Reorganizing Dimension Pro Presets

Author
wetdentist
Max Output Level: -68 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1129
2008/01/25 10:06:43 (permalink)

Reorganizing Dimension Pro Presets

I've been spending some serious time with Dimension Pro because I want to become organized for the future. We all know that Dim Pro comes with an overwhelming amount of presets i.e. "programs", and the way that they are ordered by the factory isn't necessarily the most logical way to list them. For example, just in the "Dimensions" folder there are some programs that have an acoustic piano sound, others sound like strings, but instead of being placed in a folder that is called "Pianos" or "Strings" they have been deemed generically "Dimensions"; and of course, there are presets included that I know that I would never have a reason to use. What I want to know, is there a way to reorganize my Dim Pro library so that the synth recognizes my new choices of folders to put each preset I want to keep? Because I added a new folder called "my library" and the software does not recognize it. I have seen the "programs.1st" file on my hard drive, and that seems to be the file that Dim Pro looks at to recognize programs, but is that the only place/format that i can add my own library to Dimension Pro? Please tell me there is another way

ps. i want my new library to show up in the program browser
post edited by wetdentist - 2008/01/25 11:35:35

3.5 Ghz AMD 6-Core/16 gigs RAM, Roland Quad-Capture, Win 10, Cakewalk by Bandlab, Komplete 10, z3ta+, Z3TA+ 2, Rapture, Maschine 2.7 (MKI & Jam), Melodyne 4 Studio, Ozone 4, Jam Origin MIDI Guitar 2, Schecter Damien Elite, Fender Sonoran w/TronicalTune Plus installed, etc 
go here to hear Wet Dentist (2000-2016 RIP)
my new sounds: The Das Kaput

2 Replies Related Threads

xylyx
    Max Output Level: -50 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2505
    RE: Reorganizing Dimension Pro Presets 2008/01/25 13:49:08 (permalink)
    Did you press F5 when the browser was open to refresh it? You should then be able to see it (providing you have placed it in the directory where DP looks for presets). You can reorganise presets just by moving them around in Windows Explorer, just be sure to F5 the browser in DP whenever you have changed stuff...
    wetdentist
    Max Output Level: -68 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1129
    RE: Reorganizing Dimension Pro Presets 2008/01/25 16:24:44 (permalink)
    hey xylyx, that worked like a charm!
    thanks so much
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1