Removing DXI entries from registry ??

Author
m.letcher
Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 73
2010/07/30 21:53:39 (permalink)

Removing DXI entries from registry ??

So now that CW is even shifting away from DXI support, I'd like to clean my system up. After DL'ing the latest Dim update ( thank you CW ), I find my registry cluttered with DXI junk I'd like to remove. However, this doesnt' appear to be a very transparent process, so I'm seeking some experienced guidance prior to just hacking up my registry.

Too make matters worse, I've even used a CW utility which 'converted' VST instruments into DXI entries ( an incredablly bad idea ). Now, some instruments and effects ( Pentagon, etc ) will need to remain as DXI's., but there are more than a dozen duplicate entries and no I'm not going to do an OS re-install just to clean up the junk.

Any suggestions ??

Now I have looked into DXman but it doesn't even see the VST's that CW is 'emulating' as DXI's ( a couple dozens of those now ).

CCleaner, etc, doesn't pick these up as problems even if the dll's are missing. While probaly more of a MSoft issue I'd expect CW to still be able to clean up after itself. My biggest surprise so far has been DimLE DXI failing to start and reporting errors in P5 tracks ( even those from CW ) and not substituting the VST instead.

So, what should I be looking for in reged that won't kill my Vista installation ??

0 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1