Rene: How many instances of Rapture can we install?

Author
thndrsn
Max Output Level: -81 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 475
2006/11/16 04:57:41 (permalink)

Rene: How many instances of Rapture can we install?

Rene,
Can you tell me whether we are authorized to install Rapture on more than one machine?

I have SONAR installed on my desktop DAW and my laptop, and a second desktop machine is a VST only client with the DAW as host via FXTeleport. So, for example, I have installed EWQLSO Gold on both the desktop and the VST machine since two installations are authorized.

The Rapture documentation describing the authorization procedure left open the question of the number of installations that we were authorized, but suggested that it was greater than one.

Can I install Rapture on the SONAR DAW computer and also on the VST computer for plugins running withinin SONAR via FXTeleport to distribute the CPU load between the two machines when using the one instance of SONAR?

Can I also install it on the laptop for remote, on-location use as well?

Beethoven was right: the bigger the stream, the deeper the tone.

2 Replies Related Threads

fac
    Max Output Level: -51 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2427
    RE: Rene: How many instances of Rapture can we install? 2006/11/16 08:16:49 (permalink)
    You *can* install Rapture in any number of machines you want.

However, you're only *allowed* to install it in one machine.

But, Cakewalk seems to be ok with installing it in two machines, as long as only one copy is being used at a time.

Since you plan to use FXTeleport to distribute the load, there is the chance that you will be using Rapture in two machines at a time, which doesn't seem to be explicitly allowed by Cakewalk.

But, as long as you're the only user of those machines, I don't think anyone would care.

http://facproductions.net

Lots of gear. Not enough time.
    AT
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 10654
    RE: Rene: How many instances of Rapture can we install? 2006/11/16 10:25:30 (permalink)
    The EULA states that you can run one instance at one time - written in a confusing way which serves Cake's purpose. It can be read as only one machine, or only one copy being used at a time. There have been many threads about this. But, tHere is nothing to stop you from putting Cake software on more than one machine, or using it on more than one at a time except for registering. Are they likely to send the Cake police to confiscate your computers if you have it on two? No. However, if they were to get response requests for your serial number on a hundred machines (or even 10), they would no doubt want to know why.

To me, it is a sensible process. No dongles, no Iloc, just checking in with home bass so they can keep an eye on things. You can't stop the crackers anyway. However, you can drive away customers with protection schemes. If I want to use my copy on my laptop or my desktop I don't think Cake cares, but there is no sense making it easy for me to give my #'s to all my friends or sell it, etc. In case you haven't noticed, not everyone is as honest as you or me.

https://soundcloud.com/a-pleasure-dome
    http://www.bnoir-film.com/  

there came forth little children out of the city, and mocked him, and said unto him, Go up, thou bald head; go up, thou bald head.
    24 And he turned back, and looked on them, and cursed them in the name of the Lord. And there came forth two she bears out of the wood, and tare forty and two children of them.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1