permalink)
    So what you want to do is reset only some tracks so that it is like audiosnap was never there in the first place?

Like I said in my first post, bounce the track/tracks/clips you want to "reset" and all will be back to normal (Leaving all the changes you made in audiosnap). This sometimes takes time for it to bounce.

"I want to restore the tracks as if AudioSnap was never engaged." 

Select the track/tracks/clips you want to "reset" hit a on the keyboard and click the on/off button and that will turn audiosnap off including the transients on only the tracks you selected and not others (Undoing all the changes you made with Audiosnap like it was never turned on/engaged)

Hope this helps!
    post edited by sharpdion23 - 2011/07/08 13:18:05

Win7 pro 64bit*SonarX1 PE 64 bit* AMD Athlon(tm)64 X2 Dual Processor 6000+ 3.00 Ghz* 4GB Ram* 232GB HD* Cakewalk MA-15D* SPS-66 FireWire

Owner of Sonar 6 Studio* Sonar 7 PE * Sonar 8.0 PE * Sonar 8.5.3 PE * Sonar X1 PE *

Link to upload Screens: http://forum.cakewalk.com/tm.aspx?m=1592276

A lot of people are afraid of heights. Not me, I'm afraid of widths.
    Dreamliner
    • Total Posts : 23
    Re:Removing AudioSnap from clips/tracks/project 2011/07/10 10:37:38 (permalink)
    I've shied off using AudioSnap (in 8.5.3) myself because of this sort of issue. Whenever I've played around with it I've given up in disgust, and reverted to a previous version of the project. Pity, because on the face of it it would seem useful.

For example, I currently have a studio drum track that drifts a little off the beat and which I'd like to sync up with the existing project. But I'm going to do what I did last time: split the audio track into sections and shift the offending ones by a few milliseconds. Not ideal, but it works. I do the same with vocals.

Of course it might help if there were a decent printed manual, so I could learn how to use AS properly, but Cakewalk seems to think "tutorials" are a sufficient replacement. To me this is a major drawback of Sonar.
    Cactus Music
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 8424
    Re:Removing AudioSnap from clips/tracks/project 2011/07/10 11:56:33 (permalink)
    I got it to work once but then that was it. So I too just leave it be.
    I am in the habit of using "save as" after doing major changes to a project. That way you can go back.
    post edited by Cactus Music - 2011/07/10 11:57:46

Johnny V  
    Cakelab  
    Focusrite 6i61st - Tascam us1641. 
    3 Desktops and 3 Laptops W7 and W10
     http://www.cactusmusic.ca/

AkronPark
    Re:Removing AudioSnap from clips/tracks/project 2011/07/12 13:35:05 (permalink)
    Hi,

Thanks for the replies.  I have been pulled over to another project and will need to revisit this in the near future.

I am hoping that the 'bounce' method will work as described.

I still have to figure out how to get the tracks/clips to come out of their 'busy' state when initially loading the project.  So far, nothing has resolved that ...

Thanks again,
    AkronPark
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1